William Shatner the new face of "NoClean" just saw another commercial... sigh.

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
palerider

Re: William Shatner the new face of "NoClean" just saw another commercial... sigh.

Post by palerider » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:33 pm

SnoringInOregon wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:10 am
Rhinoooo wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:15 pm
William Shatner is worth $100 million dollars why would he want people to believe he is too old or too stupid to realize he needs to clean his CPAP machine after 10 years of using it?
Bill has come a long way since, after Star Trek ended, the only work he could get was Promise Margarine commercials.
Maybe you forgot Boston Legal? S*it My Dad Says?

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

SnoringInOregon

Re: William Shatner the new face of "NoClean" just saw another commercial... sigh.

Post by SnoringInOregon » Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:45 am

palerider wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:33 pm
SnoringInOregon wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:10 am
Rhinoooo wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:15 pm
William Shatner is worth $100 million dollars why would he want people to believe he is too old or too stupid to realize he needs to clean his CPAP machine after 10 years of using it?
Bill has come a long way since, after Star Trek ended, the only work he could get was Promise Margarine commercials.
Maybe you forgot Boston Legal? S*it My Dad Says?
I guess I didn't really explain myself too well. Shatner has been in many shows. Another one that comes to mind is T. J. Hooker, the show with Heather Locklear.

I meant to say that he has come a long way since "that period", a humbling time for him, right after Star Trek ended and before any Star Trek movies. Poverty sucks, and I suppose that's why he's still out there hustling, where most people would have retired (or at least become more selective in the roles they take).

From Wikipedia: After the cancellation of Star Trek in early 1969, Shatner experienced difficulty in finding work in the early 1970s, having become somewhat typecast from his role as Kirk. With very little money and few acting prospects, Shatner lost his home and lived in a truck-bed camper in the San Fernando Valley until small roles turned into higher-paying jobs. Shatner refers to this part of his life as "that period", a humbling time during which he would take any odd job, including small party appearances, to support his family.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Shatner#1970s

Here's a 1974 Promise Margarine commercial. I'm not quite sure what's on Shatner's head, but it might not be his own hair: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3wf717fKFE

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:54 am

IMO, it's not the money, but the exposure he "needs".
Sad to be a HAS-BEEN performer, reduced to a medicine show monkey,
Just because he craves that close-up enough to sell his soul for it.

PaulKTF

Post by PaulKTF » Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:31 am

Still more dignified than Star Trek V.

-Paul.

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:58 am

I still prefer any iteration of Star Trek over those smarmy commercials.
In fact, I prefer HAVING MY TEETH CLEANED!
(Or even a colonoscopy)

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:21 pm

When Spock said to Kirk."Live Long and Prosper, He had no idea Jim would stoop to doing No-Clean Scam Ad's! :cry: Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

kbh209

Post by kbh209 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:18 pm

I'm surprised Hasbro and DHX (the latter being a subsidiary of NBC) didn't pay Shatner enough money for his humble role in an episode of MLP: Friendship is Magic. But there you go, he had to do the smarmy commercial.
Phillips Dreamstation 2 Auto CPAP with Humidifier **

prodigyplace

Post by prodigyplace » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:38 am

I think he had trouble finding something worse than those Priceline commercials. He found something worse.

Please visit our sponsor, CPAP.com at https://www.cpap.com/ for all your CPAP needs.

edatlanta

Post by edatlanta » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:37 am

Clean?

What does that word mean? To me clean means no dirt or other contaminant such as food particles, dust, fingerprints (we all know we wash our hands before handling our mask), or just touching our face. I'm not talking about bacteria, I'm talking about just plane "dirt" that we all live with on a daily basis.

I would agree that a high enough concentration of ozone for a long enough period of time can kill bacteria, but to "clean" the mask? No way. The crud is still there and may or may not be any more sanitary that before using the SoClean, but it definitely hasn't been cleaned.

Regardless, I don't want an ozone generator inside my house ever.

DreamWear Nasal Pillow headgear with Arms

SterlingBay

Post by SterlingBay » Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:55 pm

It was a genius that came up with the name "soClean" . Makes people think the machine cleans their equipment. The worst thing is the use of Ozone to supposedly do it!
Years ago (around 2000-2004) there was a company selling air cleaners. They were expensive but promised the clean smell of "after the rain" and supposedly sanitized the air. My father gifted me one of these thinking he was doing a good thing. I developed asthma from it. They have since been removed from the market!

So the worst thing ever is for breathing compromised people to have this monster in their homes. But you can't always get people to believe you, especially when you call it "soClean".

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:55 pm

It should be called "Sozone".
Funny how that stuff is so precious in space--filtering sunlight, preventing skin cancer. . .
But a complete nightmare for your lungs.