Preference for a bi-level? Are there bricks I need to watch out for?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
ejackson1200

Preference for a bi-level? Are there bricks I need to watch out for?

Post by ejackson1200 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:30 pm

Husband's been on cpap resmed S9 8-20 for the pressure, with a Quattro FX FF mask for almost 10 yrs with 3L of oxygen at night- no oxygen during the day. He didn't feel well this week and when I checked it his o2Sat was 88. Albuterol treatment and 2L o2 didn't help much so Dr had him go into ER thinking maybe covid. Winds up he has a small pulmonary embolism but they don't really think that's why his O2 sat is bouncing around from 80-96. They have put him on 3L to maintain him at 90 and above and moved him to another floor to trial a bipap. (He has no known lung issues.) If they decide he needs the bipap -he's on medicare- he would discharge with it, probably tomorrow, which is why I'm asking straight up about what one to push for as with the cpap we were originally given a brick that only recorded hours of usage. Within days I found this board, read allot, and was able to get it swapped. He is compliant for usage and on a Plan C medicare plan.

Recommendations? Are there bricks I need to avoid?

Eileen Resmed 9 as well pressure of 4 Dreamware nasal

palerider

Re: Preference for a bi-level? Are there bricks I need to watch out for?

Post by palerider » Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:07 pm

There are no bilevel bricks.

A Resmed Aircurve 10 VAuto would be the machine of choice, if there were no other lung issues that necessitated a different machine.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

ejackson1200

Re: Preference for a bi-level? Are there bricks I need to watch out for?

Post by ejackson1200 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:55 am

Thank you. There are no known lung issues and we’ve done well with our Resmed S9’s so staying with the Resmed sounds good to me.