Difficulty getting started

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Atom

Re: Difficulty getting started

Post by Atom » Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:44 am

screenshot-20200418-053722.png
screenshot-20200418-053722.png (112.11 KiB) Viewed 11250 times
Finally some sleep with the machine on. What does it say?

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:22 am

You've got it into APAP mode, but your range is not set correctly. Your minimum is way too low.

The bulk of your events came at around 21:50. Your machine was increasing pressure, but couldn't get to where it needed to be fast enough because it was set to low.

Set your minimum pressure to 9.

Atom

Post by Atom » Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:42 am

Dog Slobber wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:22 am
You've got it into APAP mode, but your range is not set correctly. Your minimum is way too low.

The bulk of your events came at around 21:50. Your machine was increasing pressure, but couldn't get to where it needed to be fast enough because it was set to low.

Set your minimum pressure to 9.
Will do. I thought I had the max set to 12, but it has clearly gone higher. I'll double check that. How high is enough?

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:53 am

Set the minimum to 9 and the maximum to 20.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Jas_williams

Post by Jas_williams » Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:13 am

Atom based on your graph the minimum was set at 4 not 12, follow Pugsy’s advice and set the minimum pressure to 9

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:25 am

Minimum of 7 might be enough....so if 9 is too much to jump to in one chunk...try 7.
7 was essentially the new minimum the machine ended up doing on its own anyway.
It never really went back down to the 4ish area even though it could have. It didn't because too much obstructive stuff was going on for it to be okay with going back down any more.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Atom

Post by Atom » Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:13 am

I don't understand why my settings keep changing to something other than what I set them at. Setting them is not difficult. I will have to discuss with Apria.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:20 am

The 4 to 20 settings are the default settings for auto mode.

Again if you changed the minimum and it reverted to the 4....there's a good chance that something is written to the SD card overriding any changes you make. Only way to fix that issue is erase the card...if that is happening.
ResScan software allows for settings to be written on the SD card that will keep overriding any manual changes that might be made.
So there are 2 ways to remotely alter the settings...over the web using the modem or having hidden software instructions on the SD card itself.

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:47 am

As previously suggested, take a picture of the settings you just changed.

It doesn't make sense that Remote or Automated is just changing things randomly. If they were changing things, they would be setting things back to the original prescription.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:59 am

Dog Slobber wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:47 am
It doesn't make sense that Remote or Automated is just changing things randomly. If they were changing things, they would be setting things back to the original prescription.
It wouldn't be impossible for the SD card to have the default settings of 4/20 written into the script for auto mode using ResScan.
It is of course possible that with all the button pushing there was user error.
Been there and done that in the calendar and I swore I didn't do it but I was the only one who could have done it.

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:29 am

Pugsy wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:59 am
Dog Slobber wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:47 am
It wouldn't be impossible for the SD card to have the default settings of 4/20 written into the script for auto mode using ResScan.
It is of course possible that with all the button pushing there was user error.
Been there and done that in the calendar and I swore I didn't do it but I was the only one who could have done it.
Yes, it's possible that the SD Card could set it to 4/20.

But every time OP has been setting his machine, he's getting a different setting. Had it been the SD card it would always have been 4 /20 APAP mode.

His first post it was set to Fixed - 9 cm
You then asked him to set to 6/20, he posted a Fixed 9 asking if it was right.
He then posted a Fixed 12,
A Fixed 20, Fixed 16,
Finally a 4/20

He responded to being asked to set his minimum to 9, with "but I thought I set my max to 12"

All those changes are not consistent with DME remote changes, nor automated SD card changes. They are consistent with somebody having trouble setting his machine. I'm not trying to vilify him for setting his machine incorrectly. I'm trying to get him on the right track, by setting his machine properly.

He has to be more vigilant about setting his machine properly, taking a picture would ensure that's what's happening.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:34 am

Dog Slobber wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:29 am
But every time OP has been setting his machine, he's getting a different setting. Had it been the SD card it would always have been 4 /20 APAP mode.
Not necessarily ...there can be 2 Rx written on the card. One for fixed mode and one for auto mode. In theory anyway. ResScan can do it.

Though I have to agree...my first thought is user is missing something.

Atom

Post by Atom » Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:00 am

Settings.PNG
Settings.PNG (98.19 KiB) Viewed 11219 times

Jas_williams

Post by Jas_williams » Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:27 am

Right now unplug it and plug it back in and make sure it’s still set that way then it will hopefully be good to go there is no need to have the max any lower than 20

Atom

Post by Atom » Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:01 pm

I have replaced the SD card with a clean one.

I have question. When I'm sleeping or tying to, I try to keep my mouth closed and sealed off from my airway. I can breath through my mouth and nose if I want, but I'd rather just breath through my nose. If my mouth is open, it gets very dry and the CPAP pressure expands my cheeks which is somewhat uncomfortable. I've tried a chinstrap to keep my mouth closed, but it tends to pull backwards on my jaw, which I do not want.

How do people deal with this? Duct tape?