Dreamstation Go experiences?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
trichechus

Dreamstation Go experiences?

Post by trichechus » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:03 pm

Hello all,

I've been using a Dreamstation Auto BiPAP for several years, and I'm thinking about getting a Dreamstation Go as a backup/travel machine.  I've read a number of reviews, but I'd really like to get advice from people who have experience with both, ideally BiPAP rather than CPAP.  Would I be better off just getting another standard Dreamstation?

- Can the Dreamstation Go provide as much air pressure as the regular Dreamstation?  Does it draw as much power, or would it last longer on battery power during an outage?

- The Dreamstation Go humidifier is supposed to work with tap water.  How well does this actually work?  How bad is the mineral residue, and does it affect the machine's long or short term operation?

- Any reliability concerns?  I've been very impressed with how my Dreamstation has held up.  I've dropped it a number of times (in its case) during travel, even once had it roll down a flight of airplane steps onto the tarmac, and it just keeps working.  (I could do without the whistling noise when there's no air seal, though.)

- What's a reasonable price for a lightly used model, either Go or standard?  My DME provider won't sell me one without a new sleep study, which I'm not willing to do right now.  I don't mind paying out of pocket.

In non-Covid times I travel about 50% of the time for work, mostly in the US but occasionally overseas.  Not having to hunt down distilled water everywhere would be fantastic, particularly in Europe, where it's expensive when I can find it at all.  (If you're in Dublin, try Meagher's Pharmacy in Barrow St.; it's 18 Euro a liter, but they usually have it in stock.)  However, I'd rather cope with needing distilled water than with inadequate air pressure.

Thanks very much for any input!

Cardsfan

Re: Dreamstation Go experiences?

Post by Cardsfan » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:48 am

Wow- lots of questions. I have a Dreamstation GO and like it. The battery lasts for two- eight hour nights. You can use any drinkable water in any machine. You do not save any space or weight with the GO compared to a Resmed Autosense 10 machine. The GO is heavy and just about as big as a regular cpap when packed with all the mask and hose supplies. I seems to be very sturdy built. I used it with the battery during electrical outages and I also used it on airplanes with the battery. works great for sleeping on a plane. The main reason I got it was the battery to use it on long flights.

trichechus

Post by trichechus » Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:03 pm

Thanks! Two nights on a single battery charge would take a lot of the misery out of major power outages. I'm not too concerned about the weight of the machine, but not having to stow and organize a separate power brick would certainly be more convenient.

I've never actually tried to use a BiPAP on a transatlantic flight, because I worry it would be super noisy, especially with mask leak. I just sleep sitting up (poorly) and plan to fall over and crash as soon as I get to my hotel.

Cardsfan

Post by Cardsfan » Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:43 am

I bought the GO case that holds the machine and battery pack. It is very compact. I put that case inside my Resmed carry case, along with the mask and long hose and electrical cord, when I travel.