How to get an ASV, Ontario Canada

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Greg543

How to get an ASV, Ontario Canada

Post by Greg543 » Thu May 07, 2020 12:55 pm

Hi all,

I've been on Cpap, Apap and Bipap for 3 years now. Nothing makes my AHI go down. My AHI is always between 8-11.

My machine says I have a lot of centrals.

My question is if anyone knows if I can get a VPAP paid for in Ontario Canada? I'm a teacher, so I have good insurance.

I called the person who sold me my Machine and she told me I can't get it paid for. That OHIP and my insurance won't cover it.

Is this true?

Any advice on centrals?

Thanks

Greg

Julie

Re: How to get an ASV, Ontario Canada

Post by Julie » Thu May 07, 2020 3:47 pm

Please read the posts at the top of the main page - you'll find out how to download free Oscar software and how to post your results here so we can help interpret what's going on when you sleep - that way we can help you adjust anything that might need tweaking to make your sleep better. Too often people accept the machine with settings entered by the dealers according to the doctors, who don't understand how the machines work so don't prescribe useful numbers, and patients come here with your complaints never feeling any better. Once we have an idea what's what we'll give you more info on what to do - many people believe they have central apnea when in fact, they do not, even if they have a few centrals at certain times in their sleep cycle, but other factors are responsible for their not doing well and Oscar (free) can help sort it out.

Also, please enter your info asked for on the Profile page of your membership and it'll appear each time you post so we can all have that to go on.

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Thu May 07, 2020 6:45 pm

Here is the link of the devices covered by OHIP's ADP program.

http://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/pro/prog ... manual.pdf

There aren't any ASV machines listed, but there are some VPAP machines.

As Julie suggested, consider posing some graphs, people here might be able to improve your therapy.

Hose_Head

Post by Hose_Head » Fri May 08, 2020 1:59 pm

Greg543 wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 12:55 pm
Hi all,

I've been on Cpap, Apap and Bipap for 3 years now. Nothing makes my AHI go down. My AHI is always between 8-11.

My machine says I have a lot of centrals.

My question is if anyone knows if I can get a VPAP paid for in Ontario Canada? I'm a teacher, so I have good insurance.

I called the person who sold me my Machine and she told me I can't get it paid for. That OHIP and my insurance won't cover it.

Is this true?

Any advice on centrals?

Thanks

Greg
Not sure that OHIP - ADP will pay for one. Have you checked their requirements? They are listed online.

You will need a sleep doctor to prescribe exactly what you want; be specific. If your conditions do not meet the requirements for OHIP - ADP, and if the sleep doctor will write the prescription, then you could buy one and pay for it out of your own pocket. You could even try submitting the receipt for the purchase to your employer benefit plan for reimbursement. But I'd check with them before buying because it's my guess they won't cover it unless OHIP did too.
I'm workin' on it.

klv329

Post by klv329 » Sat May 09, 2020 1:55 pm

If justin won't help out, maybe try the secondary market.

https://fortmyers.craigslist.org/lee/ha ... 43087.html