Asv pacewave machine not working all night and other isues. Thank you if you can help me

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Alexander112

Asv pacewave machine not working all night and other isues. Thank you if you can help me

Post by Alexander112 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:21 am

Hello my friends I dont usually ever sleep good and if anyone can help me thank you so much. I want to thank the other people for helping me before.

1. When I use the asv pacewave my machine doesnt keep blowing air or working the whole time. When i wake up i find out its not working. Is there a setting I am meant to have on for it to be on all night? It also does ths with the phillips dreamstation I have. Is it because you have to breathe in for the machine to blow air?

2. I have a slightly sore chest when I wake up after using the machine for my central apnea. Do you know if these settings are ideal?

Min epap
Max epap
Min ps
Max ps

I feel like I could have better settings because while it makes me better I dont feel fully rested from all the breath holding I did. My brain isnt telling my stomach or lungs to breathe when I relax or am sleeping.

3. It makes me cough after using it. It is a used machine.
I set humidity level at 8 and temperature at 30 degrees. Is there any other reason why it could make me do this? I feel no cougging problem when I use the cpap ans the air feels abit smoother on the other.

LSAT

Re: Asv pacewave machine not working all night and other isues. Thank you if you can help me

Post by LSAT » Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:48 am

Why did you buy an ASV machine? What was your diagnosis when you were diagnosed with sleep apnea? Did you have a sleep study?

Jas_williams

Re: Asv pacewave machine not working all night and other isues. Thank you if you can help me

Post by Jas_williams » Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:58 pm

Download OSCAR and make sure you have an SD card in the machine we can then see what is happening when you are asleep