ResMed new nasal cradle mask - AirFit N30

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
slowriter

Re: ResMed new nasal cradle mask - AirFit N30

Post by slowriter » Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:32 pm

chriml wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:28 am
Hi I just got the same mask last night f was the first night. I didn't sleep well at all and tossed and turned. I love the lightweight of the mask and I really want this mask to work. I have always had a full nasal mask so this cushion is very different. The clip also bothers my head in the morning . It also looks so flimsy so I'm nervous about that and wasting 100 dollars. Any Suggestions Thank you
I don't even notice the clip. Possible you have it too tight?

Beyond that, I'd give it time; will take a bit to adapt to what is indeed a different sort of mask, with a different feel.

babydinosnoreless

Post by babydinosnoreless » Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:21 pm

Has anyone who uses the N20 tried the N30? Curious if it's better. I would prefer diffused bit I really like the way the N20 fits. So far its the only one that I don't feel claustrophobic and panicky with.

Becca8104

Post by Becca8104 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:29 pm

I will not try the N30 and stay with my N30i because I do prefer the hose on my head.
“We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. ” —Aristotle.

Japparis

Post by Japparis » Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:07 am

realshelby wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:13 am
I have a habit of buying new masks when they come out. Well over 14 now. But this one I will pass on for now. I would consider it as a replacement for the P10 I keep in my travel cpap case. But the only advantage I see is the adjustable hose. Like Pugsy mentioned, I might just buy a headstrap and see about fitting that to the P10!

Once you get used to a top mount hose, it is really hard to put up with a front mount hose. Not having to deal with the hose at all the whole night is at least 2-4 less wake ups for me. Good sleep is what this is all about!
I like the top mounted hose, as well. I noticed that the article said there hose was shorter. I think that would bother me. I'd feel restricted, especially with a tube that goes from under my nose AND is shorter. 🤔

weroberts75

Post by weroberts75 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:27 am

Pugsy wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:51 pm
They say the headgear isn't the same headgear as with the P10 and not interchangeable but I will believe it if I see it. They said the same thing about all the Swift Nano FX & Swift FX pillow stuff...that they weren't interchangeable but they were.
The headgear is completely interchangeable; the mask frame is not.

I got an N30 over the weekend and the first thing I did was change out the headgear.
It has the exact same dimensions as the P10 headgear, except for of course the adjustable clip on the N30 headgear.

So, if you prefer the simplicity of the P10 headgear but want an N30, you might consider buying just the frame assembly.
And, if you prefer the P10 but want an adjustable headgear strap, then just buy an N30 strap and put it on your P10.

The frame and cushion, on the other hand, are totally incompatible.
You cannot put P10 pillows on an N30 frame nor an N30 cushion on the P10 frame.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:32 am

weroberts75 wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:27 am
Pugsy wrote:
They say the headgear isn't the same headgear as with the P10 and not interchangeable but I will believe it if I see it. They said the same thing about all the Swift Nano FX & Swift FX pillow stuff...that they weren't interchangeable but they were.

I got an N30 over the weekend and the first thing I did was change out the headgear.
It has the exact same dimensions as the P10 headgear, except for of course the adjustable clip on the N30 headgear.

So, if you prefer the simplicity of the P10 headgear but want an N30, you might consider buying just the frame assembly.
And, if you prefer the P10 but want an adjustable headgear strap, then just buy an N30 strap and put it on your P10.

The frame and cushion, on the other hand, are totally incompatible.
You cannot put P10 pillows on an N30 frame nor an N30 cushion on the P10 frame.
Thanks for confirming what I suspected about the headgear and it should be a boon to P10 users who need or want additional adjustability of the headgear. I can think of 2 people right now who might find that really useful.

Too bad the frame isn't interchangeable but I can see why it would need to be different. The base part of the pillow or cradle is just going to be a different shape. Plus ResMed wants people to buy more stuff anyway. :lol:

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

weroberts75

Post by weroberts75 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:38 am

Pugsy wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:32 am
weroberts75 wrote:
Pugsy wrote:

Thanks for confirming what I suspected about the headgear and it should be a boon to P10 users who need or want additional adjustability of the headgear. I can think of 2 people right now who might find that really useful.
Thank you for your time and contributions to this forum!

zonker

Post by zonker » Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:38 pm

weroberts75 wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:38 am
Pugsy wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:32 am
weroberts75 wrote:
Pugsy wrote:

Thank you for your time and contributions to this forum!
yeah, you saw what she did there, right? too many folks come on here and it's all about them. but pugsy is about HELPING. and she has a most excellent memory.

what she does for this forum is astonishing.
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:56 pm

Lab rats--unite!
Any time you are frustrated with the original design of equipment, remember it is YOUR stuff.
Feel free to try different combinations, as long as they are reversible.
If you need to start cutting, breaking, gluing, etc--just have a spare.
You still need to sleep.
And of course, if you create a winner--please share! 8)

raisedfist

Post by raisedfist » Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:53 am

First night with this mask was not great. I found the cushion/flow of air to be loud, not super quiet as advertised. Even though I could barely feel the venting, on bi-level it just seemed to be very loud no matter which way I turned. I took the cushion off and reseated it, made sure the device was set to nasal pillows, secured the tubing etc, but it did nothing. It wasn't just a rush of air noise either, like an older mask, but it was an annoying burst of air like the cushion was inflating a lot and trying desparately to seal. Granted, I was using a pressure support of 12, but with the P10 there was not the same noise whatsoever. Maybe because the pressure was more direct with the tip of the cushions against your nares. No leaks on the N30 either I was sitting up watching the treatment screen. I followed the cushion sizing guide as well, and I couldn't feel any leaking and the cushion appears to fit snug/well.

I'll try it again this week once I have more patience, but I am really not impressed so far. I also found the ResMed N30i to be noisy in the same conditions. Maybe these masks work perfectly with a constant higher CPAP pressure, but on bi-level with a good amount of PS, they seem to fail. Right now the best masks for me in terms of efficacy and quietness are the P10 Pillows and the F&P Simplus FFM. Both are super quiet even though they are old. :evil:

PS Min 6, PS Max 18, EPAP Min 4, EPAP Max 12

realshelby

Post by realshelby » Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:12 am

raisedfist wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:53 am
I also found the ResMed N30i to be noisy in the same conditions. Maybe these masks work perfectly with a constant higher CPAP pressure, but on bi-level with a good amount of PS, they seem to fail. Right now the best masks for me in terms of efficacy and quietness are the P10 Pillows and the F&P Simplus FFM. Both are super quiet even though they are old. :evil:
Buy a P30i pillows for your N30i frame. If you liked the P10, this will feel very similar and act very similar in how it seals. The nose piece is a snap in fit, they are interchangeable.
Min 7 Max 20 (cmH2O)

ragtopcircus

Post by ragtopcircus » Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:40 am

realshelby wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:12 am
raisedfist wrote:
I also found the ResMed N30i to be noisy in the same conditions. Maybe these masks work perfectly with a constant higher CPAP pressure, but on bi-level with a good amount of PS, they seem to fail. Right now the best masks for me in terms of efficacy and quietness are the P10 Pillows and the F&P Simplus FFM. Both are super quiet even though they are old. :evil:
Buy a P30i pillows for your N30i frame. If you liked the P10, this will feel very similar and act very similar in how it seals. The nose piece is a snap in fit, they are interchangeable.
I found the N30i to be very noisy even on fixed pressure or any Respironics Flex setting.

I’m using the P30i on a Resmed Vauto (BiLevel) with EPAPmin 10 and Pressure Support 5. I can’t compare it to the P10, but it’s much quieter than the N30i.

raisedfist

Post by raisedfist » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:56 am

ragtopcircus wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:40 am
realshelby wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:12 am
raisedfist wrote:
I found the N30i to be very noisy even on fixed pressure or any Respironics Flex setting.

I’m using the P30i on a Resmed Vauto (BiLevel) with EPAPmin 10 and Pressure Support 5. I can’t compare it to the P10, but it’s much quieter than the N30i.
Interesting I will have to give that frame with the pillows a try. The P10 is very quiet I just for some reason get real baggy eyes from the headgear presumably being so tight, even though I spread the straps far apart to loosen and even stretched out the headgear. They seemed to have improved that with this new N30 at least--it didn't feel as tight on my skull.

PS Min 6, PS Max 18, EPAP Min 4, EPAP Max 12

azriaz2002

Post by azriaz2002 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:18 am

Hello everyone, I am new to CPAP, been doing a couple months. First I want to say a big thank you to everyone who posts on here, it has been very helpful for me. So Thank You All! I got this new resmed cradle mask and thought I would share my experience so far. It is just like the P10 in design. The mask itself does not make any noise at all, which is nice. The hose in front does not spin, but is super flexible, so that is comfy. Now I know that I have a small head, hats and helmets are always too big lol. The first night I used this mask it squeezed my head, and I woke up with a bruised nose and slight headache. So I got the headgear wet, wrapped it around a chair back to dry all stretched out. That night it was too loose, and leaked alot. You really got to have the cradle flush on your face to seal. So then I got it wet again and let it dry just laying there lol. Tried it on when it was dry and it was too tight again, so I just stretched it with my hands a little and behold! It was just right. Darn strap! :roll: Now when I’m on my side the face gear goes up right under my eye like a vice on the side I’m laying on, so far I don’t mind that though. I can’t wear nasal pillows since they bruise my nose pretty bad. I have the airfit n30i, but it bruises my cheek bones, which is awful. So all in all I like this mask, it’s mostly comfortable for me.

slowriter

Post by slowriter » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:47 am

azriaz2002 wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:18 am
Hello everyone, I am new to CPAP, been doing a couple months. First I want to say a big thank you to everyone who posts on here, it has been very helpful for me. So Thank You All! I got this new resmed cradle mask and thought I would share my experience so far. It is just like the P10 in design. The mask itself does not make any noise at all, which is nice. The hose in front does not spin, but is super flexible, so that is comfy. Now I know that I have a small head, hats and helmets are always too big lol. The first night I used this mask it squeezed my head, and I woke up with a bruised nose and slight headache. So I got the headgear wet, wrapped it around a chair back to dry all stretched out. That night it was too loose, and leaked alot. You really got to have the cradle flush on your face to seal. So then I got it wet again and let it dry just laying there lol. Tried it on when it was dry and it was too tight again, so I just stretched it with my hands a little and behold! It was just right. Darn strap! :roll: Now when I’m on my side the face gear goes up right under my eye like a vice on the side I’m laying on, so far I don’t mind that though. I can’t wear nasal pillows since they bruise my nose pretty bad. I have the airfit n30i, but it bruises my cheek bones, which is awful. So all in all I like this mask, it’s mostly comfortable for me.
Why didn't you use the adjustment clip to, well, adjust the headgear fit?