Change minimum pressure on DreamStation

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Deborah K.

Change minimum pressure on DreamStation

Post by Deborah K. » Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:45 pm

How do I change the minimum pressure on my DreamStation Auto CPAP machine? I see that many of you know how to do this, and I have searched hard for instructions on how to change the pressure on my particular machine, but I cannot find the correct instructions.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Deborah
Machine: Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset For Her
Mask: Bleep Dreamport mask system

Pugsy

Re: Change minimum pressure on DreamStation

Post by Pugsy » Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:29 am

Welcome to the forum.

Go here and request a copy of the clinical/provider manual for your machine.
In that manual you will find the instructions on how to do the secret hand shake (combination of button pushing) so you can get into the clinical set up menu area and make changes.
Plus there's some other good information in it that isn't included in the user manual.

https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap- ... tup-manual

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:37 am

If you go to google search and put in " How do I change pressure on Dreamstation CPAP" This is what comes up:....Pretty easy...
https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/v ... p&fr=yfp-t

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:33 am

However, it's always better to get the clinical manual so you can understand what all the settings mean.

Last edited by palerider on Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Get OSCAR

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:53 am

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

Deborah K.

Post by Deborah K. » Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:59 pm

Thanks folks! I changed my beginning pressure to 6.5 and have tweaked pressure relief items and am breathing more comfortably.

I have another question not related to pressure settings, but I think I am supposed to ask here in this thread so here goes:

I find that even with a heated hose the air that blows into my nose is uncomfortably cold. I gather that one can buy covers that go over the hose, but are these to help make the air warmer or are they, like the heated hose, mainly to prevent condensation? I would like to somehow make the air itself warmer.

My bedroom is pretty cold at night in the winter, and I like it that way. And maybe I notice the cold more now because I am using higher pressure. Any suggestions for warming up the blowing air?

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:08 pm

What temperature do you have the heated hose set for?

The hose covers can help maintain whatever temperature you have the hose set for but it won't necessarily warm the air up more than the temp you have it set for.

Your best bet is increase the hose air temp if you have room to increase it.
If you are using a mask that has a short hose going from the long hose to the mask you might put a hose cover on that short hose to prevent the air in that hose from cooling down.
While hose covers are thought to be mainly for condensation prevention they can also simply be a comfort factor in terms of helping maintain a warmer and more comfortable air temp when our bedrooms run on the cool side.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Deborah K.

Post by Deborah K. » Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:06 pm

Thanks Pugsy. I have the heated hose set on it's highest setting. So a hose cover of some kind is the best I can do I guess. I'll start looking online to see what's available. I hate the cold air blowing in my nose. :evil:

Deborah K.

Post by Deborah K. » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:43 pm

Do any of you sleep on a special cervical pillow to support your neck and keep your head back? These are supposed to help correct apnea by keeping your chin from being tucked down. I'm mostly getting good AHI numbers; between 1.0 and less than 3. I'm also thinking of a cervical collar, but haven't ordered one yet. How do I know whether I need one of either of these items if my AHI numbers are already pretty good?

Deborah K.

Post by Deborah K. » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:46 pm

Also, as to the problem I had with cold air blowing up my nose, I started using the preheat cycle on my apap, and the warmer air blowing is much more comfortable. Doing that helped a lot.

zonker

Post by zonker » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:15 am

Deborah K. wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:43 pm
Do any of you sleep on a special cervical pillow to support your neck and keep your head back? These are supposed to help correct apnea by keeping your chin from being tucked down. I'm mostly getting good AHI numbers; between 1.0 and less than 3. I'm also thinking of a cervical collar, but haven't ordered one yet. How do I know whether I need one of either of these items if my AHI numbers are already pretty good?
do you mean a firm foam cervical collar?

like this-

https://www.amazon.com/Coreline-Cervica ... 588&sr=8-1

i use this particular one as does chicago grannie. collars also come in 3" size.

this definitely keeps the chin from tucking/ keeps the airway open.

they generally last me between 2-3 months. by that time, the foam breaks down and gradually loses support. so i then replace it.

i find it well worth the money.
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

Deborah K.

Post by Deborah K. » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:14 pm

Thanks Zonker! How did you know that you needed one? Do you get a better AHI now that you use it?

zonker

Post by zonker » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:09 pm

Deborah K. wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:14 pm
Thanks Zonker! How did you know that you needed one? Do you get a better AHI now that you use it?
from this forum. i figured i'd give it a try seeing how it's not an expensive addition. and yes, it did bring down my ahi.

the combination of scuncis and the collar lowered my ahi by at least one point. and every little bit helps, right?
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

Deborah K.

Post by Deborah K. » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:42 pm

I have a new question. I use a pillows mask (Airfit P30i) and have used both small and medium pillows. Is there any disadvantage to using a size large, even if I don't have large nostrils? (I switched to medium when I read advice from you folks saying larger is usually better, and it was) I had a rough night last night, waking up a lot, and ending up with 4.8 AHI. I have been consistently getting less than 3, often 1.00 or 1.something. I had turned the ramp up to 9 to start, and felt like my mask wanted to blow off, so in the middle of the night I turned it back to 8.5, where I have had it set for some while. Maybe 9 is just to high for me, at least for now. Or maybe last night was one of those freaky miserable nights.

Anyway, I wonder if the large pillows might feel more secure, let the air flow more easily, and be less likely to feel like they are leaking. I still got a no leak report, but it sure felt like air was blowing on me.

Any advice?

Thanks, Deborah

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:50 pm

There's to advantage or disadvantage associated with any size of anything as long as it is comfortable for you.
Hurts nothing to try a larger size to see if you like it better or not.