Philips Dreamwear Nasal Mask...need alternative

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
sleepingwhileawake

Philips Dreamwear Nasal Mask...need alternative

Post by sleepingwhileawake » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:59 pm

Greetings from a long-time CPAP user (21 years). My old mask is pretty much done for, and I thought I'd try the above. I sized based on their measurement template, and ordered the medium. I works, but the total volume through it is low. I have to "suck" in on inhale, and force exhale. Pressure was noticeably higher too. I get a lot of re-breathing of the exhale too, so sent it back. I like the idea, and it was otherwise comfortable, but I need something with lower pressure, higher volume.

Anyone have any opinions? Thanks!

Pugsy

Re: Philips Dreamwear Nasal Mask...need alternative

Post by Pugsy » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:33 pm

Welcome to the forum.

What was the old mask you had been using?

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Coffee Man

Post by Coffee Man » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:01 pm

The ResMed N30i would be most comparable. Has hose attachment at top of head like the DreamWear. It comes with a fit pack with several size cushions. The nasal cushion vents more air compared to the DreamWear so is less likely to have buildup of condensation. If you are looking for an atop the head attachment, this would be one mask to try.

realshelby

Post by realshelby » Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:52 am

You would get more "airflow" from the P30i instead of the N30i. The P30i has the nasal pillows which in every mask I have used feel like you breathe easier through them.

As far as venting goes, the Dreamwear, P30i and N30i all have two separate vents to expel breath. The Dreamwear is far more noisy and you can really feel the air from the vents. The two others have highly diffused nose area vents. Nearly silent and hard to feel the expelled air. ALL will be more than adequate at getting rid of expelled air!
Min 7 Max 20 (cmH2O)