Riddle me this

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
andrasnm

Riddle me this

Post by andrasnm » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:53 am

My Dreamstation was acting up (the humidifier broke) and they gave me a new machine at Timberlake. When the technician set up my machine he set it to the doctors prescription ONLY. Anyway. I took it home set it up and slept maybe 3 hours with a setting Min 10 Max 15 (cmH2O). My old setting was Min 11.5 Max 20 (cmH2O). The technician set up the machine that it does not even show my AHI number.
Why would they do that? Here are my historical numbers. At times I went over 15 pressure.
cpap.png
cpap.png (144.87 KiB) Viewed 747 times

palerider

Re: Riddle me this

Post by palerider » Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:07 am

andrasnm wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:53 am
Why would they do that?
Because that's what they were told to do?

Presumably, you fixed it.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

andrasnm

Post by andrasnm » Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:33 am

Oh, yes I will. I hope I can keep this machine...maybe they want to swap back and then I will have to reset it AGAIN...

Jas_williams

Post by Jas_williams » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:18 am

andrasnm wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:53 am
Why would they do that?

The DME has to follow whatever is on your prescription not what is on your current machine. But you can change it to whatever you like so set it back to where you are most comfortable. The other settings like the AHI on the screen I bet the DME just took whatever was default on that machine.

andrasnm

Post by andrasnm » Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:29 am

Yes. This morning I went into therapist setting and changed to show AHI, amazingly, it was off. Then, I have tried to change the mask fit to auto start the therapy without me needing to hit any button (I am used to it, it is sooo nice) but it does not work! Any idea why it wouldn't work?

freetimecreations

Post by freetimecreations » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:22 pm

andrasnm wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:29 am
Then, I have tried to change the mask fit to auto start the therapy without me needing to hit any button (I am used to it, it is sooo nice) but it does not work! Any idea why it wouldn't work?
You tried to change the setting for "autostart" but the setting would not change or it did change to read "on" but the "autostart" feature does not work. Is that correct?

Since this is a riddle I'll throw out anything I can think of. Pull out the memory card, unplug and plug in the machine and temporarily without the card change the "autostart" and see if it works.

andrasnm

Post by andrasnm » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:56 pm

The autostart, if I am not mistaken happens when I set the auto maskfit feature (the machine checks the mask automatically) that is what's seem to fail. I will try to remove the card but actually that test already happened.

EDIT; there is a setting for the machine itself and the AUTO=off must be set to on.