Resperonics dreamwear ffm

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Greg Riddle

Resperonics dreamwear ffm

Post by Greg Riddle » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:01 pm

I'm using a resmed air aircurve vauto set at 14.8cm Epap, a ps of 4 and a large quattro fx ffm

I have been wearing a large resmed quattro fx for 5 years now. I need a new max, so I thought I would try the mirage liberty. Dme convinced me to try the dreamwear. It is very comfortable. Unfortunately, that is the only thing I liked about it. It took a very long time to get it adjusted to stop leaks. It didn't last long as soon as my head touched the pillow the leaks started. I tried for an hour to get everything adjusted. Finally got settled in but the masked didn't feel stable.

While lying down and not leaking, I can't help but notice the mask is very loud. Maybe due to pressure. The cushion support between the nose and upper lip is, in my opinion, to close together. The hole for suplying air to your nose is too small. It feels like my nose is plugged up. After some inspection it appears the cushion is covering up half my nostril. The cushion also rubbed on my lips at the corner of my mouth. Most of this tells me that the medium size is not correct.

I could probably try a bigger mask, but I don't like the hose being on the top of my head. I also don't like how loud it is. The dreamwear was so loud I couldn't hear the bipap machine over the mask. The quattro fx is so quite I can barely hear it. It is not as quite as the resmed f20 but close.

With that I will probably just get another quattro fx. I can keep the quattro fx from leaking even if I wake up laying on my face. It is quiet. The diffuser points up sho it doesn't bother anyone. I can keep it comfortable as long as I keep the cushion clean and not older than 3 months

Okie bipap

Re: Resperonics dreamwear ffm

Post by Okie bipap » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:01 am

Are you using the full face mask or the nasal cushion? It sounds like you have the wrong size cushion. The cushion should not block the nostrils.

Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional.

Greg Riddle

Post by Greg Riddle » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:15 am

It's the ffm. Going to try the f20

Chris8243

Post by Chris8243 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:11 pm

I'm also struggling to get used to Dreamwear with Full Face Mask. It's been almost a week, last night was best so far. Definitely not in love with this thing. Loud leak sounds although none show up in Sleepyhead. It seems louder in general, quiet only if I hold my fingers on the mask under my nostrils, which is obviously not a solution. Getting dents in my face, although thick fleece us helping with that.

Been using Amara View, began struggling with fit & noisy leaks so thought I'd try something new.

Just know you're not alone in this CPAP adventure.

Chris8243

Post by Chris8243 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:21 am

Update on me - I decided last night to give up on the Dreamwear & go back to Amara View. In case you were wondering :roll:

weroberts75

Post by weroberts75 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:37 am

I've been using the AirFit F30 for nearly a month now, and it does not have the issues that you mentioned with the DreamWear FFM.
However, for the F30 to work you have to make sure that your nostrils are directly over the nostril-holes in the mask when putting it on,
and if you bump the mask in the night it's possible that you may have to take off the mask, realign the holes and put it back on.
However, my nose is not as pronounced as the average nose and my nostrils are almost flush with my face.
Despite its challenges, I've found myself sleeping more deeply with the AirFit F30 than I did with the DreamWear FFM.

The original poster mentioned using the Quattro FX, and if that works for you many people have had success with it.

No matter which mask you use, keeping the cushion clean is essential.