ResMed F30 - any experience or input?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
JimW159

ResMed F30 - any experience or input?

Post by JimW159 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:43 pm

Thus far, has anyone used or tried a ResMed F30 FFM? I am especially interested in any first hand experience or comparison of it and the Respironics DreamWear FFM.

djams

Re: ResMed F30 - any experience or input?

Post by djams » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:44 am

I've been using the F30 for 12 days. I really like it. Very comfortable and no leak problems. I'm renting it from my sleep doctor for 14 days.

I did the same rental of a dreamwear FFM a while back. I think that's a great setup with the hose on top of the head. But I had to tighten it up way too tight in order to prevent leaks. It was a choice between waking up frequently with noisy leaks, or looking like my face got mutilated over night. :lol:

Of the two, I prefer the dreamwear design overall. I really liked getting the hose out of the way. The F30 headgear has "top of the head" adjustment that allowed me to make the mask comfortable and get a good seal.

I'll be purchasing a F30 next week when I return the rental. I like it. I think I'm sleeping better with it than my F20 - difficult to make that assessment over such a short period of time. Could just be coincidence.

That's my experience. YMMV, of course.

zonker

Post by zonker » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:32 am

jim, have a look here-

viewtopic/t173652/F30-mask.html

hey, djams? maybe you can post a review on the thread i just linked?
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

DracoZaroff

Post by DracoZaroff » Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:23 pm

I'm really new to the CPAP game but I ordered an Airfit F30 and gave it a shot. Being the first full face mask I've ever used I don't have much to compair it to. What I did find is that it became more comfortable each time I tried it. Last night was the first full night I was able to wear it and by the morning it felt pretty comfortable.
Although I woke up a few times with air hissing out around the edges my machine reported that the seal was the second best in the month that I've been using my machine.
On another note I had seen a YouTube video where someone attached the F20 cushion to the F30 so I ordered the Airtouch F20 cushion and when that arrives I'll see for myself how well it fits and works in that capacity.

djams

Post by djams » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:25 pm

zonker wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:32 am
hey, djams? maybe you can post a review on the thread i just linked?
Thanks for the suggestion. But honestly, masks are such a personal thing that any one person's thoughts on them are next to useless. I answered here became I had tried both masks the OP mentioned. For a short time.

TrainGuy55

Post by TrainGuy55 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:18 pm

I have it on order from the DME. Hoping this is it because Amara view dries everything out for me. The Dreamwear FFM just doesn't give me enough air.

remstarcpap

Post by remstarcpap » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:45 am

I did a full review here:

viewtopic.php?p=1275094#p1275031

rileyrd22

Post by rileyrd22 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:49 am

I have been using the F30 for 4 nights. Not obviously enough for a full review, but it works for me better than the Dreamwear FFM. So far no leak issues at all and straps are more comfortable to me than the Dreamwear frame. It probably will be my primary mask going forward with a Air Touch F20 as my backup.