Which of these two BiPAP's are the best?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
jnk...

Re: Which of these two BiPAP's are the best?

Post by jnk... » Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:50 pm

I was using idiot as a generic term. You may need to expand your search parameters to include brand-specific variations in nomenclature.

And back when I used VPAP, I found it provided great BiPAP therapy as a BPAP in a bilevel sort of way.

* Smiles as he scrapes his fingernails across the blackboard and watches PAP-nerd heads explode all across the forum. *

If someone mentioned bilevel alone, I would remind them also to search for BiPAP, BPAP, and VPAP, too.
Last edited by jnk... on Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-Jeff (AS10/P30i)

Accounts to put on the foe list: Me. I often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:59 pm

jnk... wrote: ↑
Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:50 pm
I was using idiot as a generic term. You may need to expand your search parameters to include brand-specific variations in nomenclature.
Smart ass. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Let me work on it...maybe I can come up with something for you to argue with me about. :lol: :lol:
My husband tries but doesn't get very far and gives up quickly. :shock: Too many years of getting the verbal crap beat out of him I suspect. He still tries every now and then though. Most recently about 20 minutes ago... :lol:

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

jnk...

Post by jnk... » Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:11 pm

Pugsy wrote: ↑
Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:59 pm
Smart ass.
We all have to choose our roles in the forum based on what we feel our talent is. :P :lol:

I used to try to be the nice guy. Then Zonker stole all my thunder.
-Jeff (AS10/P30i)

Accounts to put on the foe list: Me. I often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

zonker

Post by zonker » Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:41 pm

Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:11 pm
Pugsy wrote: ↑
Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:59 pm
Smart ass.
We all have to choose our roles in the forum based on what we feel our talent is. :P :lol:

I used to try to be the nice guy. Then Zonker stole all my thunder.

i'm not the nice guy.

YOU are, you idiot.
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

jnk...

Post by jnk... » Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:44 pm

zonker wrote: ↑
Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:41 pm

i'm not the nice guy.

YOU are, you idiot.
Oh.

OK.

Thanks.

It was very nice of you to point that out.
-Jeff (AS10/P30i)

zonker

Post by zonker » Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:48 pm

Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:44 pm
zonker wrote: ↑
Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:41 pm

i'm not the nice guy.

YOU are, you idiot.
Oh.

OK.

Thanks.

It was very nice of you to point that out.

OR

people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:49 pm

Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:55 pm
I don't mind people being anal. I just mind people berating other people for not being equally as anal.

Clarification is great. Forcing non-pros to talk like pros on a public board strikes me as unwelcoming to non-pros,
I encourage people to use the right terminology because when you use the wrong names for things, you get substandard results when you're searching for answers on the internet as a newbie.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:51 pm

bombayone wrote: ↑
Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:26 pm
Thanks JNK - great comments.
And there, JNK, is the most damning judgement of your commentary.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

jnk...

Post by jnk... » Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:01 pm

palerider wrote: ↑
Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:49 pm
Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:55 pm
I don't mind people being anal. I just mind people berating other people for not being equally as anal.

Clarification is great. Forcing non-pros to talk like pros on a public board strikes me as unwelcoming to non-pros,
I encourage people to use the right terminology because when you use the wrong names for things, you get substandard results when you're searching for answers on the internet as a newbie.
Actually, my understanding is that when a significantly large segment of the population, both pro and public, very often use a certain name for something, it is best to INCLUDE it in your search, whether some consider it technically "wrong" or not. Leave out the search term BiPAP and you will miss much that has been said about bilevel in general in posts, articles, and scientific papers.

But then again, I never really scored any recognized belt colors in Google Fu. I have a team of search ninjas for that. (Or maybe they are just a bunch of chimpanzees on manual typewriters. Either way.) Even certain common misspells should be included to find comprehensive technical info, if you put any terms in quotes. Or so they tell me.
Last edited by jnk... on Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Jeff (AS10/P30i)

jnk...

Post by jnk... » Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:06 pm

Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:51 pm
bombayone wrote: ↑
Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:26 pm
Thanks JNK - great comments.
And there, JNK, is the most damning judgement of your commentary.
Hey, I'll take it.

Thanks, bombayone!

I appreciate your careful terminology, PR. I have learned from you.
-Jeff (AS10/P30i)

raisedfist

Post by raisedfist » Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:06 pm

For 10/5, rate 8bpm, you would want the AirCurve 10 ST machine. Must we derail every thread with petty, pointless arguments? :lol:

PS Min 6, PS Max 18, EPAP Min 4, EPAP Max 12

klm49

Post by klm49 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:30 pm

raisedfist wrote: ↑
Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:06 pm
For 10/5, rate 8bpm, you would want the AirCurve 10 ST machine. Must we derail every thread with petty, pointless arguments? :lol:

Apparently! It is annoying having to read thru all the trash posts / petty responses to get to the few that actually answer the question and it seems to be the same people over and over.

Resmed AirCurve10 Vauto w/humidifier
Amara View mask
O2 - 2-4 lpm

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:39 pm

klm49 wrote: ↑
Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:30 pm

Apparently! It is annoying having to read thru all the trash posts / petty responses to get to the few that actually answer the question and it seems to be the same people over and over.

So, why are you propogating the petty respionses?

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:03 pm

The question is, as I raised in the first place, WHY DOES THE OP HAVE A ST MACHINE?

Do they have respiratory insufficiency wherein they need breathing assistance during the day, or do they have a significant component of central apnea during the night, or is their issue something completely different?

Without an answer to THAT question, then advising them in any way about what machine 'would be best' is simply irresponsible.

raisedfist

Post by raisedfist » Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:36 pm

Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:03 pm
The question is, as I raised in the first place, WHY DOES THE OP HAVE A ST MACHINE?

Do they have respiratory insufficiency wherein they need breathing assistance during the day, or do they have a significant component of central apnea during the night, or is their issue something completely different?

Without an answer to THAT question, then advising them in any way about what machine 'would be best' is simply irresponsible.
Well, OP said they have a VPAP ST, whether that's an S8 or S9, it doesn't really matter. And OP said it's been working well for them for the past 5 years, meaning they are happy. Therefore, I don't find it irresponsible to recommend the latest version of essentially the same machine.

Quadriplegia puts the diaphragm at a disadvantage, even more so during sleep. Even with adjusting the trigger sensitivity, the backup rate is still useful as a safety net in case a breath is not spontaneously triggered.

OP may have a pacing system installed, which is common, and would likely negate the need for bi-level support during the daytime.

I am indeed being an A$$ by ASSUMING some data, but I'm okay with that in this instance because I am familiar with spinal cord injury issues.

PS Min 6, PS Max 18, EPAP Min 4, EPAP Max 12