Dreamstation GO

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
tapau

Dreamstation GO

Post by tapau » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:19 am

I'm looking to buy a travel CPAP. I wear Swift FX Nasal Pillow with Bella Loops.

I've already purchased and returned the HDM Z1. I had high hopes, the machine was quiet, until I put the started breathing. I could not sleep with the high pitched fan noise while breathing in.

Now I'm looking at getting the Dreamstation GO. Does anyone know if the fan on the Dreamstation GO also speeds up while breathing in?

Regards

heyslick

Re: Dreamstation GO

Post by heyslick » Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:20 pm

Following

zoomzoom

Post by zoomzoom » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:41 am

Also following

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:54 am

The fans on ALL CPAPs speed up when you breathe in, and they slow down when you breathe out.

If they didn't speed up and slow down, the pressure would drop some amount when you inhaled (which is bad) and would jump higher when you exhale (making it harder to exhale).

As you inhale, the machine's fan has to speed up to keep up with the increased airflow into your lungs.

The trick is to find one that's not noisy when it does it.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

dakuda

Post by dakuda » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:58 am

The DreamStation Go is so much quieter than the Transcend. I would imagine the Z1 and Transcend are similar in noise.

nbarday

Post by nbarday » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:57 am

There's also a heated humidifier which should help with noise as well. My setup arrived late last week and will report back.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:03 pm

I didn't even know the DreamStation Go heated humidifier had been released yet but apparently it has been.

https://www.cpap.com/productpage/respir ... humidifier

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Cardsfan

Post by Cardsfan » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:10 pm

My Dreamstation GO is slightly louder than my Resmed Airsense 10 Auto. Not a big difference though. The inhale and exhale noise is a little louder. But there is no whine noise. I got used to it quickly. I like the GO. I do not have the humidifier, since that just came out. I have the battery that is made for it so I used in on an overseas flight. It is bigger and heavier than some of the other travel machines.

Cardsfan

Post by Cardsfan » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:12 pm

Have you considered the REsmed Air mini? but that requires their own masks.

Danskman

Post by Danskman » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:39 pm

I got a Z1 several years ago but was never able to sleep with it because of the high pitched whine. Last October when I decided to get another travel cpap I was torn between the AirMini and the Go. Since I wouldn't be able to use my Swift FX with the AirMini I went with the Go.

I find the Go very quiet and convenient. The only problem was the lack of a humidifier but I found out (by chance) last week that Philips finally debuted it. I received mine on Monday and have been sleeping with it for the last 3 nights.

If these 3 nights are any indication I think I might use the Dreamstation Go not only for travel but also at home. It is small, sleek, has a USB plug to power my phone and it works really well.

CPAPSteve

Post by CPAPSteve » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:43 pm

Aww dang it! Dream station Go finally has a humidifier option? Where the heck was that in December when I needed it? I ended up buying an AirMini and while it is great to use while traveling that the DSGO is the go to machine for travel.

The humidifier seems rather large. I wonder if a dreamstation auto is much bigger.

Good on Philips to finally come out with one.

nbarday

Post by nbarday » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:42 pm

Yes, I posted at Apnea Board when it came out and was wondering why there wasn’t a bigger deal being made about it:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread ... humidifier

It only came out a few weeks ago. In fact when I bought it from Cheap CPAP supplies, I had to call to ask them to add it to the site. There’s also significant discount pricing if you buy it as a bundle with the xPAP.

nbarday

Post by nbarday » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:44 pm

CPAPSteve wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:43 pm
The humidifier seems rather large. I wonder if a dreamstation auto is much bigger.
It’s the same size as the battery, though with its sharp corners it doesn’t fit in the small case by itself, only the medium case with the Dreamstation Go.

SleepyGamer

Post by SleepyGamer » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:55 am

nbarday wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:44 pm
It’s the same size as the battery, though with its sharp corners it doesn’t fit in the small case by itself, only the medium case with the Dreamstation Go.
Have you personally confirmed/tested this? I am just looking for confirmation that someone has actually put the Go with humidifer in the medium case. Every site I've searched only mentions the battery and in pictures it's hard to tell if they are the exact same size when attached to the machine. Even the Philips Respironics site only mentions the battery for the medium case. I've been hoping they had thoughtful engineers designing it to make it like you described.

JBW@SJC

Post by JBW@SJC » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:41 pm

I just received the Humidifier and can confirm it fits with the Go in the medium case. Will post a complete review later today.