Resmed Mirage Activa Replacement

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
pratzert

Resmed Mirage Activa Replacement

Post by pratzert » Sun May 12, 2019 8:55 pm

Hi All.

I have been using the Resmed Mirage Activa for 13 years ow and was told that Resmed has discontinued that mask.

I have sent an email to Resmed to try to verify that info to be sure the DME is not lying to me about the mask being discontinued.

If it's true I ill need to find a new mask to use.

Has anyone made the switch from the Activa to something else similar to it?

I know there is an Activa "LT" but don't know how closely it resembles the original Activa.

Thanks !

big_dave

Re: Resmed Mirage Activa Replacement

Post by big_dave » Sun May 12, 2019 10:41 pm

The DME is telling the truth. The Activa has been removed from ResMed's website. It's still available on the cpap.com website, marked down to $69.00, although I suspect it's marked down because they're trying to clear their inventory.

The Activa LT is very similar to the Activa. The main difference is, the Activa LT has a knob to allow finer adjustment of the forehead support. I used the Activa for several years before switching to the Pilairo Q. The Activa and the Activa LT feel very similar on your face.

babydinosnoreless

Post by babydinosnoreless » Sun May 12, 2019 11:21 pm

Don't know if you saw this thread?

viewtopic/t155971/ResMed-Mirage-Activa- ... inued.html

It said :

"The Notice went on to instruct the DME to "Please see the chart below for alternative mask options for your patients."

One of those options was the Mirage Activa LT - which is the mask I am using.
The other 2 alternatives provided by ResMed were the Mirage FX & the AirFit N20"

I use the airfit N-20. I really like it.

pratzert

Post by pratzert » Mon May 13, 2019 6:56 am

big_dave wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 10:41 pm
The DME is telling the truth. The Activa has been removed from ResMed's website. It's still available on the cpap.com website, marked down to $69.00, although I suspect it's marked down because they're trying to clear their inventory.

The Activa LT is very similar to the Activa. The main difference is, the Activa LT has a knob to allow finer adjustment of the forehead support. I used the Activa for several years before switching to the Pilairo Q. The Activa and the Activa LT feel very similar on your face.
big_dave,

Thanks for the confirmation about the Activa.

I think I will set up a meeting with the RT at the DME's office to try out a couple of masks, and will be sure to try out the Activa LT.

Regards.

pratzert

Post by pratzert » Mon May 13, 2019 7:00 am

babydinosnoreless wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 11:21 pm
Don't know if you saw this thread?

viewtopic/t155971/ResMed-Mirage-Activa- ... inued.html

It said :

"The Notice went on to instruct the DME to "Please see the chart below for alternative mask options for your patients."

One of those options was the Mirage Activa LT - which is the mask I am using.
The other 2 alternatives provided by ResMed were the Mirage FX & the AirFit N20"

I use the airfit N-20. I really like it.
Hi babydinosnoresless,

Thanks for the link to that post.

It's such a shame we have to be so suspicious and wary of anything the DME's tell us.

We shouldn't have to investigate everything they claim, but unfortunately, we do.

I will definitely try out the Activa LT.

It looks like some of the parts may be interchangeable with the regular Activa mask too.

I have a few extra cushions I can use if they fit.

Thanks again !

hobbs

Post by hobbs » Mon May 13, 2019 9:00 am

Used a Activa for years switched to the Activa LT and this is my new favorite mash; https://www.resmed.com/us/en/consumer/p ... t-n20.html

herefishy

Post by herefishy » Mon May 13, 2019 3:10 pm

hobbs, what was wrong with the LT?

hobbs

Post by hobbs » Mon May 13, 2019 3:50 pm

herefishy wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 3:10 pm
hobbs, what was wrong with the LT?
Nothing. Just like the N20 better; smaller and more comfortable too.

babydinosnoreless

Post by babydinosnoreless » Mon May 13, 2019 4:28 pm

With the N-20 there is no plastic parts on the forehead. If your like me and bury your face in your pillow that is a big plus. :lol:

herefishy

Post by herefishy » Tue May 14, 2019 2:24 pm

Thought I would give up on anything better than the LT, but guess I better try the N20 - thanks for posting.

hobbs

Post by hobbs » Tue May 14, 2019 5:37 pm

Let us know how you like it.

pratzert

Post by pratzert » Tue May 28, 2019 12:58 pm

Hi All.

Thanks fro all the input/replies.

The DME has suggested I look at the following as a replacement to the Activa that has been discontinued:

QUOTE:"RESMED AIRFIT SERIES: ​ ​ N30i ​ ​ ​ ​the newest mask with the least amount of material on your face . ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​
​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ N10 and N20 are two other nasal masks in that series which are more like the standard nasal masks.

RESPIRONICS: ​ ​ DREAMWEAR ​ NASAL ​ ​the Respironics version of RESMED’s ​ ​ N30i
​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ COMFORT GEL BLUE ​ ​ ​ ​ one of the last “classic” nasal masks and we do still have access to that mask. ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​

The DreamWear and the AirFit series both have the ability to be used as a nasal mask system, pillow and/or full face system using the same frame and headgear. The interfaces are interchangeable. ":UNQUOTE

So that N20 is one of their suggestions.

I am going to look at the numbers of "Stars" they get on the CPAP.Com site to get an idea of popularity too.

I still want to think about the Activa "LT" as well.

babydinosnoreless

Post by babydinosnoreless » Tue May 28, 2019 1:29 pm

pratzert wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 12:58 pm
Hi All.

Thanks fro all the input/replies.

The DME has suggested I look at the following as a replacement to the Activa that has been discontinued:

QUOTE:"RESMED AIRFIT SERIES: ​ ​ N30i ​ ​ ​ ​the newest mask with the least amount of material on your face . ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​
​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ N10 and N20 are two other nasal masks in that series which are more like the standard nasal masks.

RESPIRONICS: ​ ​ DREAMWEAR ​ NASAL ​ ​the Respironics version of RESMED’s ​ ​ N30i
​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ COMFORT GEL BLUE ​ ​ ​ ​ one of the last “classic” nasal masks and we do still have access to that mask. ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​

The DreamWear and the AirFit series both have the ability to be used as a nasal mask system, pillow and/or full face system using the same frame and headgear. The interfaces are interchangeable. ":UNQUOTE

So that N20 is one of their suggestions.

I am going to look at the numbers of "Stars" they get on the CPAP.Com site to get an idea of popularity too.

I still want to think about the Activa "LT" as well.
With the Dream wear the air comes down inside the frame of the mask to the cushion. It is my backup mask but I feel very darth vaderish when I wear it because I hear the sound of my own breathing. I only mention it because the noise bothers some people. It is very comfortable tho and it is nice if you flip around a lot, the hose is off the top of your head. I'm a girl and my hair tangles in the connector somewhat, which is why its my backup and not my go to mask. Be aware that to switch between the nasal and the full face, it is a different headgear. The frame is the same though.

pratzert

Post by pratzert » Wed May 29, 2019 8:32 am

Thank you babydino....

I am leaning towards trying the Airfit N20.... OR... the Activa LT.

I have a 30 day window to return it if I don't care for either one of those.

Thanks again.

pratzert

Post by pratzert » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:25 pm

pratzert wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 8:32 am
Thank you babydino....

I am leaning towards trying the Airfit N20.... OR... the Activa LT.

I have a 30 day window to return it if I don't care for either one of those.

Thanks again.
Hi All. I just wanted to report back that I went with the Airfit N20.

It felt strange at first, since it is so different from the Activa mask.

But I am getting used to it.

I think in 6 months, when I am due for another mask, I will try the Dreamwear Nasal as it seems many people like it.