Dreamwear nasal cpap mask leak help

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
morny

Dreamwear nasal cpap mask leak help

Post by morny » Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:22 am

I am using this mask and love how comfortable it is that I can toss and turn and barely notice it is on: https://www.cpap.com/productpage/pr-dre ... k-headgear

My problem is when i fall asleep my head hits the pillow and it pushes it slightly out of place. This cases a very mild leak which is annoying as it gives my eye a draft. I can sleep on my back to avoid it but my apnea is worse on my back. Even if I stand up in front of the mirror and just slightly push either side of the mask, you can see how it slightly moves out of place.

I tried getting a big U pillow but it wasnt any help as its where my face touches the pillow it causes it to move. I know it is quite a popular mask so wondering if people have any tips to avoid this?

I will probably get the nostril pillow with the blue gel instead but maybe that has the same issue. Any advice appreciated.
Attachments
mask.PNG
mask.PNG (46.83 KiB) Viewed 1136 times

Julie

Re: Dreamwear nasal cpap mask leak help

Post by Julie » Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:23 am

Cpap Pillow Canada.com has specially designed small pillows to accommodate just what you describe... so take a look and see what you think... many people have used them.

Thumper1947

Post by Thumper1947 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:44 am

I know a number of people who liked the Dreamwear mask very much, including me, but had an issue with the mask not staying in place when you changed positions and leaks developing. It must have happened to a large number of people, because Phillips came out with a new Headgear with arms that solved the problem for me. It prevents the mask from sliding and fits right on your present mask very easily. It works great for me, was super easy to replace the old backstrap, and only costs seventeen dollars on Amazon.
Here's the link. Best of luck.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07YQ ... UTF8&psc=1
Thumper
Mask: Dreamware FF
Machine: Resmed Autosense 10 APAP

morny

Post by morny » Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:27 pm

Ah super stuff, will give that a try so before forking out for the gel pillows. Thanks folks

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:10 pm

Don't buy the gel pillows yet for the DreamWear. I think I have some in the donations box you can just have if I still have them.
Tomorrow I will go look and see if my memory is good or bad. :lol:

Send me a PM with your name and address....that will remind me to go look. :lol: :lol: :lol:

It is very late and I didn't even get 4 hours of sleep last night and no naps today...and once I go to sleep I very likely will forget that I promised to go to the shed and look through the donations box. A PM will remind me.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

cds61953

Post by cds61953 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:52 pm

Need help with Her w/H5i

CPAP humidity setting

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Miss Emerita

Post by Miss Emerita » Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:45 am

cds61953 wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:52 pm
Need help with Her w/H5i

CPAP humidity setting

Hello and welcome. Could you start your own thread? Use a subject line that helps people see what your questions are about. That way you'll get the help you're looking for.

And could you say more about what issue you're having with the humidity setting?

One last little chore: could you fill out your profile with your machine and mask info? That way it'll be there for people to see each time you post.
Oscar software is available at https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR/

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:52 am

Miss Emerita wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:45 am
cds61953 wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:52 pm
Need help with Her w/H5i

CPAP humidity setting

Hello and welcome. Could you start your own thread? Use a subject line that helps people see what your questions are about. That way you'll get the help you're looking for.

And could you say more about what issue you're having with the humidity setting?

One last little chore: could you fill out your profile with your machine and mask info? That way it'll be there for people to see each time you post.
I think it was spam...there was a picture that showed an obvious link to cart for the S9 for Her model machine in one of cpap.com's online competitors and that was all that was posted along with the brief text. I removed the image showing the competitor's link. :lol: :lol:
That particular competitor has been doing that a lot lately but I left the text instead of blocking the entire post and poster just in case it wasn't spam. I think it was a sneaky way to get the competitor's url addy in front of us. So I edited it out...just in case.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Miss Emerita

Post by Miss Emerita » Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:34 pm

Pugsy, I learn something new from you every day!
Oscar software is available at https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR/

edatlanta

Post by edatlanta » Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:14 am

Thumper1947 wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:44 am
I know a number of people who liked the Dreamwear mask very much, including me, but had an issue with the mask not staying in place when you changed positions and leaks developing. It must have happened to a large number of people, because Phillips came out with a new Headgear with arms that solved the problem for me. It prevents the mask from sliding and fits right on your present mask very easily. It works great for me, was super easy to replace the old backstrap, and only costs seventeen dollars on Amazon.
Here's the link. Best of luck.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07YQ ... UTF8&psc=1
Thumper
Totally agree with the arms headgear.

DreamWear Nasal Pillow headgear with Arms