Hello

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Snorkleman57

Hello

Post by Snorkleman57 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:03 am

Hello everyone, I’m new here and just wanted to say hello. I’m looking forward to my machine getting here on Monday so I can start sleeping through the night. I’ve been reading the posts here for the past couple of days and there is some great information that you all provide. I know it’s going to take some getting used to, but I’m up for the challenge. My sleeping has been horrible for the past month, and my sleep study determined that I’m at 80 events. My doctor rushed this through, so I’ll be all hooked up in a couple of days. Meantime she suggested that I sleep in a 45 degree angle, and that has been helping. Nice to be here and able to get some useful information with any issues I may have along the way. Hope everyone is resting easy today. Thanks for having me👍

Okie bipap

Re: Hello

Post by Okie bipap » Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:10 am

Welcome to the forum. When you do get your mahine, come back to this thread and update your profile to show which machine and mask you are using. For the first few weeks, try to keep your posts here in one lplace. That will help us help you get off to a good start. You will find a lot of help here. Some of the people will take you by the hand and lead you slowly and carefully on your CPAP journey. Others take a more direct approach to how they offer help. As long as you don't get offended easily and follow the advice given, you can make your journey easier han doing it on your own.

Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional.

Sheriff Buford

Post by Sheriff Buford » Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:30 am

Welcome! Work all the issues you have here. Remember... there are no dumb questions!

Sheriff

Miss Emerita

Post by Miss Emerita » Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:08 am

Welcome, Snorkleman! From your profile information, it looks like you have an excellent machine and mask coming your way. Here are a few suggestions about starting out.

Set your machine up outside your bedroom, put your mask on, and hook yourself up. Read, watch TV, use your devices -- do things that are pleasant for you and distracting. The sensations of the CPAP are novel, and encountering them for the first time while you're lying in the dark and trying to sleep isn't optimal. You can even wait a day or two before trying night-time use.

Ask your doc what your pressure settings are, and request a copy of your sleep study. (In the U.S., you are entitled to one.) This information may be quite useful down the road a little.

If you have a laptop or desktop, download the Oscar software: https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR/ Check to make sure there's an SD card in the slot on the left side of your machine. If there isn't one there, buy one. If your computer doesn't have an SD card reader, buy one of those two. These steps will get you ready to use exceptionally valuable data to improve your treatment experience.
Oscar software is available at https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR/

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:47 am

Sheriff Buford wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:30 am
Welcome! Work all the issues you have here. Remember... there are no dumb questions!

Sheriff
Well, not all at least. But a lot explained over and over because too many are too lazy to read the posted answers in the posts. When you get your machine get Oscar. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

tlohse

Post by tlohse » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:30 am

If you have a computer or iphone you can use the Resmed App My Air with your ResMed Airsense 10 Cpap Machine. If thats the machine you have make sure its the one that says auto set on it. and most of all welcome to the forums and keep using the cpap nightly. its the best once you get the hang of it. :)
Thomas Lohse
Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 Auto Set With Heated hose and Humidifier
Mask: ResMed AirFit P10 Size M Nasal Pillow with headgear
Mask: ResMed AirFit N30i/P30i
Original Mask: ResMed Mirage FX Nasal
CPAP USER SINCE JUNE 2013