capnloki - I hear that you're the battery expert!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
laprof

capnloki - I hear that you're the battery expert!

Post by laprof » Thu May 30, 2019 10:42 am

capnloki, I need to buy a battery for my Resmed 10 airsense, but just found out that batteries are not covered by insurance - yikes! I will be away from July to mid-October at a place that has some pretty "interesting" thunderstorms and, consequently, power outages, so I need some battery back up. What would you suggest as a good battery for my machine? I've looked online and get a LOT of positive remarks, then negative ones, for the same battery, so am thoroughly confused. I don't want to spend $$ only to find out I've bought the wrong one. Help, please? Thank you.

Chris8243

Re: capnloki - I hear that you're the battery expert!

Post by Chris8243 » Thu May 30, 2019 10:59 am

I'm sure he will reply, but you can also search (box at top of page) for "batteries" and "camping" and also his name. It's a question asked fairly often so there are many posts about it, I know there are some recent ones also, so if you scroll down the page, that's another way to find everyone's posts.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Thu May 30, 2019 11:10 am

laprof wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 10:42 am
battery

Here is the battery thread - viewtopic/t114012/Choosing-a-Battery.html

Hopeful50

Post by Hopeful50 » Thu May 30, 2019 11:44 am

While you're waiting for the expert, this is what I recently purchased after reading about it on this forum:
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07 ... UTF8&psc=1

I don't use humidity or the heated hose, but this battery gives me more than 5 nights on one charge - about 45 hours total, with a pressure setting of 14-20. Far, far better than the Freedom Travel Battery I used previously, which only gave me about 12-13 hours.

laprof

Post by laprof » Thu May 30, 2019 11:52 am

Thank you, ChicagoGranny!

laprof

Post by laprof » Thu May 30, 2019 11:55 am

Hopeful50, Thank you! I checked it out online, but it can't be used on planes. I'll be doing some very long distance flying next year, so will want to be able to use a battery. I really appreciate that you took the time to post, however. Best.