ResMed new nasal cradle mask - AirFit N30

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
raisedfist

ResMed new nasal cradle mask - AirFit N30

Post by raisedfist » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:00 am

Looks pretty darn slick if I do say so myself.

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/ ... Down-Nasal

PS Min 6, PS Max 18, EPAP Min 4, EPAP Max 12

Dog Slobber

Re: ResMed new nasal cradle mask - AirFit N30

Post by Dog Slobber » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:22 am

Looks promising.
Minimal like the P10, but addresses the strap getting too loose with an adjustable size. Looks like the attachment clips on/off like the P10.

Wondering how long before the P30 pillows for those who prefer pillows over cradles. The strap looks like it might be a replacement for the P10 strap.

raisedfist

Post by raisedfist » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:43 am

Dog Slobber wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:22 am
Looks promising.
Minimal like the P10, but addresses the strap getting too loose with an adjustable size. Looks like the attachment clips on/off like the P10.

Wondering how long before the P30 pillows for those who prefer pillows over cradles. The strap looks like it might be a replacement for the P10 strap.
It's kind of weird that I don't see this mask on their website even though the article claims it's now available in the United States. It also doesn't show on ResMed's newsroom releases as an update being sent out. My guess is we will see it pop up sometime this week to get more information.

I like that they provide an alternative to the top of the head hose connection as I wasn't a fan of that, nor having two separate exhaust areas. I also like having an alternative to pillows as those tend to irritate the nares of my nostrils from time to time.

PS Min 6, PS Max 18, EPAP Min 4, EPAP Max 12

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:44 am

Well to be fair.....the cradle thing isn't entirely new to the world of cpap masks...just new to ResMed.
Back when I first started therapy there was a very small handful of "cradle" cushion masks available from other manufacturers.
Choices were limited and the silicone wasn't nearly as refined as it is now and the main drawback back then was the crappy headgear. :lol: The Respironics Optilife had a cradle cushion option but the headgear totally sucks for that mask. There were a couple of others and if you look way back in the really old discontinued masks at cpap.com you might still find a few mentioned.

So not a totally new idea but something that ResMed decided to probably redefine and improve upon because they sure needed improved upon.
This one reminds me a lot of the F & P Brevida without the inner cones to make it a nasal pillow mask.
I wonder if the silicone is as soft as the Brevida silicone which I found incredibly soft.

I am sure it will have its place in the market.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

slowriter

Post by slowriter » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:25 am

Is this style likely to work well for a sometimes-side sleeper?

zonker

Post by zonker » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:33 am

slowriter wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:25 am
good point. sort of what i was wondering myself. we won't know until we know, of course, but i'm wondering just how stiff that tube is going straight down like that.

i don't have a lot of experience with masks, having only used four. so i just don't know.
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:56 am

zonker wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:33 am
slowriter wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:25 am
good point. sort of what i was wondering myself. we won't know until we know, of course, but i'm wondering just how stiff that tube is going straight down like that.
The slim tube looks almost identical to the P10 in style.
we won't know until we know
Sounds like a Yogi-ism to me.

edfreeman

Post by edfreeman » Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:10 am

Pugsy wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:44 am
Well to be fair.....the cradle thing isn't entirely new to the world of cpap masks...just new to ResMed.
Back when I first started therapy there was a very small handful of "cradle" cushion masks available from other manufacturers.
Choices were limited and the silicone wasn't nearly as refined as it is now and the main drawback back then was the crappy headgear. :lol: The Respironics Optilife had a cradle cushion option but the headgear totally sucks for that mask. There were a couple of others and if you look way back in the really old discontinued masks at cpap.com you might still find a few mentioned.

So not a totally new idea but something that ResMed decided to probably redefine and improve upon because they sure needed improved upon.
This one reminds me a lot of the F & P Brevida without the inner cones to make it a nasal pillow mask.
I wonder if the silicone is as soft as the Brevida silicone which I found incredibly soft.

I am sure it will have its place in the market.
Weird, I thought they already had an N30 with the tube on top (nose cradle and all).

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:15 am

edfreeman wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:10 am

Weird, I thought they already had an N30 with the tube on top (nose cradle and all).
The new mask is the AirFit N30, you're thinking of the AirFit N30i

zonker

Post by zonker » Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:45 am

Dog Slobber wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:56 am

The slim tube looks almost identical to the P10 in style.
we won't know until we know
Sounds like a Yogi-ism to me.
to the first, so maybe more flexible than it looks in the picture, is what you're saying? i suppose it would have to be, on second thought. i was just thinking along those lines because of my new and temporary sleeping arrangements. there isn't a lot of room in an rv. i've ending up stringing, well, string along the top bunk and hanging my p10 and hose from that. so the flexibility is what struck me most from the pictures in the link.

as to the second, no. was going more for a donald rumsfeld thing.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

edfreeman

Post by edfreeman » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:28 pm

Dog Slobber wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:15 am
edfreeman wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:10 am

The new mask is the AirFit N30, you're thinking of the AirFit N30i
Yeah, OK, guess I am. Good thing they didn't make it confusing at all, the DME's will love figuring out which one to send their customers.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:51 pm

Available for pre order expected to ship tomorrow from cpap.com
https://www.cpap.com/productpage/resmed ... h-headgear

Upon a closer look at the images at cpap.com....
I suspect it is very similar to the P10 but using the nasal cushion. Vent holes look the same...headgear looks the same...frame with hose looks the same.

I expect the hose to be every bit as flexible as the P10 hose and supposedly it is super quiet with the diffused venting that we all know is so quiet. The P10 hose is a very nice hose....I will give them that. Weighs nothing and super flexible.

They say the headgear isn't the same headgear as with the P10 and not interchangeable but I will believe it if I see it. They said the same thing about all the Swift Nano FX & Swift FX pillow stuff...that they weren't interchangeable but they were.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

babydinosnoreless

Post by babydinosnoreless » Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:02 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:51 pm
Available for pre order expected to ship tomorrow from cpap.com
https://www.cpap.com/productpage/resmed ... h-headgear

Upon a closer look at the images at cpap.com....
I suspect it is very similar to the P10 but using the nasal cushion. Vent holes look the same...headgear looks the same...frame with hose looks the same.

I expect the hose to be every bit as flexible as the P10 hose and supposedly it is super quiet with the diffused venting that we all know is so quiet. The P10 hose is a very nice hose....I will give them that. Weighs nothing and super flexible.

They say the headgear isn't the same headgear as with the P10 and not interchangeable but I will believe it if I see it. They said the same thing about all the Swift Nano FX & Swift FX pillow stuff...that they weren't interchangeable but they were.
Ooh does this have diffused venting ? Will have to see if my dme can get one for me before the end of the year.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:05 pm

babydinosnoreless wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:02 pm
Ooh does this have diffused venting ?

Yep, yep, yep....from the pictures it looks just like the vent holes from the P10.
Going to appeal to a lot of nasal cushion mask users who don't like the vent noise or air blowing on them.

babydinosnoreless

Post by babydinosnoreless » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:11 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:05 pm
babydinosnoreless wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:02 pm
Ooh does this have diffused venting ?

Yep, yep, yep....from the pictures it looks just like the vent holes from the P10.
Going to appeal to a lot of nasal cushion mask users who don't like the vent noise or air blowing on them.
Ooh. Will have to see if I can get one. :). The thing I dislike most about the N-20 is the vent.