New (Sort of) and having number of issues

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Padron192664

New (Sort of) and having number of issues

Post by Padron192664 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:50 am

Hey,

So I started CPAP for possible UARS/snoring like 7+ years ago but stopped using it because I thought I felt better but guess that was not the case because I began having sleep issues ago (waking up after 5 hrs unable to get back to sleep) I thought some sleep restriction therapy might help but tried it for like a month+ but was still only sleeping 5 hrs (Sleep window was 1am to 7am).

Decided to give CPAP a try again cause this is how I felt 7 years ago and it seemed to help (took a while to get used to)

My pressure prescribed was 5cm at the time.

1st week back has been rough. Rainout in climateline hose and breathing out of the mouth. Little sleep

I can breathe fine out of my nose (ENT and Sleep doctor said nasal mask should be fine) but for some reason my mouth opens at night and machine seems to shut off cause I'm breathing thru mouth. (Don't know if low pressure is causing this) Tried tape but woke up in a panic one night.

Also I have climateline hose but it seems to be getting constant condensation. Not even sure if its working and if its defective and I need a new one. House is around 60-65 right now and I have set the hose temp from 70 anywhere to 85 and it still seems to have rainout.

I'm getting an auto cpap s9 off craigslist and plan on downloading sleepyhead and hopefully someone here can help me interpret the reports and find best pressure range for me.

Also have a meeting with new sleep doc on Tuesday so we'll see how that goes.

Any help would be appreciated.....Thanks