Resmed vpap adapt initial settings

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
desertscorpion

Resmed vpap adapt initial settings

Post by desertscorpion » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:24 pm

After using Airmed Airsense 10 for a year and only lowering AHI from 16 without therapy to 9 with therapy and 80-90% of AHI being Central Apnea's, I am trying a Resmed VPAP Adapt machine to try to lower my Centrals.
With the Airsense 10, I was using a pressure setting of 5-20 with EPR of 3...doctor had me using a constant pressure of 5 with an EPR of 2 as well but in both cases, AHI was always averaging 8-12 with mostly 85% being Central Apnea's.
With the VPAP Adapt machine in Auto ASV mode, what settings would you recommend I start with for Min EPAP, Max EPAP, Min PS, Max PS and start EPAP?
Steve

palerider

Re: Resmed vpap adapt initial settings

Post by palerider » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:35 pm

desertscorpion wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:24 pm
After using Airmed Airsense 10 for a year and only lowering AHI from 16 without therapy to 9 with therapy and 80-90% of AHI being Central Apnea's, I am trying a Resmed VPAP Adapt machine to try to lower my Centrals.
With the Airsense 10, I was using a pressure setting of 5-20 with EPR of 3...doctor had me using a constant pressure of 5 with an EPR of 2 as well but in both cases, AHI was always averaging 8-12 with mostly 85% being Central Apnea's.
With the VPAP Adapt machine in Auto ASV mode, what settings would you recommend I start with for Min EPAP, Max EPAP, Min PS, Max PS and start EPAP?
Steve
Many people get pretty good results with the default settings on the vpap adapt.

Start with that, then post some charts.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

ajack

Post by ajack » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:35 am

The default settings on auto
min epap 4
max epap 15
min ps 3
max ps 15

follow the guide and raise min epap 1cm for UA and H

https://www.resmed.com/us/dam/documents ... er_eng.pdf

desertscorpion

Post by desertscorpion » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:05 am

Thanks for advice.
1st night with the Adapt on default settings was best night I have had in a year!...AHI 2.77 (2.04 Hypopnea, 0.72 Unclassified).. Will post some charts after a week or so and see how may be able to fine tune settings.