COVID 19, CPAP, Ventilator MEGA THREAD...everything go here please

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
ChicagoGranny

Re: COVID 19, CPAP, Ventilator MEGA THREAD...everything go here please

Post by ChicagoGranny » Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:54 am

zonker wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:13 pm
ladies, dig out your husband's insurance policies!

'Men are at a huge disadvantage' — who is getting hit hardest by COVID-19 and why'

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/quirks/apr-18- ... -1.5534506
------------------>
Recent Study Shows Testicles May Increase Vulnerability Of Men To COVID-19 Infection

https://www.ibtimes.com/recent-study-sh ... on-2961520
You might want to read the full article. The peer reviews contradicts the study about testicles.

prodigyplace

Post by prodigyplace » Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:56 am

CPAP / BiPAP is preferable instead of invasive ventilators. Quote is from a different summary of the paper.
The recommendation is that guidelines be adjusted to discourage invasive ventilation unless a patient is physically struggling to breathe, rather than relying strictly on oxygen levels; otherwise, the use of non-invasive ventilation, such as CPAP and BiPAP, should be encouraged. When invasive ventilation is used, oxygen levels should be minimized in order to reduce the risk of damaging healthy tissue.
https://www.ajtmh.org/content/journals/ ... mh.20-0283

Please visit our sponsor, CPAP.com at https://www.cpap.com/ for all your CPAP needs.

McSleepy

Post by McSleepy » Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:54 am

I didn't see this mentioned here. Apparently, silent hypoxia (just Google it) is now being considered a major factor in early onset COVID-19. Since the condition is generally asymptomatic or with lesser and atypical or common to other conditions symptoms (e.g., with the elderly), it is not obvious and not many are specifically looking for it (yet), but it may be crucial for early detection of the disease in many cases. Silent hypoxia is claimed to account for a lot of those sudden deaths (often undiagnosed until too late or at all) and accounting for a part of the deadliness of COVID-19. Luckily, many people here are already aware of its symptoms (fatigue, feeling disoriented, numbness, nausea) and are already doing something that could help - checking your oxygen saturation levels with a pulse oximeter; it's easy, cheap and can't hurt. If this turns out to be as significant as it seems, it may be worth bringing more awareness to it.

I wonder if the next hoarding phase will involve pulse oximeters...

Be safe and stay healthy!
McSleepy

Last edited by McSleepy on Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto; Puritan-Bennett Breeze nasal pillow mask; healthy, active, middle-aged man; tall, athletic build; stomach sleeper; on CPAP since 2003; lives @ 5000 ft; surgically-corrected deviated septum and turbinates; regular nasal washes

DreamDiver

Post by DreamDiver » Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:05 am

McSleepy wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:54 am
I wonder if the next hoarding phase will involve pulse oximeters...

McSleepy
Try buying a preferred recording oximeter now. It's near impossible. They're all out. ;)

Most members of this forum are wonderful.
However, if you are the target of bullying on this forum, please consider these excellent alternative forums:
Apnea Board
Sleep Apnea Talk Forum
Free CPAP Advice

Be well,
Chris

DreamDiver

Post by DreamDiver » Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:34 am

This seems useful...

A plan to defeat coronavirus finally emerges, but it’s not from the White House
https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2 ... -strategy/

However, if you are the target of bullying on this forum, please consider these excellent alternative forums:
Apnea Board
Sleep Apnea Talk Forum
Free CPAP Advice

Be well,
Chris

babydinosnoreless

Post by babydinosnoreless » Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:01 am

DreamDiver wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:34 am
This seems useful...

Nope. Invasion of privacy! Turning off my cell phone and leaving it home when I leave the house. I will not be tracked by government !

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:00 pm

babydinosnoreless wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:01 am
DreamDiver wrote:
This seems useful...

Nope. Invasion of privacy! Turning off my cell phone and leaving it home when I leave the house. I will not be tracked by government !
"I don't care who I injure or kill."

Last edited by palerider on Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Get OSCAR

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

DreamDiver

Post by DreamDiver » Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:12 pm

palerider wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:00 pm
babydinosnoreless wrote:
DreamDiver wrote:
This seems useful...

I don't care who I injure or kill.
:lol: :lol:
Okay, I hear you...
But first, it's not the government, it's an NGO.
Second, the government already has been tracking you.
Third, without vaccines, without contact tracing and immunoassays, how would you manage a pandemic?

Apnea Board
Sleep Apnea Talk Forum
Free CPAP Advice

Be well,
Chris

babydinosnoreless

Post by babydinosnoreless » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:05 pm

palerider wrote:
babydinosnoreless wrote:
DreamDiver wrote:
This seems useful...

"I don't care who I injure or kill."
:roll: :roll: stay home then. I don't tell you how to live your life why do you want to dictate how I live mine ? There is no law that I know of anywhere in America that says I must carry a cell phone when I leave my house. My life, my choice.

babydinosnoreless

Post by babydinosnoreless » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:59 pm

DreamDiver wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:12 pm
palerider wrote:
babydinosnoreless wrote:
DreamDiver wrote:
This seems useful...

I don't care who I injure or kill.
:lol: :lol:
Okay, I hear you...
But first, it's not the government, it's an NGO.
Second, the government already has been tracking you.
Third, without vaccines, without contact tracing and immunoassays, how would you manage a pandemic?

IMO it is not the federal governments job. "the Bill of Rights' 10th Amendment holds that all rights and powers not specifically reserved to Congress by Article I, Section 8, of the Constitution or to be shared concurrently by the federal and state governments are reserved by either the states or by the people."

What works for New York is very different than what works in Arizona. We have over 7 million people and a little over 200 deaths that includes the northern part of the state where the Navajo and other tribes are. We have doctors and nurses laid off because elective surgeries are canceled and our hospitals are virtually empty!
A9B35A47-28F9-496B-9FB2-D7062C9CA71E.jpeg
We had a pandemic response plan that was well thought out and in place. We had 2000 ventilators in stock, we haven't even needed 200. Why are we paying the price for other states ?

zonker

Post by zonker » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:48 pm

good news from my neck of the woods!

Gov. Inslee relaxes restrictions on construction during stay-at-home order

https://mynorthwest.com/1833885/gov-ins ... ion-sites/

for those of you not familiar with my situation, have been in a vrbo (and an rv before that) waiting for our house to be done. we are having a former shop converted to living quarters. now maybe in can get started.

and BELIEVE me, i don't want anyone to die just so i can have a house. the article i linked contains the proposed 30 point document that shows job sire requirements. that can be found also here-

https://www.governor.wa.gov/sites/defau ... nal%29.pdf
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

jnk...

Post by jnk... » Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:23 pm

Those who leave cell at home or opt out simply won't be notified anonymously of having been exposed to the virus. It is information for yourself you would be denying yourself. Your choice, if you'd rather not know that you could likely be infecting your loved ones.

You are already being tracked by the technology, as DD said, so the only question is whether you want to get some benefit out of that yourself or not.

What would have worked a lot better for New York is if it had been ahead of the game with stay-at-home, as Arizona now has the chance to be. Scientific evidence is that KNOWN cases and KNOWN deaths say little to nothing about how extensive the spread of the virus truly is in any given location at any given moment. Deaths are an especially lagging indicator that says nothing much about the present need to lovingly provide safety to the at-risk population.

Not overwhelming hospitals is not the primary issue for those of us at high risk with our decisions about protecting the lives of us and our loved ones. Dying on a high-volume day (in a high-volume state) or dying on a low-volume day (in a low-volume state) is the same sort of dead, after all, either way. And until there is a workable vaccine and treatment, protecting lives works the same everywhere for everyone for a global pandemic in which no-symptom spreaders kill those around them, often as an expression of their personal rights to do so.

I have lost dear friends to COVID-19 at the virus-infected hands of others who insisted on selfishly acting as if COVID-19 weren't happening. So I am a little touchy on the subject right now. Sorry about that.
-Jeff (AS10/P30i)

Accounts to put on the foe list: Me. I often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:29 pm

babydinosnoreless wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:05 pm
:roll: :roll: stay home then. I don't tell you how to live your life why do you want to dictate how I live mine ? There is no law that I know of anywhere in America that says I must carry a cell phone when I leave my house. My life, my choice.
Your freedom to do what you want stops when you risk other peoples lives.

You're *SO CONCERNED* about your "freedoms" that you *do not care* about others.

Glad I'm nowhere close, seriously.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:34 pm

jnk... wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:23 pm
Not overwhelming hospitals is not the primary issue for those of us at high risk with our decisions about protecting the lives of us and our loved ones. Dying on a high-volume day (in a high-volume state) or dying on a low-volume day (in a low-volume state) is the same sort of dead, after all, either way. And until there is a workable vaccine and treatment, protecting lives works the same everywhere for everyone for a global pandemic in which no-symptom spreaders kill those around them, often as an expression of their personal rights to do so.

I have lost dear friends to COVID-19 at the virus-infected hands of others who insisted on selfishly acting as if COVID-19 weren't happening. So I am a little touchy on the subject right now. Sorry about that.
DON'T BE!

Dying isn't all there is, the latest is strokes in younger people, and blood clots... (well, I guess that's where the strokes are coming from.

But hey, I guess if FREEDOM people want to risk their families, who'm I to try and stop them... they can be infecting people for up to two weeks without even knowing it... if they even show symptoms. *shrugs*.

It's clear that some people don't give a crap about others.

babydinosnoreless

Post by babydinosnoreless » Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:09 am

palerider wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:29 pm
babydinosnoreless wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:05 pm
Your freedom to do what you want stops when you risk other peoples lives.

You're *SO CONCERNED* about your "freedoms" that you *do not care* about others.

Glad I'm nowhere close, seriously.

How am I risking anyones life NO ONE here is sick! I know zero people who have been sick, my friends , relatives, their friends and relatives know zero people who are sick, the local fb groups know zero people sick, what we know is people are suffering. The mom begging people to buy food for her because her little ones have zero food, all the shut in seniors who have canceled "elective" but very necessary surgeries, my nurse and teacher friends who have no jobs or income. My own 60 year old husband who is laid off while our retirement accounts are now worth half of what they were. We no longer have any health insurance. I see lots and lots of suffering. Many people trying to sell their worldly goods, to feed their families, while our fkng hospitals are sitting empty. So don't you judge me. Don't you judge any of us protesting no matter how small like leaving our phones home. There are things worse than dying. Personally I'd rather be dead than be a burden on my family or on society. If I get sick I will gladly give my ventilator to someone younger and in better shape. I'd rather face death. Just so you know PR I have a DNR on file so I won't be taking anyones resources.

Anyone who wants to block me for my opinion please do so but I won't shut up and be silent. That is not who I am. I believe in the bill of rights, our constitution and I am not going to toss it out for a pandemic.

Jnk I'm sorry you had friends die. That is awful. Sending you virtual hugs and positive thoughts. While I don't agree with your views I can absolutely empathize with it and see why you might think differently. I hope you stay safe.