OT: Why has Lipton Stopped selling Orange pekoe tea

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Goofproof

OT: Why has Lipton Stopped selling Orange pekoe tea

Post by Goofproof » Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:26 pm

After using this brand and grade for over 70 years, it seems to have vanished from the shelves here, being replaced by Black Tea. We were forced to buy Lipton Black tea, after checking at all the stores in town, tonight will tell the til, I may be going back to Coffee! I tried Green Tea, because they said it was healthy, it tastes like CRAP, so it must be, I threw it in the trash where it belongs, still got a new full box, didn't want to abuse the Rats. I tried to give it away, no-one would take it.

I suppose they cut down the trees they were getting the tea leaves down, and replanted Cocaine! :roll: Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

grayghost4

Re: OT: Why has Lipton Stopped selling Orange pekoe tea

Post by grayghost4 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:43 pm

If you're not part of the solution you're just scumming up the bottom of the beaker!

Get the Clinicians manual here : http://apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-press ... tup-manual

Cardsfan

Post by Cardsfan » Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:19 pm

Amazon has it. it says "yellow label" orange pekoe tea on the box. Lipton brand.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:24 pm

So, orange pekoe is actually a specific grade and size of BLACK TEA.
Hmmmm.
I actually prefer green tea . . .

chartle

Post by chartle » Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:44 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:24 pm
So, orange pekoe is actually a specific grade and size of BLACK TEA.
Hmmmm.
I actually prefer green tea . . .
and green tea is also just less Oxidized black tea

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:50 pm

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:15 pm

Went to their web site, as usual Corp Web sites are a waste of time, Fluff and No Stuff! So i'll just guess, as Orange pekoe is a grading standard not a product name, they got into trouble using it as such (After over 100 Years), so they changed to Dark Tea, now they can use a lesser grade in their products, cutting costs, and maybe raise the price. Anyway I had the BLACK Tea tonight, I can live withit, may be a little stronger. Still a stupid way to run a Business. Jim

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:14 pm

Goofproof wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:15 pm
Went to their web site, as usual Corp Web sites are a waste of time, Fluff and No Stuff! So i'll just guess, as Orange pekoe is a grading standard not a product name, they got into trouble using it as such (After over 100 Years), so they changed to Dark Tea, now they can use a lesser grade in their products, cutting costs, and maybe raise the price. Anyway I had the BLACK Tea tonight, I can live withit, may be a little stronger. Still a stupid way to run a Business. Jim
Unless you're buying loose tea, most likely all you've been getting were fannings anyway, that's what they fill the teabags with.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:49 pm

palerider wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:14 pm
Goofproof wrote:
Went to their web site, as usual Corp Web sites are a waste of time, Fluff and No Stuff! So i'll just guess, as Orange pekoe is a grading standard not a product name, they got into trouble using it as such (After over 100 Years), so they changed to Dark Tea, now they can use a lesser grade in their products, cutting costs, and maybe raise the price. Anyway I had the BLACK Tea tonight, I can live with it, may be a little stronger. Still a stupid way to run a Business. Jim
Unless you're buying loose tea, most likely all you've been getting were fannings anyway, that's what they fill the teabags with.
By calling it Black tea, they don't have to explain what they sweep up in it. You are probably correct. At least it doesn't taste like Green Tea. Jim

RIP, Lipton Orange pekoe Tea! :cry: Another Quality product Buried.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:34 pm

Goofproof wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:49 pm
RIP, Lipton Orange pekoe Tea! :cry: Another Quality product Buried.
Another BS marketing scheme, buried.

Ftfy.

SDBud

Post by SDBud » Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:40 pm

Goofproof wrote:
Went to their web site, as usual Corp Web sites are a waste of time, Fluff and No Stuff! So i'll just guess, as Orange pekoe is a grading standard not a product name, they got into trouble using it as such (After over 100 Years), so they changed to Dark Tea, now they can use a lesser grade in their products,
ABSOLUTELY wrong. Orange Pekoe ISN'T a grade of tea, and changing the name DOESN'T change what it's made of.

You CAN be an ignorant elitist and think it, but that DOESN'T make it correct.
Airsense 10 Autoset
AirTouch and AirFit F10 masks
:roll:

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:47 pm

SDBud wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:40 pm
Goofproof wrote:
Went to their web site, as usual Corp Web sites are a waste of time, Fluff and No Stuff! So i'll just guess, as Orange pekoe is a grading standard not a product name, they got into trouble using it as such (After over 100 Years), so they changed to Dark Tea, now they can use a lesser grade in their products,
ABSOLUTELY wrong. Orange Pekoe ISN'T a grade of tea, and changing the name DOESN'T change what it's made of.

Is there anything at all that you're not wrong about?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tea_leaf_grading: "The highest grades for Western and South Asian teas are referred to as "orange pekoe", and the lowest as "fannings" or "dust". Pekoe tea grades are classified into various qualities, each determined by how many of the adjacent young leaves (two, one, or none) were picked along with the leaf buds. Top-quality pekoe grades consist of only the leaf buds, which are picked using the balls of the fingertips. Fingernails and mechanical tools are not used to avoid bruising. "

There are *many* more references that say you're wrong.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:50 pm

SDBud wrote:
Goofproof wrote:

If you can read and think! https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tea_leaf_grading :roll: Jim

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:04 pm

Goofproof wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:50 pm
SDBud wrote:
Goofproof wrote:

If you can read and think! https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tea_leaf_grading :roll: Jim
There's never been any evidence of that from that poster.

jimbud

Post by jimbud » Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:04 pm

SDBud wrote:

ABSOLUTELY wrong.
Did you happen to be looking in a mirror when you wrote that.
Would explain a lot. :wink:
JPB