William Shatner the new face of "NoClean" just saw another commercial... sigh.

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Gryphon

William Shatner the new face of "NoClean" just saw another commercial... sigh.

Post by Gryphon » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:14 pm

Well it looks like they're still at it... figure if they can get celebrities to say how their lives were magicly made better by the no clean box... they'll sell more.

http://www.sleepreviewmag.com/2019/06/w ... r-soclean/

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Re: William Shatner the new face of "NoClean" just saw another commercial... sigh.

Post by chunkyfrog » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:54 pm

Oh, noooooo, Captain!
Say it ain't so.
That you did not sell out.
Maybe got infected by a brainworm . . .
Or cloned by evil aliens . . .

palerider

Re: William Shatner the new face of "NoClean" just saw another commercial... sigh.

Post by palerider » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:58 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:54 pm
Oh, noooooo, Captain!
Say it ain't so.
That you did not sell out.
Maybe got infected by a brainworm . . .
Or cloned by evil aliens . . .
Mad cow.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

TheDuke

Post by TheDuke » Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:17 am

I am a long-time fan of Shatner, not much for the Captain Kirk role but for other parts he played. There was a law series with him as a rather wild but effective attorney named Denny Crane, who was in early stage dementia that I especially enjoyed. I think it was called "Boston Legal" It does pain me when I see aging celebrities sell out for testimonial dollars. I guess a guy has to live though.

TheDuke

Marko2019

Post by Marko2019 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:45 am

Nice enough guy, but I never really saw the appeal of William Shatner beyond Star Trek.

You can't blame SoClean for marketing, but if their product is not in compliance with FDA labeling requirements, or omits an "unstable toxic gas" (FDA) in confined spaces that could be (or is) life threatening - that's where the blame lies. Case closed.

It will be interesting to see how the Pro Hac Vice conference in August resolves. My guess is that the Plaintiff will use this as the basis for their argument.
https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts ... fr=801.415

Quite a laundry list of stuff that SoClean should be doing.
A whole lot of investigation is ongoing before I spend a single dime.

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:23 pm

Perfectly legal to sell something useless.
Dangerous might be pushing it, though.

raisedfist

Post by raisedfist » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:58 pm

I've heard radio ads on CNBC quite a bit

PS Min 6, PS Max 18, EPAP Min 4, EPAP Max 12

prodigyplace

Post by prodigyplace » Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:07 pm

Marko2019 wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:45 am
Nice enough guy, but I never really saw the appeal of William Shatner beyond Star Trek.

You can't blame SoClean for marketing, but if their product is not in compliance with FDA labeling requirements, or omits an "unstable toxic gas" (FDA) in confined spaces that could be (or is) life threatening - that's where the blame lies. Case closed.

It will be interesting to see how the Pro Hac Vice conference in August resolves. My guess is that the Plaintiff will use this as the basis for their argument.
https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts ... fr=801.415

Quite a laundry list of stuff that SoClean should be doing.
I found the point 4 interesting
In any medical condition for which there is no proof of safety and effectiveness.
In other words, they need to prove both the safety & effectiveness of generating & using ozone in their products.

Please visit our sponsor, CPAP.com at https://www.cpap.com/ for all your CPAP needs.

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:33 pm

With aggressive lawyers, it will be unresolved for years.

Janknitz

Post by Janknitz » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:07 pm

There's a lot of older actors that shill for things like catheters, reverse mortgages, rip off whole life policies, annuities, crappy nutritional supplements, incontinence supplies, etc. It's harder to get acting parts, and it pays the bills. They are under no obligation to check out the products they shill--they are ACTING. Sad that their fame can be exploited to lead people astray.
What you need to know before you meet your DME http://tinyurl.com/2arffqx
Taming the Mirage Quattro http://tinyurl.com/2ft3lh8
Swift FX Fitting Guide http://tinyurl.com/22ur9ts
Don't Pay that Upcharge! http://tinyurl.com/2ck48rm

Gryphon

Post by Gryphon » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:36 pm

Ya.. it wasnt so much that I have anything against cap'n Kirk... more so I'm just sick of seeing adds for the device... and the brainwashed nonsense I keep seeing people say about the product is doing my head in.

It's all about the convenience? I dont need a simpler way of taking a sugar pill... that costs 300+ dollars alone with multiple reoccurring expenses... I just need to be told it's a placebo and that my CPAP machine isn't really going to kill me if it's not decontaminated every day buy the soclean box.

For heavens sake this is like the mind set where we have to sterilize every facet of our lives... and because of the unintended consequences of this were breeding supper bugs and rasing children who have crap immune systems... a little exsposure normal every day germs generally doesnt hurt anyone. If your sick and coughing up a lung into your mask then by all means clean the damn thing a little but the germaphobic propaganda wagon neads to stop.

O well... when I go back home and I'm no longer visiting with my inlaws I won't have to see the commercials all the darn time and I can go back to pretending the product doesnt exist.

Restwell,

Gryphon

Marko2019

Post by Marko2019 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:39 am

You may be right - but given SoClean is basically ignoring FDA compliance directives for an "unstable toxic gas" in confined spaces - the Plaintiff may have something.

"Activated oxygen", as benign as it sounds is still an unstable toxic gas "with no known useful medical application in specific, adjunctive, or preventive therapy" (FDA 2018). SoClean knows this, and has know this for years. They had a duty and fiduciary responsibility to inform the public and clearly failed to do so.

But Like I said, given the legal system as it is you may be right.

chunkyfrog wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:33 pm
With aggressive lawyers, it will be unresolved for years.
A whole lot of investigation is ongoing before I spend a single dime.

Enigmas

Post by Enigmas » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:00 pm

I wonder if W. Shatner really uses a cpap machine ?

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:34 pm

Enigmas wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:00 pm
Not on his sleepovers, didn't you watch his ad's! Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

Enigmas

Post by Enigmas » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:37 pm

Goofproof wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:34 pm
Enigmas wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:00 pm
Not on his sleepovers, didn't you watch his ad's! Jim
True.. :lol: I did see him in bed pulling the covers over.