Reaspironics Dreamwear Full Face mask causing apneas?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Chalkie

Reaspironics Dreamwear Full Face mask causing apneas?

Post by Chalkie » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:45 am

I have tried the Dreamwear full face mask a couple of times and really want it to work.

However, both nights I have tried it I have awoken after a couple of hours having had an obviously really nad apnea ( the type I only used to get re-CPAP).

I can only speculate why this is. Maybe the mask moved away from my nose.

Whatever the cause, it makes me nervous to try it again but I want to feel I have given it a fair crack of the whip. I want to cut down on leaks before I start messing with pressures.

Has anyone else had teething trouble with this mask? I would be interested in feedback on the Dreamwearm good or bad.
Machine: Philips Respironics BiPAP C Series.
Mask: Respironics Comfort Gel Nasal Mask.

Pressure 12-18.

Haley

Re: Reaspironics Dreamwear Full Face mask causing apneas?

Post by Haley » Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:29 pm

I wear the Dreamwear Full Face Mask and I love it. I was having trouble with large leaks and too many apneas but I wanted to make this mask work because I had tried a full face that goes over your whole nose and I could not tolerate it. On the Apnea Board Forum there is a poster named BonJour that has written an instructional article titled Mask Primer which is a detailed step by step guide to fitting your mask to prevent leaks. When you get to the forum you can use the search tool to look for Mask Primer or look for one of his posts because the link is under his signature on some of his posts. My boyfriend and I used his instructions to set the mask straps correctly. It would be best if you had someone to help you but BonJour said he did it all by himself. Just remember when you tighten the straps only do so in tiny small increments so you do not get the straps too tight which will cause more leaks leading to more apneas. That night with my mask fitting correct according to his instructions my AHI dropped and my leak rate was minimal. Before fixing my mask I had many clusters of Apneas and a lot of leaks in the large leak range. I had been waking up with dents from the sides of the masks in my cheeks which would take 2 to 3 hours to go away because I had my mask way too tight and now there are no detailed mask stripes on my face. Hope this helps.

zonker

Re: Reaspironics Dreamwear Full Face mask causing apneas?

Post by zonker » Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:45 pm

Haley wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:29 pm
On the Apnea Board Forum there is a poster named BonJour that has written an instructional article titled Mask Primer which is a detailed step by step guide to fitting your mask to prevent leaks.
just so you know, BonJour is a member here, too. and i THINK he links that mask primer in his sig.
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg