Rumors?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
i_am_jim

Re: Rumors?

Post by i_am_jim » Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:44 pm

ChicagoGranny wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:39 pm
I bought an extra S9 machine because they are so good. No regrets.
I hate it. From my perspective it is the most user unfriendly machine anyone could design.
ResMed airsense10 w/integrated Humidifier
ResMed Mirage Swift Lt Pillow System

Janknitz

Post by Janknitz » Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:59 pm

FWIW, you won't be disappointed in the current ResMed line. I'm not sure what could be improved. It's quiet, it has all the bells and whistles, works great, plenty of useful data (if you get the right model). So even if you are stuck with it for a while, you should be well-satisfied. Leave the "have to have the latest and greatest" to mobile phones and computers. For OSA, you just need a good machine that works.
What you need to know before you meet your DME http://tinyurl.com/2arffqx
Taming the Mirage Quattro http://tinyurl.com/2ft3lh8
Swift FX Fitting Guide http://tinyurl.com/22ur9ts
Don't Pay that Upcharge! http://tinyurl.com/2ck48rm

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:59 pm

Actually, the S9 Autoset is waaaay better than some of the alternatives.
What did you not like about it?

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:21 pm

i_am_jim wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:44 pm
ChicagoGranny wrote:
I hate it. From my perspective it is the most user unfriendly machine anyone could design.
I couldn't disagree more....Basically the S9 and Airsense 10 are very similar. When the Airsense came out there were hardly any innovations. They looked different. I like the S9 better than the Airsense..it is a sturdier machine and easier to use without the humidifier. I have already purchased another S9 for when my current machine expires. I assume that when the Airsense replacement comes out there again will be few improvements.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:31 pm

i_am_jim wrote:
What kind of problems are you having? What are your expectations?

I just connect the hose at bedtime, the machine autostarts and I sleep all night. The next morning I look the display to see what my AHI was. It's almost always around 1.0.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:39 pm

i_am_jim wrote:
ChicagoGranny wrote:
So you would REWARD THEM, by buying another XPAP from them! That's the last way I do business. :roll: Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

i_am_jim

Post by i_am_jim » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:50 pm

Wow! I didn't expect my opinion to upset people.

This is my second CPAP and the best one I've had, hands down. I use it when traveling and am using it now because the S9 has failed. The hose comes off the front like sensible people would put it and the water chamber is easy to fill and know how full you've got it.

Untitled-1.jpg
Untitled-1.jpg (72.72 KiB) Viewed 926 times

The reasons I don't the S9 the are its opposite characteristics to the above unit. It's a bi..h to pour water into that little hole and peering down into it I never know how full it is and thus I often over fill it requiring a get a towel and wait 'til it blows off all the overfill.

CPAP.jpg
CPAP.jpg (35.57 KiB) Viewed 926 times

As for why I'd like to wait 'til the next generation -- it isn't bells and whistles, I keep hoping they will come to their senses about the hose connection. For why I stay with them 1) my wife likes how quiet they are, 2) and their basic performance is excellent, independent of their godawful human engineering.

I hope that answers the questions. Oh FYI, you're the best looking granny I've ever seen, and I'm not running for office.
Last edited by i_am_jim on Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ResMed airsense10 w/integrated Humidifier
ResMed Mirage Swift Lt Pillow System

Jack Burton

Post by Jack Burton » Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:40 pm

Great Album!
i_am_jim wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:50 pm
The hose comes off the front like sensible people would put it and the water chamber is easy to fill and know how full you've got it.
I see your point.

Captain_Midnight

Post by Captain_Midnight » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:58 pm

Perhaps some perspective might help.

I was a happy PR (nee Respironics) papper for over a decade, and over several machines. Then, changing from my previous insurance to Medicare, I found myself getting an Airsense 10.

I do love it, even more than my previous PR machines (which were just fine).

Bottom line, if my Airsense 10 failed this evening, I would order a new one tomorrow.

Many different folks have different experiences with different machines. All evals are important in your DD.

Good luck in your decision.

Steve of Cornubia

Post by Steve of Cornubia » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:07 pm

Back in the early 80s I was working for a UK scientific instrument company. A delegation from overseas arrived, representing our biggest customer, which was there to sign our biggest deal yet. I think it was for around one hundred instruments, which was more than tripe the largest single sale up to that time.

All went well until a naive test engineer mentioned to them that he was on the team that was redesigning our product range to move from Apple computers to IBM PCs.

Bam. Order cancelled, "We'll wait till the PC version is available." :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Wut?

To say there was major panic would be a massive understatement, not least because that deal had been under negotiation for over two years and the bean counters had already factored in the necessary production (and revenue) over two and a half years ...

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:53 pm

Most things in Life are Trade-offs, Unless You are blessed with the ability to do everything yourself, but then you wouldn't have anyone else to lay the blame on. :lol: Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

seattlepap

Post by seattlepap » Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:09 pm

These are medical devices. The company can't comment on new products or features. They could have what they sell pulled from the market.

That's a risk for you. The S9 isn't bad. I'd figure out what the difference is and see if it is worth it to you.

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:32 am

i_am_jim wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:07 pm
When I got my ResMed Autoset 9 machine, ResMed came out with the Airsense 10 model 2-3 months later. My unit has failed and I must get a new one. But, the ResMed Airsense 10 Machine is now 5 years old and it would really chap me if, again, in a few months they come out with a new model and I'm again stuck for years with an older model, so my question is:

Has anyone heard rumors of a new ResMed Airsense Machine being released in the upcoming months?
Please buy a new autoset so that Resmed will come out with a new machine.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:37 am

i_am_jim wrote:
Craigslist thew away and ad I posted to sell an oxygen concentrator, saying it is illegal to for individuals to sell medical equipment that requires a prescription
Strange... the last *two* oxygen concentrators I bought were off craigslist ads.

I stopped counting at 60 on the Dallas Craigslist.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Sheriff Buford

Post by Sheriff Buford » Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:34 am

I'm like Granny.... I think the S9 was an excellent machine. I have used both the S9 and Airsense, and I'd take the S9 any day of the week. Er... Granny, I don't look like you.... I mean I agree with you.... lets not go there..... :mrgreen:

Sheriff