Resmed N30i.

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Bobby269

Resmed N30i.

Post by Bobby269 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:35 am

I used this mask last night. The standard kit worked for me using the medium cushion. With the P10 and nuance Pro mask I use the large cushion. I wear a large hat but the standard head gear fits fine. I like this mask better than the dreamwear. The only thing I have to get used to is no major moves around the bed.With the air attachment at the top it restricted my movement more than the above two mentioned masks
I seemed like I was receiving more air.It is as quiet as the P10 mask. Sometimes with the Dreamwear it felt like I was cutting off the air flow. Not with the new mask.It is a very comfortable mask.It was very nice not to use lanolin for the cushions. No pillows up my nose was also nice.
There was a very noisy thunderstorm last night and I didn't hear it.My reading was below 1.0 .
If I can get the VA to carry this mask it can be a keeper. :D :D :D :D

Additional Comments: Set to Apap 14.00/20. EPR 3, Climate line hose, Oscar for Mac 1.1.0. Betta.1

djont57

Re: Resmed N30i.

Post by djont57 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:53 pm

I've used this mask for about a month; I too like it better than the Dreamwear.

Coffee Man

Post by Coffee Man » Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:37 pm

I concur that this has supplanted the DreamWear for me as well. I can crank up the humidity to 8 (max) on my Autoset without having condensation issues since the cushion vents way better than the DreamWear nasal cushion.

MeToo

Post by MeToo » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:03 am

I've used the Activa for 10+ years. While the Activa was the best I could find (I'm a moderately active side-sleeper with apap pressure b/w 8.2-10.5) it does require careful positioning to hang off the pillow and it wasn't always as comfortable as I'd prefer.

The n30i is a a winner. When I took it out of the packaging and inspected it, I thought "no way this will work." But it does. It is really light, it doesn't easily get dislodged (you can sleep with it being pushed against the pillow), and it is generally comfortable. I say generally because the septum the under-side of my nose can hurt a little bit at times. I think that may be due to getting it adjusted properly or it is more likely due my deviated septum. Both the small and medium cushions seal fine and hopefully these fittings will be as flexible for others as well. All three sizes (S-M-Wide) come with the mask.

I average around 1.2 AHI per night. I woke up the first morning and my Airsense 10 showed 0.0 AHI! In 15 yrs of cpaping that has never happened. The next night was 2.0, but last night was .4. This will now be my go-to mask. Sorry Activa, but I've been faithful for a long time.

I predict it will be the most popular and highest-rated mask on cpap.com in several months.

DavidY

Post by DavidY » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:49 am

It sill has some noise for me...less than the Dreamwear however. The regular frame is on the tight side. My Dreamwear's large frame, bought separately, fits me better than the N30i regular frame. Hope that Resmed will come with a large frame size too.

raisedfist

Post by raisedfist » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:05 am

I found it very quiet while sitting up, but pretty noisy when lying down no matter how I positioned myself last night. I will give it another try tonight.

PS Min 6, PS Max 18, EPAP Min 4, EPAP Max 12

Bobby269

Post by Bobby269 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:47 pm

Did you have any leaks? When my mask is making noise it's leaking terrible. But the strange thing is my reading have been very low even a 0.0 one night. When I get the leaks reduced his mask could be a keeper. I have tried all the cushions . Medium seems the best. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Additional Comments: Set to Apap 14.00/20. EPR 3, Climate line hose, Oscar for Mac 1.1.0. Betta.1

raisedfist

Post by raisedfist » Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:15 pm

I've had a cold the last week or so and it's too difficult to use this mask right now - nose keeps clogging up and then I feel starved for air.

PS Min 6, PS Max 18, EPAP Min 4, EPAP Max 12

Gator5000e

Post by Gator5000e » Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:56 pm

Does anyone know if there are there any plans to come out with a full face mask similar to the Dreamwear FF that covers your mouth with the nasal cushion?