Online Shop recommendations?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
SleepySwiss

Online Shop recommendations?

Post by SleepySwiss » Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:25 am

I posted a little while ago about my issues with the Dreamstation not seeming to react to my disturbances. I got very helpful advice from Palerider, zonker and others. I set my base pressure from 6 to 8 and dropped about 0.5AHI. But looking at my charts, the Dreamstation simply seems to be not reacting fast enough. Resmed Airsense 10 is universally agreed to have faster reaction time.
My insurance will not pay for a new machine since it has not yet been even three years. So I'll buy it myself. The local hospital and vendors are all 50-100% above what I see online. But then online you never know what you get. Any good recommendations?
I apologize should I infringe on board policy by asking this question, just thought I got some awesome advice before...

palerider

Re: Online Shop recommendations?

Post by palerider » Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:00 am

SleepySwiss wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:25 am
I posted a little while ago about my issues with the Dreamstation not seeming to react to my disturbances. I got very helpful advice from Palerider, zonker and others. I set my base pressure from 6 to 8 and dropped about 0.5AHI. But looking at my charts, the Dreamstation simply seems to be not reacting fast enough. Resmed Airsense 10 is universally agreed to have faster reaction time.
My insurance will not pay for a new machine since it has not yet been even three years. So I'll buy it myself. The local hospital and vendors are all 50-100% above what I see online. But then online you never know what you get. Any good recommendations?
I apologize should I infringe on board policy by asking this question, just thought I got some awesome advice before...
This board is provided by cpap.com. you can toss 'em some of your money if you want.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Sheriff Buford

Post by Sheriff Buford » Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:21 am

The Resmed machines have a 9 second delay in their response. This response delay is for coughs, yawns, ect… So... I assume you are referring to the reaction time the machine takes once it decides it's an event occurring.

Sheriff

Barbee

Post by Barbee » Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:26 am

SleepySwiss wrote:
I bought a used, low hour machine from LSAT here on the board. And I have bought several items from cpap.com. Id give either a high recommendation.

SleepySwiss

Post by SleepySwiss » Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:02 am

Sheriff Buford wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:21 am
The Resmed machines have a 9 second delay in their response. This response delay is for coughs, yawns, ect… So... I assume you are referring to the reaction time the machine takes once it decides it's an event occurring.

Sheriff
Thanks, Sheriff. I think this is exactly what I am referring to. Below is a pic from last night. It seems to me that dreamstation ignores many events, but does react if there is a double. I understand (maybe mistakenly?) that resmed would catch these and change pressure more frequently.

Attachments
2019-07-02_7-57-52.jpg
2019-07-02_7-57-52.jpg (756.84 KiB) Viewed 498 times

zonker

Post by zonker » Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:53 am

SleepySwiss wrote:
I posted a little while ago about my issues with the Dreamstation not seeming to react to my disturbances. I got very helpful advice from Palerider, zonker and others.

meerkat.gif

hat-tip.gif
palerider said it, but i'll repeat it, as it helps the bots pick up on it-

https://www.cpap.com/
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg