oxgen level 93 at night do i still need the oxygen or will they now take me off.

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
moreorless

oxgen level 93 at night do i still need the oxygen or will they now take me off.

Post by moreorless » Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:49 pm

oxygen is 93 at night based on sleep study

do i still need the oxygen or will they now take me off.

Additional Comments: dreamstation dreammapper i think i dunno. software. whats on the menu in dreamstation i dunno about the software hmm

kteague

Re: oxgen level 93 at night do i still need the oxygen or will they now take me off.

Post by kteague » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:08 pm

I'm not familiar with your history, just looked at your last few posts. Is the 93 at the sleep study with or without CPAP? Was your low oxygen due to lung disease or just when having apnea events? Do you use the oxygen during the daytime also? So much we don't know.

moreorless

Re: oxgen level 93 at night do i still need the oxygen or will they now take me off.

Post by moreorless » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:12 pm

its 93 at sleep study i did not use the oxygen there
they used the bipap

so tonight i will not use oxygen at home.
i usually do oxygen at night 2 liters . but didnt at sleep study.
during day while sleeping did oxygen as well.with bipap at home

the sleep study used bipap .
was diagnosed with sleep apnea 2015.
so when they did sleep study they only was going to use oxygen if it dropped below a certain amount, which i dont know but they didnt need to use oxygen with sleep study.

guess i dont need oxygen no more they are going to raise the bipap settings from 12/ 20 to 15 /20 .
however i guess its up to doctor? who knows...
but is 93 a good figure where u dont need oxygen no more?
or can my oxygen drop again at night with bipap?

how can they determine it? so sleep study in hospital can determine no more need for oxygen?

oxygen machine makes my room hot

Additional Comments: dreamstation dreammapper i think i dunno. software. whats on the menu in dreamstation i dunno about the software hmm

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:31 pm

88% is the cut off usually for needing added O2.

It's normal to have a little drop in oxygen levels at night anyway (like 3 to 4%)...with or without cpap.
So your 93% may be just normal for you and if you never got near 88% then most likely you get to lose the added O2.
Won't break you heart will it? :lol:

Do discuss it with your doctor just to make sure though...just in case there is some other reason that he might think you would benefit from added O2. He knows all your medical history...we don't.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

moreorless

Post by moreorless » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:37 pm

the sleep test I took was to determine if i needed oxygen again and whether insurance was going to continue to pay for it.
93 is good then.
in past it was lower like in 2016 so they told me i needed oxygen.
i am so happy then :)
no more oxygen for me.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:40 pm

As pugsy said, please do run it by your doctor--just in case there are other factors.

moreorless

Post by moreorless » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:42 pm

wont the sleep test person send results to doctor, i know they are going to send it to those people who do the settings on my machine and give me the oxygen machine. the dme people who give me supplies.

moreorless

Post by moreorless » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:44 pm

hypoxia i think i have that.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:51 pm

Yes, your doctor should also be getting a copy of the sleep test results if he is the one that ordered the sleep test.

Just give your doctor a call and confirm that he got the results and make sure that he is happy with 93%.

But do remember that without your machine your oxygen levels could drop again if you sleep without the machine and the apnea events happen again. With the machine your oxygen levels are good...but without the machine most likely in the toilet again.
So every time you sleep...use your machine and that includes naps.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Okie bipap

Post by Okie bipap » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:32 pm

I was prescribed supplemental oxygen when sleeping after I had a knee replacement in 2014. I used 2 liters per minute at night. During my sleep study, my oxygen level went to 63% before they put me on oxygen in order to complete the study. Once they put the xpap mask on me, my oxygen levels stabilized. After I got my machine and I started treatment for my sleep apnea, my doctor approved me going off the supplemental oxygen at night.

Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional.

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:35 pm

moreorless wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:49 pm
oxygen is 93 at night based on sleep study

do i still need the oxygen or will they now take me off.
Best to ask whoever put you on it, all we can do is guess at what they're going to do.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

raisedfist

Post by raisedfist » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:22 am

Give the physician who prescribed the supplemental oxygen the sleep study report, and ask them. It would be dangerous for anyone else to advise you otherwise.

PS Min 6, PS Max 18, EPAP Min 4, EPAP Max 12