Dents in hair.

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Tippys

Dents in hair.

Post by Tippys » Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:19 pm

Hello,
I have had my cpap machine a little over a year. It’s helped me a lot. I know this is a woman thing probably but I have dents in my hair that won’t wash out. I hate to stop using my machine but have always been very picky about my hair. I called out local supply store today and was told they have never heard of this before. I can’t believe that when I see the marks in others hair also. Please help!

Pugsy

Re: Dents in hair.

Post by Pugsy » Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:40 pm

Probably from your mask straps.

You can get some added padded covers for the straps so the pressure is more diffused and less likely to cause the dents.
You can also make some fairly easily with some fleece material.
If you aren't handy...padacheek has some strap covers you can buy. She makes nice products. I have used her strap covers for the cheek area because I was getting dents in my cheeks.
https://www.padacheek.com/

You might also look at the mask I use...there is a link to it in my equipment profile at the bottom of this post...it doesn't use any straps at all. Nothing on my face or head in the way of straps...no dents anywhere.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Chris8243

Post by Chris8243 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:19 am

Yes, I get dents in my hair and dents in my cheeks! More than a month ago I switched from a full-face mask to a nasal mask. The dent from the full-face (which I'd used for over 2 years) is gonna be permanent. Luckily when I smile you can't see it, so just keep smiling. :D

jimbud

Post by jimbud » Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:44 pm

Chris8243 wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:19 am
Yes, I get dents in my hair and dents in my cheeks! More than a month ago I switched from a full-face mask to a nasal mask. The dent from the full-face (which I'd used for over 2 years) is gonna be permanent. Luckily when I smile you can't see it, so just keep smiling. :D
Great attitude! :D

JPB

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:53 pm

Cosmetic side effects of treating a condition that could otherwise kill me . . .
For me, ignoring them is a no-brainer.
It's easy, too.
My face and hair are forever marked by my nightly ritual.
These days we can cover the damage with a daytime face mask.
Levels the playing field between the beautiful and the relatively normal. :mrgreen:

booksfan

Post by booksfan » Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:40 pm

Like Pugsy, I use the Bleep mask. Solved a myriad a problems for me, among them straps marks on my face and strap acne. As she suggested, you may want to take a look at it.

Mask: Bleep Eclipse/Halos
Machine: ResMed AirSense 11 AutoSet

Sheriff Buford

Post by Sheriff Buford » Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:26 am

Some folks (probably) women (thicker hair) use some sort of stocking cap.

Sheriff

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:50 am

I see no reason for a person to accept dents or marks as a badge of courage to wear just from using cpap if they don't want to.
Heck...I don't want the dents on the cheeks badge of courage until noon myself.
We aren't less of a person because we care about how we look....we do a lot of other stuff to improve how we look (look at the billion dollar cosmetic industry as proof) ...what is so bad about wanting to avoid dents or marks in our face or hair? If we are a little vain....hey, there are worse things in life.
We use all sorts of stuff to improve our appearance...why do we have to be any different just because we have a medical condition that requires us to use something that marks us up and we don't like the marks.

I for one don't want to be told to just suck it up and wear the badge of courage proving how big my balls are....I don't want the dents and since there are ways to reduce or even eliminate them...that's what I am going to do.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

JXG

Post by JXG » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:14 pm

Tippys wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:19 pm
Hello,
I have had my cpap machine a little over a year. It’s helped me a lot. I know this is a woman thing probably but I have dents in my hair that won’t wash out. I hate to stop using my machine but have always been very picky about my hair. I called out local supply store today and was told they have never heard of this before. I can’t believe that when I see the marks in others hair also. Please help!
Which mask are you using?

Cardsfan

Post by Cardsfan » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:29 am

I have a few different masks that I switch use of. That way I don't get the same dents every night. That seems to help. Also, I wash my (short) hair in the morning and fluff it up with some hairspray. Try using a blow dryer with a round brush. Good luck. I use the pad a check products and find I still have some cheek marks, but they are minimized by the pads.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:09 am

I don't blamy my cpap for the lines on my face, I blame the fat that makes them possible.

esel

Post by esel » Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:27 am

chunkyfrog wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:09 am
I don't blamy my cpap for the lines on my face, I blame the fat that makes them possible.
Common chunkyfrog, you too were pretty one of those days. It is not a shame to be pretty look at the Sheriff :lol: :lol: :lol:

Only ME... - :) - Some days sooo slow, some days just running off track ...