OT: constant cyber-harassment

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
jedimark

OT: constant cyber-harassment

Post by jedimark » Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:56 pm

I'm thoroughly fed up with paleriders constant cyber-stalking and harassment crap.
And Yes, I say this realizing I've done my fair share of sending it right back to sender. That's only because it's gotten ridiculously old.

I get the guy hates me and is still festering over my rejecting his "help" bossing me about with the SleepyHead project, but I literally cannot comment anywhere on CPAPtalk about SleepyHead project stuff without him feeling compelled to attack every single thing I say, and spreading absolute bullshit about me. It's utterly disgusting what he is doing to someone who's given so damn much to the whole Sleep Apnea community. I try to ignore him as much as possible, but it's downright impossible trying to have a rational conversation without him being a jerk and ruining it.

This BS is literally the primary reason why I pulled the plug on the SleepyHead, and also a huge part in why I've limited my forum activity in the first place. All he wants to do is stir up bullshit, twist my words and makes everything 1,000 times worse.

As CPAPTalk does not have a working block feature, active moderation, or appear to have any complaints resolution, I'm left feeling like I have little choice but to either leave this community (which sucks... I don't feel that's a fair option to have to consider), or otherwise take some form of legal action against palerider personally to make him stop harassing me.

I'm not asking, demanding or expecting Palerider to be booted, I just wish to make it publicly clear that I no longer wish to have any interaction with him, and I believe it's perfectly reasonable to expect him to respect my wishes.
I've contacted him privately "IRL" clearly expressing them too. If he wants to have a rational conversation there, I welcome it, if not, I'll block him there.

I would have liked to be able to have a decent conversation about the SleepyHead's legacy without his constant flood of harassment, but that's sadly become absolutely impossible here.

Mr Johnny Goodman, please... consider making foes feature outright BLOCK so we can self manage and have a better experience here. I'm all for free speech, but this is utterly ridiculous!

Additional Comments: CMS50D+/F Oximeter, S9 VPAP Auto/Adapt, PRS1 Auto, Intellipap Auto, SleepyHead :)
Author of the free, cross platform, open-source sleep tracking software SleepyHead.
Download http://sleepyhead.jedimark.net
Source Code http://gitlab.com/sleepyhead/sleepyhead-code

palerider

Re: OT: constant cyber-harassment

Post by palerider » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:22 pm

jedimark wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:56 pm
I'm thoroughly fed up with paleriders constant cyber-stalking and harassment crap.
YOU brought me into the conversation today:
jedimark wrote: (It's already pretty much guaranteed Palerider will totally be childish jerk about it, but his opinion doesn't count.)
Did you forget?
jedimark wrote:
And Yes, I say this realizing I've done my fair share
Of starting crap.
jedimark wrote:
I get the guy hates me
I pity you, but that doesn't mean you get to tell your twisted version of things without it being refuted, by me, by others.
jedimark wrote:
All he wants to do is stir up bullshit, twist my words and makes everything 1,000 times worse.
I haven't twisted anything you've said. Others can see that.
jedimark wrote:
I've contacted him privately "IRL" clearly expressing them too. If he wants to have a rational conversation there, I welcome it, if not, I'll block him there.
Just as an aside, folks, there's nothing in my emailbox from Mr Watkins. So, I don't know who he's contacted "IRL", but it wasn't me.
jedimark wrote:
I would have liked to be able to have a decent conversation about the SleepyHead's legacy without his constant flood of harassment, but that's sadly become absolutely impossible here.
You might start by not libeling me and others in your opener.
jedimark wrote:
I'm all for free speech, but this is utterly ridiculous!
Let's be honest, you're not for any speech but your own.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Julie

Post by Julie » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:24 pm

'
Last edited by Julie on Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SuperSleeper

Post by SuperSleeper » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:36 pm

Palerider is 100% CORRECT.

JediMark is a proven liar, deceiver and false accuser.

JediMark claims he has "absolute proof" "with screenshots" that Apnea Board in some way "stole SleepyHead" or somehow conspired or planned a "hostile takeover" of SleepyHead.

So, Watkins-- PUT UP OR SHUT UP-- POST THE PROOF that we did those things!

Oh, you can't? Oh you don't want to? Oh, you're "too good" to do that? Oh, you "don't want to waste your time? YEAH, right.

POST YOUR SCREENSHOTS that prove we did ANYTHING AT ALL close to what you claim.

You need to shut your lying mouth, sir.

You should THANK GOD that Apnea Board hasn't yet taken legal action against the libelous statements that you post on your website.

Keep it up buddy, you're digging your OWN grave.
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Julie

Post by Julie » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:56 pm

Last edited by Julie on Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.

jimbud

Post by jimbud » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:15 pm

Free speech means just what it says. If what is being said offends your sensibilities then ignore the thread. I wish it was all roses and warm feelings all around, but free speech means all speech not just sweet speech. I love this site. I hope it stays just as it is.
JPB

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:15 pm

KnightSleeper wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:04 pm
I'm only a newbie to this forum and have thoroughly enjoyed my interactions with the members of this forum. Everything always seems to be done in good spirit and in good faith with the main objective of helping each other with issues of sleep apnea.

I understand that the person in charge of this forum prefers "free speech" and so do I. But when things escalate as they have above, I think it's in the best interest of everyone to isolate those in disagreement so that peace and respect can be maintained here. Perhaps our moderator Pugsy can help in this regard...? :?:
She (most likely) did, and locked the previous thread which had veered *wildly* away from it's original point.

The point of this thread seems to be someone who can't figure out how to operate the 'foe' button... unless someone made me a moderator and didn't tell me :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: (you can't "foe" a moderator).

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

jedimark

Post by jedimark » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:36 pm

SuperSleeper wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:36 pm
Palerider is 100% CORRECT.

JediMark is a proven liar, deceiver and false accuser.

JediMark claims he has "absolute proof" "with screenshots" that Apnea Board in some way "stole SleepyHead" or somehow conspired or planned a "hostile takeover" of SleepyHead.

So, Watkins-- PUT UP OR SHUT UP-- POST THE PROOF that we did those things!

Oh, you can't? Oh you don't want to? Oh, you're "too good" to do that? Oh, you "don't want to waste your time? YEAH, right.

POST YOUR SCREENSHOTS that prove we did ANYTHING AT ALL close to what you claim.

You need to shut your lying mouth, sir.

You should THANK GOD that Apnea Board hasn't yet taken legal action against the libelous statements that you post on your website.

Keep it up buddy, you're digging your OWN grave.
SuperSleeper, the guy who posted hideous lying shit about my work ethic and mental health then immediately "nuke" banned me from ApneaBoard so I couldn't reply to defend myself is now asking for proof? :lol:

What are you trying to do dude? Gaslight me? I've already posted plenty of screenshots elsewhere... you've seen them and already done your best to try to cover it up.

You are the same person who last year after AB's last lame takeover attempt was ranting about SleepyHead translation coordinator's Arie Klerk's "false purity" and rubbishing him, calling him untrustworthy, and downright belittling me for me choosing him as 2IC because "you wouldn't have picked him"... I hadn't yet forwarded that yet to Arie... Thank you for reminding me to do that, he really deserves to know what you thought about him. (Despite our differences and falling out, I still find Arie a million times more trustworthy than you!)

You are also is the guy who put APNEABOARD donation links on the very page you were presenting to ApneaBoard forum users as an official SleepyHead download source.. (Oh, and I posted screenshots already, and you quickly removed the link after, remember? It's good to see you cleared up the confusion, but that doesn't change the fact you weren't exactly being "legit" in all this.)

You are also the guy who completely ignored for the entire time I made my complaints against ApneaBoard forum's, that SleepyHead download page POINTED TO THE VERY FREAKING POST showing how ApneaBoard formed a release committee which directly undermined SleepyHead project! It was written in SleepRiders hand, It's nice to see SleepRider stepped up and changed it... I've already posted screenshots elsewhere, you've already seen them.

Seriously... Up till recently, literally anyone could visit ApneaBoard forum, click on SleepyHead up the top menu, click on the link to the "Newest" version and be told about ApneaBoards blatant "committee" and how to get in on the takeover attempt.

People here on CPAPTalk today still point users to ApneaBoard's download page for SleepyHead official download source, when ApneaBoard only provided a mirror. Because of this, I have no real idea on user counts or anything, god forbid new SleepyHead users ever got to see THE official download page. :x

Later when I find some more time, I will put all these screenshots and emails up again on a jedimark.net post to remind everyone what bullshit you've been trying to pull the past few years.

But seriously quit your crap SuperSleeper, It's YOU who's been digging your own grave. Isn't it high time you go lie in it?

Additional Comments: CMS50D+/F Oximeter, S9 VPAP Auto/Adapt, PRS1 Auto, Intellipap Auto, SleepyHead :)
Author of the free, cross platform, open-source sleep tracking software SleepyHead.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:49 pm

jedimark wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:36 pm
People here on CPAPTalk today still point users to ApneaBoard's download page for SleepyHead official download source, when ApneaBoard only provided a mirror.
The links here only changed to apneaboard when it became clear that your "official" download source was unreliable, after your tantrum where you hid the download links from the world.

At least Apneaboard, no matter how much they may dislike cpaptalk, is *reliable*. :roll:

Also, "facts" and "truth" are not "hideous lying shit".

SuperSleeper

Post by SuperSleeper » Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:56 am

Go ahead and post whatever screenshots you want, Watkins. That's EXACTLY what I asked you to do. SHOW US THE PROOF.

I KNOW the TRUTH, sir, so the only thing you're trying to accomplish here is to muddy the waters with false claims of "conspiracy" and "takeover attempts" in an attempt to influence the members here who have no clue as to the level you'll go to in order to deceive those who are ignorant of your rabid paranoia. Those of us who know the TRUTH cannot be swayed by your ongoing crap-spewing and false accusations.

Arie already knows I didn't trust him back then, so go ahead and post whatever "screenshots" you have. Make sure they're not Photoshopped while you're at it-- That's easy enough to detect. I'm not afraid of the TRUTH one bit. You, however, should be VERY afraid to take this to a higher level of non-sense, because it's only going to come back and bite you. That's the nice thing about telling the TRUTH, Watkins-- if you tell the TRUTH, you don't have to spend hours and hours coming here and interjecting your blathering complaints of "abuse" into numerous threads here.

I'm not even going to counter all your crap that you posted above. I don't have to, because YOU are the one who is making false accusations and the BURDEN of PROOF is upon YOU, Watkins.

Again, PUT UP OR SHUT UP. Still waiting for those "big scary lawyers" that you promised to send my way, idiot. Oh, yeah, that was just you blowing smoke yet again. :roll:
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

SuperSleeper

Post by SuperSleeper » Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:30 am

What's with you Watkins? I just read your posts on other threads too. You keep mentioning the money & donations!

This is really all about the money with you, isn't it?

You can't get over the fact that Apnea Board put up a donation link to help defray the bandwidth costs of hosting YOUR FTP files (you know- the ones that YOU uploaded to OUR server with the FREE FTP account that I gave you). You complained about that, so I took down the link. God forbid that we should receive a few bucks to help defray the cost of hosting YOUR files! (Oh the horror!!!) :lol:

Why does it always come back to the MONEY with you, Watkins? It has been written, "The love of money is the root of all evil".

The problem here is that you QUIT working on SleepyHead. You got lazy. People got frustrated and tried to help you by fixing the code themselves, during the months and months of your absence.

You threw a fit and decided to SHUT DOWN the SleepyHead project completely.

And NOW, you WANT THE MONEY, eventhough you've quit DOING THE WORK.

THAT, Watkins, is why you are making false accusations, posting lies and being purposely deceitful here. You are doing EVIL deeds by making those false accusations, and the love of MONEY is the root of ALL evil. ALL evil is caused by the love of money! That's the FACT and your case is no exception.

MONEY, Mr. Watkins. THAT is your mantra, your motivation and what's causing your manipulative manner here.

EARNING money is not a bad thing at all, of course! But when you LOVE THE MONEY more than you love the PEOPLE whom you serve, THAT'S when you have a problem.

The sad thing is that when people get to the point you're currently at, they usually end up poor, wretched and miserable.

The sooner you see it, the better off you'll be... but it's got to be YOU who puts a stop to your own destructive behavior.
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:48 am

And Mr Watkins says I'm 'rude' to him....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:

SuperSleeper

Post by SuperSleeper » Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:57 am

I really hated to post that stuff, because I feel a once-great man has been ruined by the love of money.

That's the truly gut-wrenching part of all this for me. I saw what great things Mark accomplished, and he literally threw it all away for a few dollars.

I need to go to bed. :|
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:50 am

SuperSleeper wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:57 am
I really hated to post that stuff, because I feel a once-great man has been ruined by the love of money.

That's the truly gut-wrenching part of all this for me. I saw what great things Mark accomplished, and he literally threw it all away for a few dollars.

I need to go to bed. :|
There's the irrational control freak thing going on too, and that whole 'everybody is out to get me' thing.

Yes, he did a great thing, but he's also been it's worst enemy.

And, in all fairness, if he hadn't started spewing all that raving libelous twaddle all over everywhere... you'd never have said squat.

jedimark

Post by jedimark » Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:17 am

SuperSleeper wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:56 am
Go ahead and post whatever screenshots you want, Watkins. That's EXACTLY what I asked you to do. SHOW US THE PROOF.

I KNOW the TRUTH, sir, so the only thing you're trying to accomplish here is to muddy the waters with false claims of "conspiracy" and "takeover attempts" in an attempt to influence the members here who have no clue as to the level you'll go to in order to deceive those who are ignorant of your rabid paranoia. Those of us who know the TRUTH cannot be swayed by your ongoing crap-spewing and false accusations.

Arie already knows I didn't trust him back then, so go ahead and post whatever "screenshots" you have. Make sure they're not Photoshopped while you're at it-- That's easy enough to detect. I'm not afraid of the TRUTH one bit. You, however, should be VERY afraid to take this to a higher level of non-sense, because it's only going to come back and bite you. That's the nice thing about telling the TRUTH, Watkins-- if you tell the TRUTH, you don't have to spend hours and hours coming here and interjecting your blathering complaints of "abuse" into numerous threads here.

I'm not even going to counter all your crap that you posted above. I don't have to, because YOU are the one who is making false accusations and the BURDEN of PROOF is upon YOU, Watkins.

Again, PUT UP OR SHUT UP. Still waiting for those "big scary lawyers" that you promised to send my way, idiot. Oh, yeah, that was just you blowing smoke yet again. :roll:
You "sir", are death spiraling... and you wouldn't know the TRUTH if it bit you on the arse.

Burden of proof has already been met, I posted already and YOU YOURSELF LITERALLY CHANGED YOUR TUNE because of it... Are you seriously trying to gaslight YOURSELF too by denying it, or do you just have dementia? You yourself saw it on facebook and commented on it in this very forum... Go read what you wrote, unless you edited it already :lol:

I can't be bothered figuring out how image posting works again over here again to remind you right now, but later when I've got time I will put everything up on my server where it's much easier documenting this stuff, and no, I don't need to photoshop... you've provided enough entertainment with your own ridiculousness, and given me enough motivation to make sure it extra clear.

Funny, I must have touched a serious nerve on the donation button thing... Wow... what a response! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I never said it was wrong to have your button to cover server mirroring costs, it was just seriously misleading when that entire page was about SleepyHead and that was the only donation button you put there, despite you deliberately attempting to draw traffic away from official project servers. Any reasonable person would start asking serious questions about your intentions when they saw that.

And apply a little logic: If the traffic load Sleepyhead added to ApneaBoard servers was genuinely that high you needed a donation button to cover it, how many freaking people WERE you pointing away from SleepyHead's official project page?? If SleepyHead mirroring was putting such a heavy load and expense your server, why didn't you point users to SleepyHead's page so the automatic load balancing download scripts I wrote could shared the load with my server and other mirrors, plenty of others did offer! Why the hell were you offer mirroring in the first place? And on a more practical note, how the heck was I supposed to keep track of how many people were using SleepyHead on each platform so I can know where to focus my primary attention to help the most people?

But anyway, then you went and royally stepped in it again questioning my work ethics, this time you made the mistake doing it on a forum you have no control over. You don't have a leg to stand on that one. I worked my ass off. :x

You don't get to call me lazy... despite my health and resources limitations, I put an immense amount of effort into creating what you couldn't have achieved even in your dreams. If you had the balls to come out from your pathetic anonymity and call me lazy to my face, do you seriously think I'd let you get away with it? Sit the hell down old man, before you have a heart attack!

Keep your assumptions in check, I didn't quit until February.. I've got a freaking awesome codebase to show for all my work last year, it didn't move as fast as I wanted it to, but it's still freaking good, and you ain't getting your grubby hands on it. The constant stream of hate I'm getting here is almost starting to motivating enough to wanna see it through to completion just to spite you arseholes. What your doing is going to backfire really badly.

Accusing a guy of "love of money" and greed who's quite literally volunteered a million bucks worth of labour to an OpenSource project on behalf of YOU and others in need is utterly laughable. Keep your delusions in check old man.
I'm sorry comrade, SleepyHead was not a communist project. It was a kindness of mine that you belittled and made repeated attempts to gain control of.

By the way, speaking of lawyers, I wonder if CPAP manufacturers know that you've been hosting pirated commercial software of theirs on your SleepFiles.com server for years?
You have absolutely no respect for software creators... it would be utterly hilarious if one of them raked you over the coals for it.