NEW ResMed AirFit F30i full face mask....some reviews here

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Pugsy

Re: NEW ResMed AirFit F30i full face mask

Post by Pugsy » Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:57 pm

Becca8104 wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:46 pm
The F30i fit me perfectly, and did not budge no matter how much flopping & spinning I did. Ready to stop trying different masks. I found THE ONE!
Excellent. I was on pins and needles waiting for your report.
I felt the same way after the first night with the Bleep. I know how you feel.
Good job.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

JeffHarnett

Re: NEW ResMed AirFit F30i full face mask

Post by JeffHarnett » Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:22 am

Hi there... does anyone have any idea when and where the F30i will be available in the UK. I can seem to find it currently nor any info as to when it will be launched.

Also own FFMs - AirFit F20 & F30, AirTouch F20, DreamWear, Ascend Gel, & Vitera
"Lifelong mouth breather currently trying to retrain as nasal"

Becca8104

Re: NEW ResMed AirFit F30i full face mask....some reviews here

Post by Becca8104 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:07 pm

Not all CPAP suppliers have them in the USA yet, but it will be only a matter of time before they should be available everywhere in the USA, but I haven't heard about the UK or other countries. Hopefully you will get them soon in the UK. By the way, STILL LOVING my F30i. It is the first full face mask that I actually heard & felt the cushion inflate to seal. It seals even better than the F30 did. I guess that's the difference between a poor fit and an excellent fit and when you know you have THE MASK for you. I am going to let my DME know what my final choice will be going forward. They still don't have the F30i in stock yet, but they may have them available in 3-6 months. I am also going to let them know I want to go to an every 6 month shipment schedule for everything, including my mask. I was staying with the "new mask every 3 months" schedule so that I can try different masks or mask variations. Now I don't need a new mask every 3 months. For me, the cushion, frame, & headgear lasts a lot longer than 3 months.
“We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. ” —Aristotle.

Gator5000e

Post by Gator5000e » Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:42 pm

Can anyone say what the supposed advantages are over the Dreamwear FF? I am currently using the DWFF and have to wear it really snug (I use a liner as well) but still get leaks. I am very curious as to the differences between the two in real life.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:14 pm

Gator5000e wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:42 pm
Can anyone say what the supposed advantages are over the Dreamwear FF?
There are a couple of comments comparing the two masks here ---> viewtopic.php?f=1&t=178382

Gator5000e

Post by Gator5000e » Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:36 pm

Thank you. Guess it's still a bit early in the process yet.

Becca8104

Post by Becca8104 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:58 pm

I started with the Dreamwear Full face & had lot's of leaks, "farty" noises, and had to use liners AND a chin strap to make it work (so that I didn't have to have it strapped on too tight). Yes, I actually did need a flippin' chin strap with a full face mask. The liners made my face & lips itch, and they sometimes shifted, even my pad a cheek one which is the best liner available IMHO. Never could tolerate the dreamwear FF mask, so I switched to the N30i nasal mask with chin strap UNTIL the F30i was finally invented. Now I am a happy camper. If you don't mind the hose on your nose (it's tolerable for most people), the F30 sealed great for me. If you HAVE to have the hose on your head (like I do). then I highly recommend you try the F30i. So my vote for the BEST full face masks are the F30 & F30i. They are the ONLY Full face masks that didn't leak for me & I didn't need chin straps or liners.
“We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. ” —Aristotle.

charlesrshell

Post by charlesrshell » Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:04 pm

Nice review.

tronious

Post by tronious » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:49 am

I wore this for the first time last night

I have no negative things to say about. It's perfect for me. I have the standard frame and medium cushion.

I switched to this from an F30 because the hose on the front was driving me nuts and it was hurting my chin.

I had no issues at all with leaking. I was even able to keep the straps on the looser side with no leaks.

I was also able to finally SLEEP ON MY SIDE with no discomfort and more importantly...NO LEAKING.

Of equal importance to the lack of leaking was the fact that I did not wake up once through the entire night.

7:35 mins of uninterrupted sleep.

Some concrete numbers:

According to my Galaxy Watch...my DEEP SLEEP was 1hr and 45 mins while it is typically 48 mins at it's highest. REM sleep was 4hrs and 32 mins. The rest was light sleep and my AWAKE time registered was only 15 mins...whereas prior to this it would have been 45mins+

Masks I've used up until now are:

1. ResMed nasal (not sure the model...it was my first). Couldn't keep my mouth shut leaked all night.
2. DreamWear nasal
3. DreamWear full face
4. ResMed F30 (liked it best until the F30i)

Now that I have the f30i I don't think I'll be looking any further assuming my future experiences are the same as last night's

T

Becca8104

Post by Becca8104 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:24 pm

tronious, your experience is EXACTLY like mine. Much better sleep & more energy now. I rarely wake up in middle of night to pee. No mask leaks, & I don't have to wear the mask too tight to accomplish this. I also loved the F30 except for the hose on the nose. F30i is my favorite FF mask because of the hose on the head style. For you FF users, I really recommend you try the F30i or F30. You may find you prefer it over your current FF mask. For nasal mask users: I highly recommend the N30i or P30i depending on your cushion preference. I didn't try the N30 because it would not be one I am interested in, but you should try that one too. The N30i was the best nasal mask I ever tried. Didn't try the P30i because I am not a fan of the pillow cushion style, but for those of you that are... give it a whirl! You may be pleasantly surprised.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:28 pm

tronious wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:49 am
I switched to this from an F30 because the hose on the front was driving me nuts and it was hurting my chin.

I had no issues at all with leaking.
The traditional hose-on-the-mask design is problematic for leak-free use. The weight of the hose is likely to cause leaks especially when the user moves in the bed.

Attaching the hose to the user's head makes for a more stable mask.

Kudos to the product design team at Respironics who came with the first hose-attached-to-the-user's-head design.

Gator5000e

Post by Gator5000e » Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:34 pm

So why do the companies that sell this require a prescription? I’ve been buying the DWFF off Amazon for a heck of a lot less than my insurance copay would require. I also don’t have to see a doctor to get a script nor have to deal with the staff at the local medical equipment office who I have found to be pretty short on knowledge.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:48 pm

Gator5000e wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:34 pm
So why do the companies that sell this require a prescription?
Class II medical device.
Because the FDA aka the federal government says that to sell cpap masks that a prescription is required. RX required is printed clearly on complete mask packages.
Never mind that each part sold individually doesn't require a RX.
As to why some places sell it without having a RX on file ....I guess you would have to ask them. It's a law that no one really bothers to enforce.
Kinda stupid IMHO but no one asked me. Who in their right mind would pay this amount of money for something unless they really had a need for it.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

tronious

Post by tronious » Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:28 pm

For what it's worth I ordered this online (not Amazon...as I feel like the Amazon ones are either used or left over personal products from people).

The site also said it required a prescription. When I asked them about it they simply said "don't worry about it". I thought that was odd.

I'm guessing it requires a prescription because it's medical therapy and if you get the wrong thing it could cause problems for you. I personally don't agree with that, but that's all I can come up with.

Nowhere had ever forced me to have a prescription ale from when I got my actual machine and given the cost of my machine I'm glad 🙂

salinas212

Post by salinas212 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:48 pm

Still abhor the method I'm forced to resort to use to order this in a size that fits perfectly, ie; whole kit then a backup 'SW' cushion. Granted the VA pays and always sends 2 of everything so I'm never out-of-pocket a dime but still feel (naïveté or neurosis) I should be able to order specifically what I need/want, while the VA is simultaneously forced to pay for a single mask with all the additional appropriately sized bits & pieces for my and/or other's personal use & comfort. Granted I don't hate it enough to switch masks... jus sayin!

Last edited by salinas212 on Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you're gonna be a dog, why intentionally choose Chihuahua!?!