Ontario - Online CPAP Vendors?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
coolspot

Ontario - Online CPAP Vendors?

Post by coolspot » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:39 pm

Hi all,

I'm in Ontario, I used to use CPAP Clinic for my CPAP needs, but my insurance company, Great West Life, just delisted them as a provider. CPAP Clinic seemed to have good prices, it's unfortunate that GWL thinks they're fraudulent for some reason.

Any good clinics in the Greater Toronto Region that ships out masks and does business onilne? I prefer to do it online (or call in), as I hate going into the clinics to pick up a new mask when I'm always ordering the same one (ResMed Airfit P10).

Thanks!

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Re: Ontario - Online CPAP Vendors?

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:50 am

Bump.
Help the Canadian, please.

Julie

Post by Julie » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:58 am

Call Vitalaire...

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:59 am

We would need to know who your insurance is in network with or has contracts with.
We might know of the best online vendor in Canada and recommend it but if it doesn't work with your insurance it won't do you any good at all.
You need to start by contacting your insurance company and see if they have a special list of vendors that they have contracts with.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:20 am

I'm in Ontario as well.

I was given my original CPAP via Vitalair.
But their practises are predatory and dishonest.

I buy my masks and supplies via online suppliers:
https://www.cpapoutlet.ca
https://www.monstercpap.ca

I then submit my claim to my insurance and get 85% coverage, my insurance is SunLife.

coolspot

Post by coolspot » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:52 am

Pugsy wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:59 am
We would need to know who your insurance is in network with or has contracts with.
We might know of the best online vendor in Canada and recommend it but if it doesn't work with your insurance it won't do you any good at all.
You need to start by contacting your insurance company and see if they have a special list of vendors that they have contracts with.
Great West Life apparently has no "approved vendor" list - as long as it's Canadian (or even US - agent mentioned that currency should be highlighted) and a "legitimate" vendor they will approve.

GWL did say to print off the vendor's website and send it for an estimate to be 100% sure, but otherwise, they said as long as it's a retail site, even Amazon, they'll likely approve.

Primary reason I wanted a reco is to find a site that is reliable and ships fast. CPAP Clinic would ship and deliver within 2 business days. Some online sites look good, but who knows if they're run as a part time business and takes weeks to ship out - I don't want to deal with it.
Dog Slobber wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:20 am
I'm in Ontario as well.

I was given my original CPAP via Vitalair.
But their practises are predatory and dishonest.

I buy my masks and supplies via online suppliers:
https://www.cpapoutlet.ca
https://www.monstercpap.ca

I then submit my claim to my insurance and get 85% coverage, my insurance is SunLife.
Thank you, my first CPAP machine was from CPAPDirect and same thing, they are predatory and overpriced - they even added a "maintenance" plan to the machine! Because of the pricing, I switched to CPAP Clinic which I felt was more like a "McDonald's experience" (you select from the menu, you get what you pay for) but unfortunately GWL just delisted them last month.

I'll check out cpapoutlet and monstercapap, I also saw Profmed in Vaughan and also Advacare.

Appreciate the Ontario recos :-)

mw757

Post by mw757 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:34 am

coolspot wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:39 pm
Hi all,

I'm in Ontario, I used to use CPAP Clinic for my CPAP needs, but my insurance company, Great West Life, just delisted them as a provider. CPAP Clinic seemed to have good prices, it's unfortunate that GWL thinks they're fraudulent for some reason.

Any good clinics in the Greater Toronto Region that ships out masks and does business onilne? I prefer to do it online (or call in), as I hate going into the clinics to pick up a new mask when I'm always ordering the same one (ResMed Airfit P10).

Thanks!
I’ve used https://www.cpapmachines.ca for supplies and a Resmed Autoset 10...good prices and speedy delivery.

Hose_Head

Post by Hose_Head » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:57 pm

coolspot wrote:
Hi all,

Thanks!
I have used with success (good experiences for all) the following online suppliers:

cpapoutlet.ca
cpapmachinescanada.ca
canadacpapsupply.com
Clinicalsleep.com

BTW, I too am insured by GWL. They've honoured claims from all of the above. cpapoutlet.ca and cpapmachinescanada.net appear to be located in Ontario. Clinicalsleep.com is in BC, and Canadacpapsupply claims to be fully Canadian and to ship from Canada, but is based in Florida (not sure what's up with that).
I'm workin' on it.

Cpapian

Post by Cpapian » Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:33 pm

mw757 wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:34 am
coolspot wrote:
Hi all,

Thanks!
I’ve used https://www.cpapmachines.ca for supplies and a Resmed Autoset 10...good prices and speedy delivery.
I am with GWL as well. I generally use cpapmachines.ca also. They are based in Richmond Hill. Their prices are good. Repeat orders get $10 off on a purchase over $100. They will provide predeterminations, just email them for it. Delivery is fast, sometimes the next day. They have sales, periodically. And they will match prices (Canadian suppliers only). I am happy with them. If I want a fitting for a new mask, then I go to a bricks 'n motor location and pay the substantially higher price for that one time. GWL will reimburse (100% in my case) as long as I don't go over their maximum threshold.

You can't use them for a machine if you want the ADP program to kick in their 75%, but otherwise they have been good for everything I have purchased over the last two years.

coolspot

Post by coolspot » Mon Mar 28, 2022 8:43 am

Hi all,

I know this is an old thread but I recently needed to buy a new CPAP Travel unit after my Z1 died last summer.

For my ResMed AirMini, I went with Shoppers Wellwise - price for the unit was very good, at $1,199 which seems to be the recommended price with no additional markups.

Service however was mediocre, Shoppers is understaffed in regards to CPAP consultants, so they rotate between stores. Also store stock varies, so I had to call around to various stores before finding the unit. Lastly, the consultant I got was overworked and a bit careless with the unit - in fact, I think she dropped my original unit because it had a huge "gash" on the front of the unit (it didn't look new). Thankfully the store had 2 units, and I asked her to swap the unit with the other one on the shelf which she begrudgingly did.

Still, I'll probably go back to Shoppers to buy a CPAP machine because it just so happens the day I bought the unit was "CPAP Day" which added another 15% discount! On top of that, the purchase qualified for $150 in Optimum points, so in total, almost $300 off the regular price of the unit which is hard for any other vendor to beat.

For supplies and masks, Shoppers is very expensive, but perhaps if they have a sale or bonus Optimum points it maybe worth it.