Sleepyhead software glitch

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
zimm4er

Sleepyhead software glitch

Post by zimm4er » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:04 pm

I have been downloading with sleepy head for quite some time. Now when I try to download it wants me to pick a file. Have tried several different files, but they wont open. So must not be the right one. Before it has always known where to download. I even uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail. HELP

palerider

Re: Sleepyhead software glitch

Post by palerider » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:27 pm

zimm4er wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:04 pm
I have been downloading with sleepy head for quite some time. Now when I try to download it wants me to pick a file. Have tried several different files, but they wont open. So must not be the right one. Before it has always known where to download. I even uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail. HELP
You don't pick a file, you pick the drive that your SD card is in.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

JimW159

Post by JimW159 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:53 am

When I import data from an SD card SH automatically looks at all SD card related locations and assesses the files there. The only times it ever asks to pick anything is initially when it asks one to pick a user and then pick a file or location if it does not find SD cards containing files that match the file structure expected from acceptable data. During the search process there is a very small dialog box asking for the pick - meanwhile it has a green bar showing the search process. The only thing that comes to mind is an empty or otherwise corrupted file structure. But never having encountered either of those conditions, I can't be certain what would happen.

RogerSC

Post by RogerSC » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:39 am

Just a thought, your SD card reader may be dirty. If the card reader isn't working, then SleepyHead won't try to import from the drive (of course), and it will ask you for a file to use instead. I've had this happen when my computer couldn't read the SD card that I use in my cpap machine. Blowing out the SD card reader with a little compressed air has cleaned up the SD card reader in my computer again so that it could read my cpap's card, and corrected the problem.