ResMed AirFit N30i nasal mask now available at cpap.com

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Pugsy

ResMed AirFit N30i nasal mask now available at cpap.com

Post by Pugsy » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:15 pm

https://www.cpap.com/productpage/resmed ... -cpap-mask

Supposedly will ship the 22nd.

The usual free return insurance included.

Be careful....FitPack comes with a choice in frame sizes but I have yet to find out the difference between the two frame options...standard and small.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

DavidY

Re: ResMed AirFit N30i nasal mask now available at cpap.com

Post by DavidY » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:47 pm

I have found Dreamwear's large frame (had to order this separately) to fit me better than N30i's regular/standard frame. If you have a big head like me, N30i's regular/standard frame may be too tight of a fit.

djont57

Post by djont57 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:38 am

The N30i Std. frame is a little tight for me but, it is working. Similar in size to the Dreamwear medium frame.

frapilu

Post by frapilu » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:01 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:15 pm

The usual free return insurance included.

Be careful....FitPack comes with a choice in frame sizes but I have yet to find out the difference between the two frame options...standard and small.
From what I see on ResMed’s page, they recommend that women use a small frame and men use the standard. I currently use the Swift FX for Her but I’m tempted to try this.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:27 pm

frapilu wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:01 pm
From what I see on ResMed’s page, they recommend that women use a small frame and men use the standard. I currently use the Swift FX for Her but I’m tempted to try this.
I wasn't crazy about the DreamWear under the nose cushion mask but not because of the frame or anything like that.
I just wasn't used to air blowing anywhere on my nose and it just felt like it was leaking...that little bit of air at the nostril opening.
I know it wasn't leaking but it sure felt like it because for years with using nasal pillows...if you feel air on the nose somewhere then it is leaking. It was hard for my brain to re adapt to "okay, a little air with this mask isn't a leak".
For sure I would go with the small frame...even the small DreamWear frame was none to snug on me. I had to add some fleece to make it a little more snug.

This mask doesn't interest me enough to fork over my own money but maybe later I will see if my DME has it.
Let my insurance buy it and if I don't care for it...then they will let me swap it for my P10. It's time for my 6 month new mask allowance.
I have zero money in my mad mask fund for such experiments right now....Spent nearly $6 K on the truck...got it back last Friday...and 4 hours later it went back...and picked it up today...and the damn thing still smokes like a mosquito fogger. Sigh.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

realshelby

Post by realshelby » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:32 am

I have one on order. How it works when sleeping on my side will determine if I use it a lot. Or not.

The Dreamwear nasal cushion is the most comfortable mask I have yet to use. But it has some faults. Due to the size and shape of the openings in the cushion, if you lay on your side it shifts the cushion just enough that the airflow gets lowered into that side nostril. Maybe not blocked, but reduced. This is NOT a collapse of the tubing/headgear restriction flow through it. I know some have said that happens, but I wonder if it isn't the same misalignment of the nostril to cushion opening I have experienced? The shape/design of the N30i cushion looks like it will flow better. BTW, I have found that the Dreamwear nasal gives a near perfect seal. Leak charts are zero on MyAir, and an occasional blip on Sleepyhead. Just like my Nuance Pro! Hopefully this works as well.

The top mount hose is simply the best. I want this to work.
Min 7 Max 20 (cmH2O)

weroberts75

Post by weroberts75 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:35 am

Sometimes I want a nasal mask and sometimes I want a full mask.

I've had the most success with the DreamWear Full Face Mask, but when the AirFit F30 came out I decided to try it because so many of its features looked good on paper.
I wore the F30 for 5 weeks straight and convinced myself that in many ways it was superior to the DreamWear FFM.
However, when I finally gave up and went back to the DreamWear, I had to admit that the F30 really wasn't a good mask for me...

I have a feeling that I might feel the same way about ResMed's N30i.
I'll stick with DreamWear for nights that I want a nasal mask, at least until my DME has an N30i for me to try.

heyslick

Post by heyslick » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:50 am

Weroborts75, i sent you a pm

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:41 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:15 pm

------------>
Offering one of the widest fields of vision on the market today, the AirFit N30i makes it possible to maintain a normal bedtime routine including watching television, reading, using electronics, and so much more while enjoying the open view and lightweight design of the AirFit N30i.
Oh Johnny, just come out and say it. We're all adults here.

raisedfist

Post by raisedfist » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:41 pm

Gonna try this out...I own way too many masks, all of which are less than perfect... :(

PS Min 6, PS Max 18, EPAP Min 4, EPAP Max 12

jnk...

Post by jnk... » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:00 pm

ChicagoGranny wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:41 pm
We're all adults here.
Speak for yourself, CG. :P :lol:
-Jeff (AS10/P30i)

Accounts to put on the foe list: Me. I often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

deebkay

Post by deebkay » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:07 pm

Hello,
This is my first post to this board but I've read posts a few times and appreciate all the help.

I'm interested in the new N30i mask but don't know which she frame/headgear to get - small or standard. For the most part I always the small or extra small cushion size but my head is fairly large for a woman - 22.5 inches around. I use the Dreamwear medium size frame (aren't they all medium?) and that fits well enough - does anyone know which size of the N30i is closer to the Dreamwear frame or have some other guidance as to size choice?

Currently I alternate between a few masks with the Bravida and Dreamwear being the most common.
Thanks
Deb

Resmed Airsense for Her

djont57

Post by djont57 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:53 pm

I have both the Dreamwear & N30i; the N30i Standard is the same size as Dreamwear's Medium.

raisedfist

Post by raisedfist » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:04 pm

I got a call from our host saying the mask is backordered, but that it should be in stock and ship this Friday.

PS Min 6, PS Max 18, EPAP Min 4, EPAP Max 12

Becca59

Post by Becca59 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:17 pm

I love my F30 mask. It doesn't leak like my dreamwear FF did. the small cushion on the F30 seals better than Dreamwear's small cushion did so... I prefer the F30 mask for me. I am hoping that Resmed will make a FF version. I will definitely want to try it. I also prefer being a "hose head" rather than a "hose nose". I was really disappointed that Dreamwear didn't work out for me. I found the medium headgear for the Dreamwear FF to be too loose which may have been the reason it leaked. Yes, I did try the small headgear and found it too small... so after hearing that the N30i medium headgear is the same size as Dreamwear, I am wondering if I will have the same problem with Resmed's version. Is the headgear for the n30i more adjustable than Dreamwear?
AuntDucky