Question regarding Sleepyhead Daily...

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Greentree

Question regarding Sleepyhead Daily...

Post by Greentree » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:03 am

I would like to know if the tiny, red numbers you can see when you hover over an individual daily chart event is indicative of the number of seconds that you aren't breathing?

ChicagoGranny

Re: Question regarding Sleepyhead Daily...

Post by ChicagoGranny » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:16 am

Greentree wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:03 am
I would like to know if the tiny, red numbers you can see when you hover over an individual daily chart event is indicative of the number of seconds that you aren't breathing?
Look on the left side of the screen, and click on the Events tab. You will see lists of the events including the length of each event. If you click on an individual event it will zoom in on the event in the flow chart. I know that doesn't answer your question, but it is a neat tool for analysis.

Greentree

Post by Greentree » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:42 am

ChicagoGranny wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:16 am
Greentree wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:03 am
Look on the left side of the screen, and click on the Events tab. You will see lists of the events including the length of each event. If you click on an individual event it will zoom in on the event in the flow chart. I know that doesn't answer your question, but it is a neat tool for analysis.
You are right...a very neat tool for analysis. Thank you!

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:18 pm

For reasons I don't understand Hypopneas (H) are always reported as 10 seconds.

Not sure, but I believe Unclassified Apneas (UA) ar also always reports as 10 seconds. I don't have enough of them to verify.

Greentree

Post by Greentree » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:55 pm

Dog Slobber wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:18 pm

Not sure, but I believe Unclassified Apneas (UA) ar also always reports as 10 seconds. I don't have enough of them to verify.
Thanks, Dogslobber. That is a mystery to me too. Maybe someone will come along and enlighten us both.

jedimark

Post by jedimark » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:53 pm

In the case of ResMed machines like you are using, for (Edit: for CA & OA events, DogSlobbers right on H's being weird, who knows what ResMed means by durations on those) they are durations in seconds.

Just a reference for those with Philips Respironics machines, unfortunately we don't yet exactly know how the event data fields correlate to event durations, so you need to turn on Custom CPAP User Event Flagging and the Resync machine detected events to try and detect the real event durations. (This only works when Flow Waveform is present, and only for Hypopneas, Clear Airways and Obstructive events, and doesn't catch them all... I never had enough time left over to work on my waveform processing code.)

Additional Comments: CMS50D+/F Oximeter, S9 VPAP Auto/Adapt, PRS1 Auto, Intellipap Auto, SleepyHead :)
Author of the free, cross platform, open-source sleep tracking software SleepyHead.
Download http://sleepyhead.jedimark.net
Source Code http://gitlab.com/sleepyhead/sleepyhead-code

Greentree

Post by Greentree » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:14 pm

jedimark wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:53 pm
In the case of ResMed machines like you are using, for (Edit: for CA & OA events, DogSlobbers right on H's being weird, who knows what ResMed means by durations on those) they are durations in seconds.

Just a reference for those with Philips Respironics machines, unfortunately we don't yet exactly know how the event data fields correlate to event durations, so you need to turn on Custom CPAP User Event Flagging and the Resync machine detected events to try and detect the real event durations. (This only works when Flow Waveform is present, and only for Hypopneas, Clear Airways and Obstructive events, and doesn't catch them all... I never had enough time left over to work on my waveform processing code.)
Thanks, JediMark, Great to hear from the author of this wonderful software. I am very impressed with it and have learned so much more about apnea in general by utilizing Sleepyhead. Thank you for helping so many people!

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:56 pm

Dog Slobber wrote:
Are you using a ResMed machine?

This is using ResMed machine -
hypopnea.JPG

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:07 pm

ChicagoGranny wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:56 pm
Dog Slobber wrote:

hypopnea.JPG
From near as I can tell ResMed changed hyponea duration reporting with the AirSense 10 models....all hyponeas are 10 seconds no matter how long they are.
When I was using the S9 model I got actual duration in seconds like you do...but now that I am using the AirSense model every single hyponea I ever have flagged is exactly 10 seconds...and ResScan shows no duration at all. I think that it's just how they get reported now.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:36 pm

ChicagoGranny wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:56 pm
Dog Slobber wrote:

hypopnea.JPG
Yup ResMed AS 10 AutoSet for Her

Every Hypopnea presented is 10 seconds. In both SH 1.0.0 and SH 1.1.0
H_10.jpg
From near as I can tell ResMed changed hyponea duration reporting with the AirSense 10 models....all hyponeas are 10 seconds no matter how long they are.
Glad to know it's a AirSense 10 v S9 thing.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:42 am

While we are on SH, the Overview graphs, which once worked well, quit working for me. I uninstalled SH and then installed it again using the link in Pugsy's tutorial (v1.0.0-beta-2). The Overview graphs still don't work. :?: :?:

jimbud

Post by jimbud » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:55 am

jimbud writes:
ChicagoGranny wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:42 am
While we are on SH, the Overview graphs, which once worked well, quit working for me. I uninstalled SH and then installed it again using the link in Pugsy's tutorial (v1.0.0-beta-2). The Overview graphs still don't work. :?: :?:
Same thing happened to me about a month ago. After a few days they came back and are there for now. Buggy? JPB

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:13 pm

jimbud wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:55 am
Same thing happened to me about a month ago. After a few days they came back and are there for now. Buggy?
At least you have an excellent avatar. :lol: :lol:

jimbud

Post by jimbud » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:17 pm

jimbud writes:
ChicagoGranny wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:13 pm
jimbud wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:55 am
Same thing happened to me about a month ago. After a few days they came back and are there for now. Buggy?
At least you have an excellent avatar. :lol: :lol:
Thank you. I think? :D
JPB