I am going to try using a Remzzz's mask liner tonight

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Violet West

Re: How often will I need to replace parts for mask & CPAP

Post by Violet West » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:33 am

How funny--I've never thought to wash my hose cover, let alone twice a week. Why does it get so dirty, Dave? Also, I find that the water chamber does get a bit slimy if left without washing too long.

Denial Dave

Post by Denial Dave » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:40 am

I just decided that washing the hose cover along with the bed linens each week made sense to minimize hand oils or dirt on it. It could easily be washed less frequently.

For whatever reason, I've never experienced the slime on the bottom of my humidity tank. 🤔

if you don't know where you are going... any road will take you there.... George Harrison

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:51 am

Denial Dave wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:40 am
For whatever reason, I've never experienced the slime on the bottom of my humidity tank.
I rarely ever get that slime. Seems like I did get it more with the S9 than I do now with the AirCurve 10.
I suspect that some houses just have more of whatever that particular culprit is floating around in the air to set up shop.
It might have something to do with ambient temps and ambient humidity as well. May well have something to do with our settings too.

My usual routine is add water each night and maybe once a week stick finger in and feel the bottom to see if it is slimy and if it is then I make a mental note to maybe wash it the next day. Sometimes I will wash the water chamber just for the heck of it.
Certainly not very often though.
I mostly use distilled but on occasion do use tap water (well water) when I have run out of distilled. I use distilled because my well water contains a lot of minerals and I don't particularly want to take the time to descale it. I haven't noticed if the tap water promotes the slime or not. I don't think so because I don't use tap water very often.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Violet West

Post by Violet West » Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:20 am

Hmm. I guess I'll stick my hose cover in the wash this week! I

Rosepetal

I am going to try a Remzzz liner tonight

Post by Rosepetal » Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:15 am

Denial Dave wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:00 am

Pad A Cheek liner lasts me about a year before it gets too thin to be effective anymore. It gets washed twice a week by going into a delicate's type mesh bag & is washed along with a regular load of laundry. typically with cold or warm water.

Dave
Hi Dave, I had a look at the Pad A Cheek website and unfortunately they haven't got any liners for the Fisher & Paykel Vitera full face mask that I use. It is great that you can get a liner that will last so long!

My 6 Remzzz's mask liner samples arrived this afternoon. I am excited to try one out tonight. (laughing at myself for getting excited over a piece of material shaped like a toilet seat :lol: ) The cotton material they are made from is sturdier than the synthetic Tee-shirt material I made mine from. If it works I am heading off to The Warehouse tomorrow to buy cotton Tee-shirts which are on sale for NZ$1.99 From these I will make more liners. (Trying to keep costs down).

Wish me luck!