SleepyHead Project Takeover Attempt by AB

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
jedimark

Re: SleepyHead Project Undermining Attempt by AB

Post by jedimark » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:01 am

justvisiting wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:13 am
honestly, what exactly is it that you want?

Did anyone release any kind of binary or software anywhere? What is on Apneaboard looks to me much like your 1.1 binaries you just released AGAIN.
So what is your point? ... people talking about fixing bugs that annoyed them and are considered minor or irrelevant by you - that really drives to you to the point of all this?

Or is it money? $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Good luck with your license-change of QT ... you would be the first who pulls it of to switch from GPL to LGPL license of QT. ... but maybe QT makes an exception

If it is just about the money: for christ sake charge anyone downloading from your server a couple of bucks ... or wait 1 few days for more donations coming in and then come back .. and repeat this shit in a couple of months.
For sure it is frustating seeing that everyone porfits from your work - except you ... grow up! Charge everyone too! No need to pull a stunt or a license change - anyone can sell GPL licensed software without any problem.
I want ignorant AB shills like you to open your eyes and learn to read.

I never took any binaries down, I just temporarily put in a redirect to get my message across. I just showed people how to get to them while my server still works.

The license change was so I could give users MORE, and I yes, I CAN easily change it, to whatever I want in fact. It's wasn't hard purging 1% of code and starting again when I've written the other 99%. I've already done it... majority of the code needed rewriting anyway to suit the new database.

$$$? You idjit, this is about defending my intellectual property and copyrights which AB is disrespecting.

I repeat, AB can fork all they want.. Just they can't call their derivative version SleepyHead as the name, logo, and copyrighted UI interface is KIND OF ALREADY TAKEN BY MY PROJECT, otherwise I get to send big scary lawyers after them.

ApneaBoard does not own SleepyHead.

Additional Comments: CMS50D+/F Oximeter, S9 VPAP Auto/Adapt, PRS1 Auto, Intellipap Auto, SleepyHead :)
Author of the free, cross platform, open-source sleep tracking software SleepyHead.
Download http://sleepyhead.jedimark.net
Source Code http://gitlab.com/sleepyhead/sleepyhead-code

yrnkrn

Post by yrnkrn » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:02 am

SleepyHead greatly helped me optimizing treatment. I hope for a happy ending.

justvisiting

Re: SleepyHead Project Takeover Attempt by AB

Post by justvisiting » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:19 am

Grow up already ... I was not talking about YOUR license - I was talking about the license used of QT!
The world is not just you and your funny opinions. You are using the IP of QT and the company behind it. And the bigger part of SH is QT and NOT your code. Your binaries are the definition of a derivate work under any GPL or LGPL based license.

Once again: what was your whole point? Has anyone released any "derivate" work of SH at all? ... I am not from Apneaboard - I am not even signed up there otherwise I would post there and not here. But to me the downloads there are bitwise the same as the ones provided by you. (I just checked!)

I really feel you - trust me I do. What I don't get is: what exactly is your point? Someone mirroring your files? until yesterday on your download page was a very prominent "official mirror" and a big thanks to supersleeper.

All in all it looks very much to me that palerider nailed it. And I repeat: YOU are the one undermining - no I correct: DESTROYING - any community effort! Any effort to make the life of those miserable patient better who have not the luxury of choosing their machine!

cool down a bit and next time: let someone else do the posting or just DON'T if there is even a remote chance that it will go sideways.

/signing off ... drown yourself in your self created drama :!:

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:27 am

jedimark wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:01 am

I repeat, AB can fork all they want.. Just they can't call their derivative version SleepyHead as the name, logo, and copyrighted UI interface is KIND OF ALREADY TAKEN BY MY PROJECT, otherwise I get to send big scary lawyers after them.

Are you claiming you now own the derivative sheep clipart? You know, the one that's plastered all over the net?

justvisiting

Post by justvisiting » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:42 am

Dog Slobber wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:27 am
jedimark wrote:

Are you claiming you now own the derivative sheep clipart? You know, the one that's plastered all over the net?
http://clipart-library.com/clipart/pi7K6765T.htm that one? (note the: "License: Personal Use")
Wait. Bob is completely unique art - similarities are just coincidental. (I would assume bob is not the biggest obstacle! Most pictures from the devices are taken straight of the manufacturers website or the press kit for those)

Looks like IP only applies if it fits the needs of a certain someone. But most likely he is busy sending out C&D notices to everyone hosting a copy of his (unchanged) binaries.

jedimark

Post by jedimark » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:57 am

Dog Slobber wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:27 am
jedimark wrote:

the association of it with the project name..

Additional Comments: CMS50D+/F Oximeter, S9 VPAP Auto/Adapt, PRS1 Auto, Intellipap Auto, SleepyHead :)
Author of the free, cross platform, open-source sleep tracking software SleepyHead.

jedimark

Post by jedimark » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:07 pm

When I picked up the Sheep icon it was released as Creative Commons from a Creative Commons only website, I checked my source image license very carefully... it was modified by a forum member here on behalf of the SleepyHead project, which still puts it in the creative commons. copyright still applies on the modifications.

Use some logic for a moment though: If where I sourced the image turned out to be false information and I'm genuinely not licensed to use the clipart, then neither are you... and you still don't get to use the derivative.

SuperSleeper

Post by SuperSleeper » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:11 pm

jedimark wrote:

Of course Apnea Board does not own SleepyHead. You are stating the obvious. :roll:

Again Mark, I appreciate EVERYTHING you have done in the past to help sleep apnea patients world-wide. SleepyHead is without a doubt, the best software package in the world for sleep apnea patients to display their data in a way that is helpful and allows them to take control of their own therapy. In the past, you were an awesome coder and the result was a wonderful software package indeed.

My post on Apnea Board (linked above by palerider) reflects my thoughts and concerns on your recent (and your past) behavior in all this mess. It is the truth, and I sincerely hope you get professional help before you tear your entire life apart.

Your "legal threat" above is not valid, as ALL Apnea Board has done is 1) For the 1.0.0 files, we left up the files that YOU YOURSELF uploaded to our SleepFiles.com server using your FTP account. and 2) for the 1.1.0 files, we simply mirrored YOUR EXACT files that were hosted on YOUR OWN WEBSITE.

Apnea Board has in no way modified, altered, changed, added to or otherwise made any derivative of SleepyHead, nor do we have "our version" of SleepyHead. You are LYING yet again here Mark. No one can show me anywhere or any place where we've done such a thing. If there's a link to it somewhere, PLEASE POST THE LINK. You can't show me one, because it ONLY EXISTS IN YOUR MIND.

No one that I know of had any serious desire to create a fork of SleepyHead prior to you throwing a series of paranoid fits. But now, you've created a self-fulfilling prophecy, alienating just about everyone who ever helped you in the past, so that the people who help others now are talking about the necessity of creating a fork. That is squarely on YOU, Mark, NOT them.

I don't take kindly to your threats, Mark... If you want to send "big scary lawyers" after me, then BRING IT ON. The TRUTH will prevail in the end.

Most folks here at cpap-talk and at Apnea Board want only to HELP sleep apnea patients. That's what it's all about. While you're crashing and burning in a paranoid, delusional world of false conspiracy theories, the good folks at cpap-talk and Apnea Board WILL GO ON to continue helping people as best we can.

Now, you yourself have now created the need for someone, somewhere to fork SleepyHead-- mainly for one reason and one reason only: they no longer trust you to act in a reasonable, logical and sane manner. They're not going to trust one line of code you create, going forward.

It's really sad to see what you have become, Mark. You have brought this on all by yourself, single-handedly. :|

PLEASE GET PROFESSIONAL HELP, if not for yourself, then for those whom you love, before this spills over and destroys not only your life's work, but your family loved ones as well. As palerider and others have indicated, the ones who love you are NOT the "yes men" who heap nothing but flatteries upon you. The ones who love you are the ones who TELL YOU WHAT YOU NEED TO HEAR.
Last edited by SuperSleeper on Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

jedimark

Post by jedimark » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:19 pm

justvisiting wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:19 am
Grow up already ... I was not talking about YOUR license - I was talking about the license used of QT!
The world is not just you and your funny opinions. You are using the IP of QT and the company behind it. And the bigger part of SH is QT and NOT your code. Your binaries are the definition of a derivate work under any GPL or LGPL based license.
My god you keep talking shit... I can use LGPL with Qt... because Qt is LICENSED LGPL itself... I can totally LGPL sleepyhead and link with LGPL Qt.. No incompatibility moron. I can even link PROPRIETRY CODE against LGPL Qt, provided I'm not statically linking against it. As long as my code is GPL (or LGPL) I can statically link. And even then, it's still not a derivative. Read the Qt license.

Seriously, just shut up before you embarrass yourself any further troll.

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:20 pm

Let's step back and take an objective look here.

There's been *NO FORK* (yet, though after this spectacular meltdown, I'd be willing to bet there will be.)

Apneaboard had nothing to do with what's happened,

People on the sleepyhead discord development page talked about fixing up the code that Mark *abandoned*, since he'd, once again, cut off communication with the 'team'. (which is why we're still suffering with bugs from 1.0, three years later.)

This wasn't a FORK, it wasn't "taking control", and it wasn't Apneaboard.

Of course, Mark jealously guards letting anything out to the public... He jumped down my throat during the 1.0 development when I said "hey, do you want me to post something on cpaptalk about this testing version, so you can keep coding?" and the response was "NO! I RESERVE THAT PRIVILEGE FOR MYSELF!!!!!" So I knew there was going to be trouble when prodigyplace posted about the 'test' version last summer, and sure 'nuff... Mark 'went away' again.

Now that' there's been this huge 'breakup' with Apneaboard, and the "Wah wah, *foot stomp* I'm shutting things down"...

Well, I'll be hugely surprised if there ISN'T a fork, and a new, competing cpap machine data display program... whatever it's called.

And, maybe it'll get work done on it on a regular basis, not just every few years.... who knows?

Last edited by palerider on Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Get OSCAR

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:22 pm

SuperSleeper wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:11 pm
Hey, SS, welcome to the dark side... Zonker will no doubt be along shortly with the official welcome wagon.

Make yourself comfy, it's too bad you had to visit in such circumstances. :(

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

justvisiting

Post by justvisiting » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:33 pm

jedimark wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:19 pm
As long as my code is GPL (or LGPL) I can statically link.
No you can't under the LGPL ... read the fucking LGPL! It is not about you, it is about the user! The world rotates not about just you!
Stop your bullshit about what you know and what you don't. There clearly is more you don't!

You just have become upset with one mirror - and instead of asking to get your files removed or unlinked you wreak havoc. ... after month over month of going dark.

jedimark

Post by jedimark » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:38 pm

SuperSleeper wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:11 pm
Apnea Board has in no way modified, altered, changed, added to or otherwise made any derivative of SleepyHead, nor do we have "our version" of SleepyHead. You are LYING yet again here Mark. No one can show me anywhere or any place where we've done such a thing. If there's a link to it somewhere, PLEASE POST THE LINK. You can't show me one, because it ONLY EXISTS IN YOUR MIND.
When I go to YOUR website, and click on MY softwares name and Icon integrated right into YOUR WEBSITES TOOLBAR, on the page with the larger name of my software and it's mascot (you know, that links to the page with the slightly misleading donate button that links to ApneaBoard instead, and also doesn't give any indication it's not an official source), there's a link to the "newer" version that links to a thread which down the bottom of the first post states:

"Apnea Board assists development of the Sleepyhead software in a private forum area. If you have the ability to help in software development and testing, and especially if you are able to use tools like Hexinator to decipher machine code, please contact Pholnyk to request to be included in the forum discussions. The formation of a Release Committee to improve Version 1.1.0 is being discussed in this link Sleepyhead Version 1.1.0 Release"

Apnea Board doesn't assist development of Sleepyhead software in a private forum, you deleted that after your last little coup trying to take over SleepyHead.
You draw users over to Pholynk instead of me to help with the project, and mention a "Release Committee" which was entirely unauthorised.

See here: http://www.apneaboard.com/sleepyhead/

You are the one who is lying, SuperSleeper.

SuperSleeper

Post by SuperSleeper » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:39 pm

palerider wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:22 pm
Hey, SS, welcome to the dark side... Zonker will no doubt be along shortly with the official welcome wagon.
Make yourself comfy, it's too bad you had to visit in such circumstances. :(

Haven't heard from Zonk in a long time. Hope he's okay. :|

It really pains me to have to write what I did above. All this mess makes me sick to my stomach. :(
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:39 pm

jedimark wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:19 pm
My god you keep talking shit.. ...
Seriously, just shut up before you embarrass yourself any further troll.
An excellent example of what disagreeing with Mark gets you :)