OSCAR v1.1.1 is Released

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
bonjour

OSCAR v1.1.1 is Released

Post by bonjour » Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:22 pm

We just released OSCAR v1.1.1
This is now the most current version. You may need to refresh the cache to download.

Changes and fixes in OSCAR v1.1.1
Portions of OSCAR are © 2019-2020 by The OSCAR Team
[new] 5 Additional Philips Respironics devices tested and fully supported: (they are listed in the Release Notes inside OSCAR)
Note: Ventilator alarms are not currently imported.

[new] Add the "peak flow" channel reported by pre-DreamStation ventilators.
[new] Automatically detect and resolve graphics-related crashes on Windows.
[new] Support AVAPS in the Overview pressure chart.
[new] Added Italian and Turkish translations.
[fix] Fix missing bars in the Overview pressure chart for Philips Respironics devices.
[fix] Add missing Philips Respironics pressure channels to CSV export.
[fix] Fix zero Philips Respironics AHI in CSV session export.
[fix] Add support for the Bi-Flex lock setting on pre-DreamStation ventilators.
[fix] Fix the pressure waveform scale for the BiPAP autoSV Advanced 30 (960T)
[fix] Add support for rise time mode on DreamStation BiPAP devices (600X-700X).
[fix] Remove the ramp time and pressure settings when the ramp is disabled on pre-DreamStation devices.
[fix] Improve import of Philips Respironics oximetry data.
[fix] Fix VS2 index shown on the Daily page for Philips Respironics machines.
[fix] Fix occasional failure to save imported Viatom data.
[fix] Fix a recurring database upgrade prompt.
[fix] Fix an occasional crash when importing Resmed data.
[fix] Add bounds error checking to Resmed input processing.
[fix] Fix STR.edf file backup to avoid loss of settings data.
[fix] Fix Backup Journal to format XML properly.
[fix] In flow rate graph, don't show duration for events with no duration.
[fix] Fix pressure settings in Overview graph reported as a huge negative number.

Changes and fixes in OSCAR v1.1.0
Portions of OSCAR are © 2019-2020 by The OSCAR Team
This is the second major release of OSCAR (Full details are contained in the Release Notes inside OSCAR)
Extensive overhaul of the Philips Respironics System One and ResMed importers
Easy to alter Chart Order to Standard (Default) or Advanced (Breathing Stats for advanced /Bilevel Machines)
Preferences changed to easily turn on and off PieChart and Calandar
Automatically set sidebars for F12 Screenshot.
Fixed many importers
View/Reset graphs now resets all Graphs and events
A lot of data corrections
A lot of fixes in general, See the release notes in Help - About OSCAR for more details.

Many of the changes that have occurred have resulted from input from you, the users of OSCAR. Keep them coming in.

Miss Emerita

Re: OSCAR v1.1.1 is Released

Post by Miss Emerita » Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:53 pm

Just a note to thank you for all that you and the Oscar team are doing to improve the lives of so many people around the world. Especially during a time of so much fear and worry, this kind of dedication to the well-being of others stands as a clarion call to all of us.
Oscar software is available at https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR/

deerhound

Post by deerhound » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:41 am

Wow! Great job.

AHI:
Untreated 156
Treated 1.1

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:22 am

Just posting to give due props to all of the development team!

OSCAR is progressing faster and the team is more responsive to suggestions and bugs at an unprecedented speed.

For me personally; in OSCAR 1.1.0 there was an import error that prevented me from using OSCAR. I reported the bug, provided data and now here we are less than two months later, the problem solved.

Lefrancais

Post by Lefrancais » Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:08 pm

Thank you very much for all the work you are doing!

Respiration99

Post by Respiration99 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:27 pm

Heartfelt thanks to all those working on the Oscar project! You would need to go a long way to find a more professional, dedicated and collaborative team - and they do it all pro bono!

kjvh2004

Post by kjvh2004 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:03 pm

Thank you for all your hard work on this! I wont lie...part of what made me most excited, was going to the download page, and seeing a RaspberryPi OS version....even if only experimental. Will definitely be trying that out. :)

Norma45

Post by Norma45 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:38 pm

Hi, I am just putting these here so they are known/tracked.

Potential Bug - Somnopose - seems to only be visible right after it was loaded into Oscar. It is not there the next day (verified several times).

AHI chart... Not sure what this is representing so I am not sure how to read it. I was told it was not one that has been worked on a lot.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:10 pm

Norma45 wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:38 pm
AHI chart... Not sure what this is representing so I am not sure how to read it. I was told it was not one that has been worked on a lot.
The AHI graph/chart is just an hourly recording of the number of events during a 60 minute period. It resets every 60 minutes.
It's not a particularly useful data point unless someone has a dense cluster and they wonder how many happened. Even then might not reflect things well.
Same information in more detail is available in the Events tab statistics.

For me the AHI graph is pretty much useless and I just turn it off so it doesn't clutter up the other graph viewing.
I can already tell by the Events graph and flagging approximately how many events I had within any time frame I want to worry about.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

BlueDragon

Post by BlueDragon » Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:02 pm

Norma45 wrote:
Potential Bug - Somnopose - seems to only be visible right after it was loaded into Oscar. It is not there the next day (verified several times).
Thank you for the report. We'll get this taken care of by the next release.

OSCAR 1.5.1 is the latest release.
OSCAR Team
ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto, F&P Brevida.
FlashAir SD and FlashPap for data transfer.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:25 am

Norma45 wrote:
It's one of the most useless charts and really should be removed, it's there for people that can't look at the event flags and see "oh, there's a bunch of flags here"

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Norma45

Post by Norma45 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:32 pm

I wanted to post some kudos for this group. Whether intentional or an unintentional feature, I was able to something nifty.
I used two phones with somnopose last night (trying to see if head position affects back sleeping as I my AHIs can be 2 or 7 evenly distributed across a 1-2 hours back sleeping chunk) - so one on my head and one on my chest.
I was able to upload the somnopose from both phones in to OSCAR - and clearly see both in the charts. A very nice unexpected surprise.
Yes, the lines crossed at one point but based on patterns I could take an educated guess of which was which (doing a screen shot of that portion of the chart before adding in the second one would have given me a more sure answer, so I will try to remember that for the future).

Anyway, I just wanted to say a nice (though likely unplanned) feature of OSCAR. :D
[IMO, someone should say "oh, yeah, I intentionally put that in there knowing someone at some point would find it very valuable". To which I would reply "Great Insight to how your customers use your product - much appreciated".]

Norma45

Post by Norma45 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:43 am

Potential Bug report - The set device identifier for the Oximeter screen needs more allowable characters for that field.

If the device identifier for the oximeter is not entered into Oscar, the choice "import directly from a recording on a device" will display a pop up box that starts with "Oximeter name is different.....".
I believe that the device identifier for my oximeter CMS50F37 - I say this because I get this text while it is loading (see attached file).
Screen Shot 2020-06-09 at 2.10.14 PM.png
The Oximeter Import Wizard, at the first screen has the choice to set the device identifier.

However, that field only will allow 7 characters and not the 8 characters of my device (CMS50F37). No more letters can be typed after the first 7 are entered.
Thanks for checking this out - Norma.

BlueDragon

Post by BlueDragon » Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:57 am

Norma45 wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:43 am
Potential Bug report - The set device identifier for the Oximeter screen needs more allowable characters for that field.

If the device identifier for the oximeter is not entered into Oscar, the choice "import directly from a recording on a device" will display a pop up box that starts with "Oximeter name is different.....".
This is a known problem, along with problems with direct import. Oximeter import is on our list of issues to be addressed by the next release,

OSCAR 1.5.1 is the latest release.
OSCAR Team
ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto, F&P Brevida.
FlashAir SD and FlashPap for data transfer.

Bookbear

Post by Bookbear » Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:50 pm

Miss Emerita wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:53 pm
Just a note to thank you for all that you and the Oscar team are doing to improve the lives of so many people around the world. Especially during a time of so much fear and worry, this kind of dedication to the well-being of others stands as a clarion call to all of us.
What she said! Kudos and thanks
Mark