SleepyHead Project Takeover Attempt by AB

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
palerider

Re: SleepyHead Project Undermining Attempt by AB

Post by palerider » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:54 am

jedimark wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:13 am
Well, you'll all be glad to know my piece of shit effort is shut down for good
http://jedimark.net/2019/02/08/sleepyhe ... -shutdown/
The only thing I'd be glad to know of is that you seek the mental health help that you so desperately need.

This very public meltdown proves it, without a shadow of a doubt.

I join Arie in pitying you, and the burden you place upon yourself.

I hope to see you, someday, healthy and happy and mentally stable.

Sleepyhead will live on, without you, and hopefully, someday, you'll rejoin the effort. You're a wizard at decoding unknown data streams.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

prodigyplace

Post by prodigyplace » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:09 am

jnk... wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:37 am
jedimark wrote:
. . . shut down . . . Thanks . . . support . . .
Mark,

The work you did stands. But all volunteers have to know when to modify the nature of their participation for reasons of health and well-being.

Children eventually move out of the parents' house, but the influence of the parents can continue to live on in the love they have shown and continue to show as they remain available as supportive consultants. There can be pain in that, sure. But there can also be joys whenever that door is kept open.

I don't know you, Mark. But thank you for what you have done for others in your life and for whatever you see your way clear to do for others in the future, too, sir.

Do take care of yourself.

-Jeff
Not really. The official download links are done.

Some people thought they needed a fork without doing a proper, legal fork & using a different name & logo. They abused Jedimark's property & "put a fork" in SH totally.

There was a particular person who needed 1.1 to show something on his speaking tours. He can now claim to have done something. He killed the best tool for managing CPAP therapy. He told me himself he needed SleepyHead due to his audience of 9000 people.

I saw people on AB who got incorrect information. rather than recognize that fact, they tried telling Mark how he really felt. Mark knows hie own feelings better than anybody else.

Please visit our sponsor, CPAP.com at https://www.cpap.com/ for all your CPAP needs.

babydinosnoreless

Post by babydinosnoreless » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:29 am

jedimark wrote:
Well, you'll all be glad to know my piece of shit effort is shut down for good
http://jedimark.net/2019/02/08/sleepyhe ... -shutdown/

Thanks for all the support
I am not a computer person and I can't pretend to understand all the graphs but thanks to to the people here using your software I am now sleeping through the night feeling better than I have in ages. Your program saved me and countless others when traditional medicine failed us. Thank you!

jpenn727

Post by jpenn727 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:35 am

I haven't gotten my first cpap machine yet, so I never downloaded the Windows version. I hope there will be a solution for me to get the installer.

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:36 am

prodigyplace wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:09 am
jnk... wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:37 am
jedimark wrote:
. . . shut down . . . Thanks . . . support . . .
Mark,

The work you did stands. But all volunteers have to know when to modify the nature of their participation for reasons of health and well-being.

Children eventually move out of the parents' house, but the influence of the parents can continue to live on in the love they have shown and continue to show as they remain available as supportive consultants. There can be pain in that, sure. But there can also be joys whenever that door is kept open.

I don't know you, Mark. But thank you for what you have done for others in your life and for whatever you see your way clear to do for others in the future, too, sir.

Do take care of yourself.

-Jeff
Not really. The official download links are done.

Some people thought they needed a fork without doing a proper, legal fork & using a different name & logo. They abused Jedimark's property & "put a fork" in SH totally.

There was a particular person who needed 1.1 to show something on his speaking tours. He can now claim to have done something. He killed the best tool for managing CPAP therapy. He told me himself he needed SleepyHead due to his audience of 9000 people.

I saw people on AB who got incorrect information. rather than recognize that fact, they tried telling Mark how he really felt. Mark knows hie own feelings better than anybody else.
Spoken like a true sycophant.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

prodigyplace

Post by prodigyplace » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:45 am

jpenn727 wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:35 am
I haven't gotten my first cpap machine yet, so I never downloaded the Windows version. I hope there will be a solution for me to get the installer.
I hope we can figure something out. I have the Windows installer, I think. From what I know I think the sources will stay out there so it could be built. I have been experimenting with that some.

I was definitely not happy about 1.0 getting nuked too. I was too busy this morning with a medical appointment to grab the installers before they disappeared.

I did some sleuthing. As of the time I checked, 1.0 is there but hidden.

Windows:
http://sleepyhead.jedimark.net/releases ... 160422.exe

MacOS:
http://sleepyhead.jedimark.net/releases ... 160421.dmg

Linux:
http://sleepyhead.jedimark.net/releases ... 04_x64.deb

Get them while you can!

Please visit our sponsor, CPAP.com at https://www.cpap.com/ for all your CPAP needs.

jedimark

Post by jedimark » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:55 am

All I was trying to do was legitimately defend my rights over the SleepyHead Project, which AB has no right to take over either morally or legally.

You don't get *ALL* MY RIGHTS when I release my code under the GPL3. I still retain full legal copyright, which gives me perks nobody else has like the ability to relicense any code I've written for instance, which is ~98% of SleepyHead. The plan I had for 2.0, was to do this an relicense LGPL or similar Qt Compatible license to allow for for closed source modules so SleepyHead can have had PROPER manufacturer support where no other way is possible to support the machine.

I may not be a fan of GPL3 lately, but I still freaking LOVE opensource and forks, and I'm not against ApneaBoard from having their own software derived from SleepyHead... just don't steal SleepyHeads name, and logo, copyrighted UI interface and completely undermine and take over the dev community that supported it. That's an utterly conniving, arsehole and despicable thing to do.

ApneaBoard is legit in breach of my copyright by doing what they are doing, and are simply trying to use the SleepyHead Project's identity as a tool to draw traffic.

If they want to fork, they can say there's is based on SleepyHead, they can't say it *IS* SleepyHead.

Additional Comments: CMS50D+/F Oximeter, S9 VPAP Auto/Adapt, PRS1 Auto, Intellipap Auto, SleepyHead :)
Author of the free, cross platform, open-source sleep tracking software SleepyHead.
Download http://sleepyhead.jedimark.net
Source Code http://gitlab.com/sleepyhead/sleepyhead-code

prodigyplace

Post by prodigyplace » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:58 am

jedimark wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:55 am
ApneaBoard is legit in breach of my copyright by doing what they are doing, and are simply trying to use the SleepyHead Project's identity as a tool to draw traffic.

If they want to fork, they can say there's is based on SleepyHead, they can't say it *IS* SleepyHead.
Agreed!

I tried to convince some of those people & was not successful.

I do not like us suffering by the removal of 1.0 though. Why penalize CPAPTalk??

jedimark

Post by jedimark » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:03 am

Additional Comments: CMS50D+/F Oximeter, S9 VPAP Auto/Adapt, PRS1 Auto, Intellipap Auto, SleepyHead :)
Author of the free, cross platform, open-source sleep tracking software SleepyHead.
Download http://sleepyhead.jedimark.net
Source Code http://gitlab.com/sleepyhead/sleepyhead-code

jnk...

Post by jnk... » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:10 am

If the CIA and big business have taught us nothing else, the best way to divide and conquer any grassroots efforts within rogue communities is to . . .

[Please send me $20 bucks now in order for me to finish that sentence.]

Sorry, gotta go check my myAir data from last night to see how I did, if I want to keep my Gold status with ResMed. I really don't wanna tick those people off so no bad things will happen to any of my projects.
-Jeff (AS10/P30i)

Accounts to put on the foe list: Me. I often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

prodigyplace

Post by prodigyplace » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:12 am

delete

Last edited by prodigyplace on Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

justvisiting

Post by justvisiting » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:13 am

honestly, what exactly is it that you want?

Did anyone release any kind of binary or software anywhere? What is on Apneaboard looks to me much like your 1.1 binaries you just released AGAIN.
So what is your point? ... people talking about fixing bugs that annoyed them and are considered minor or irrelevant by you - that really drives to you to the point of all this?

Or is it money? $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Good luck with your license-change of QT ... you would be the first who pulls it of to switch from GPL to LGPL license of QT. ... but maybe QT makes an exception

If it is just about the money: for christ sake charge anyone downloading from your server a couple of bucks ... or wait 1 few days for more donations coming in and then come back .. and repeat this shit in a couple of months.
For sure it is frustating seeing that everyone porfits from your work - except you ... grow up! Charge everyone too! No need to pull a stunt or a license change - anyone can sell GPL licensed software without any problem.

greatunclebill

Post by greatunclebill » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:27 am

Mark,
At risk of being labeled a sycophant or some other big word, thank you for all you and sleepyhead have done for me and countless other cpap users through out the years. Whatever way this sleepyhead road turns in the future, I wish the best for you and your family.
greatunclebill

please don't ask me to try nasal. i'm a full face person.
the avatar is Rocco, my Lhasa Apso. Number one "Bama fan. 18 championships and counting.
Life member VFW Post 4328 Alabama
MSgt USAF (E-7) medic Retired 1968-1990

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:31 am

justvisiting wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:13 am
honestly, what exactly is it that you want?

Did anyone release any kind of binary or software anywhere? What is on Apneaboard looks to me much like your 1.1 binaries you just released AGAIN.
So what is your point? ... people talking about fixing bugs that annoyed them and are considered minor or irrelevant by you - that really drives to you to the point of all this?

Or is it money? $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Good luck with your license-change of QT ... you would be the first who pulls it of to switch from GPL to LGPL license of QT. ... but maybe QT makes an exception

If it is just about the money: for christ sake charge anyone downloading from your server a couple of bucks ... or wait 1 few days for more donations coming in and then come back .. and repeat this shit in a couple of months.
For sure it is frustating seeing that everyone porfits from your work - except you ... grow up! Charge everyone too! No need to pull a stunt or a license change - anyone can sell GPL licensed software without any problem.
It's about *control* and not wanting anybody else in the sandbox.

D.H.

Post by D.H. » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:36 am

If the manufacturers are really trying to shut down SleepyHead, they're not acting in their own interest!

If patents can optimize their therapy, patients are more likely to be compliant, which means that the insurance will pay for the machine. Compliant patients will order replacement tubes, masks, filters, headgear, etc., and will eventually replace their machine. Also, successful patients will encourage others to get tested and be compliant (which means even more machines in use).

Last edited by D.H. on Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.