Which of these two BiPAP's are the best?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
jnk...

Re: Which of these two BiPAP's are the best?

Post by jnk... » Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:34 pm

raisedfist wrote: ↑
Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:06 pm
Must we derail every thread with petty, pointless arguments? :lol:
I do my best, but I find some threads harder to derail than others.
Dog Slobber wrote: ↑
Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:39 pm
So, why are you propogating the petty respionses?
Everybody steals my thunder these days.
palerider wrote: ↑
Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:03 pm
The question is, as I raised in the first place, WHY DOES THE OP HAVE A ST MACHINE?

Do they have respiratory insufficiency wherein they need breathing assistance during the day, or do they have a significant component of central apnea during the night, or is their issue something completely different?
Sorry for the derail, PR Yes. I agree that's the important point of the thread. Didn't mean to detract from it, sir.
-Jeff (AS10/P30i)

Accounts to put on the foe list: Me. I often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:15 pm

Well.....OP has not even been back since the very first post that he/she made. Not even to check for replies I guess. Posted and left.
Now we were given a choice between the 2 machines mentioned in the first post.
Another ResMed ST model wasn't one of the choices but ResMed does of course make an AirCurve 10 ST model.
Maybe something has changed that makes them wonder about the other 2 models as being an option.
So...not enough information was provided to offer any sort of educated response.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

zonker

Post by zonker » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:22 pm

Pugsy wrote: ↑
Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:15 pm
Well.....OP has not even been back since the very first post that he/she made. Not even to check for replies I guess. Posted and left.
hey, never let logic get in the way of concern trolls bashing people for not being kind enough.
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:26 pm

Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:36 pm
Well, OP said they have a VPAP ST, whether that's an S8 or S9, it doesn't really matter. And OP said it's been working well for them for the past 5 years, meaning they are happy. Therefore, I don't find it irresponsible to recommend the latest version of essentially the same machine.
And they were looking at ASV machines... WHY?

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Lucyhere

Post by Lucyhere » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:32 pm

zonker wrote: ↑
Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:41 pm
jnk... wrote: ↑
Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:11 pm

I used to try to be the nice guy. Then Zonker stole all my thunder.

i'm not the nice guy.

YOU are, you idiot.

To the Idiot and the other Idiot:

Will you PLEASE stop your petty/pointless arguments and name calling?! (As KLM49 et al. have rightly suggested.)

You are both NICE GUYS... the BEST... and everyone already knows that!

So, this will be quite enough! You must cease any further complimentary comments, and I'm serious this time :!:

Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset for her w/humid air/heated Humidifier
Bleep/P10

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:46 pm

Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:26 pm
My thought as well. Now maybe something in their situation changed to cause him/her to be looking at a different kind of machine and that wouldn't be impossible. I find it hard to believe that the fact that there was a newer ResMed ST model available and it wasn't known....but that's not impossible either.

Now for the derailing.... :lol: :lol: :lol: sigh...we haven't heard back from the OP at all and the children got bored and with nothing to do but poke fun at each other. Having a little fun.
My plan was to clean up the thread IF/WHEN the OP ever came back and engaged anyone. If they didn't come back then I figured I would let the children play. It's not the first time a thread got derailed and it won't be the last.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Lucyhere

Post by Lucyhere » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:11 pm

Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:46 pm
... and the children got bored and with nothing to do but poke fun at each other. Having a little fun.
My plan was to clean up the thread IF/WHEN the OP ever came back and engaged anyone. If they didn't come back then I figured I would let the children play. It's not the first time a thread got derailed and it won't be the last.

Are YOU calling ME a "children"? :lol: :lol:

Bleep/P10

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:22 pm

Lucyhere wrote: ↑
Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:11 pm
We are all children. That's so much better sounding than grumpy assed old senile farts/bitches/bastards isn't it? :lol:
I saw what jnk and zonker were doing and had to laugh. I also saw some grumpiness from others come out but chose to ignore it unless it got ugly and way out of hand.

Like I said...I wasn't worried about the thread going off track since the OP hasn't been back and I have my doubts as to whether or not he will be back. If he does...I will clean up the chit chat and put the thread back on track.

Lucyhere

Post by Lucyhere » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:35 pm

Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:22 pm
Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:11 pm

We are all children. That's so much better sounding than grumpy assed old senile farts/bitches/bastards isn't it? :lol:

Well, er... um... yeah... I suppose so. :roll: :lol:

Bleep/P10

raisedfist

Post by raisedfist » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:55 pm

Well, OP said they have a VPAP ST, whether that's an S8 or S9, it doesn't really matter. And OP said it's been working well for them for the past 5 years, meaning they are happy. Therefore, I don't find it irresponsible to recommend the latest version of essentially the same machine.
Well, if someone is looking to choose from two machines that are designed for entirely different purposes, then odds are they are not familiar with the different therapy modes. If you need a hammer, why go looking in the bread aisle.

PS Min 6, PS Max 18, EPAP Min 4, EPAP Max 12

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:58 am

Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:55 pm
Well, if someone is looking to choose from two machines that are designed for entirely different purposes, then odds are they are not familiar with the different therapy modes. If you need a hammer, why go looking in the bread aisle.
And again, saying "well, you had an archaic piece of crap, here's the newer version of the same archaic piece of crap" without asking them "why are you looking at new things? is irresponsible and short sighted, what are you, a doctor?

*ask questions* and find out the circumstances, don't just rush to offer some suggestion.

Maybe the OP can breathe ok on their own and has CSA, in which case a different *type* of machine may serve their needs better.

Maybe a *VAPS would be better if they need breathing assistance.

We don't know (and probably never will).

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

zonker

Post by zonker » Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:27 am

Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:32 pm

So, this will be quite enough! You must cease any further complimentary comments, and I'm serious this time :!:
all i can say is this is all the fault of jnk...
:lol: :lol: :lol:
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

jnk...

Post by jnk... » Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:47 am

zonker wrote: ↑
Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:27 am
Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:32 pm

all i can say is this is all the fault of jnk...
:lol: :lol: :lol:
And I am thoroughly convinced that Zonker is only such a nice guy in an evil, perverse attempt to make all the rest of us look bad. It's a cpaptalk.com deep-state conspiratorial hoax of monumental proportions, I tell you.

Furthermore, I believe the OP likely learned much from this thread, even more than he or she would ever want to know about machines, terms, and the nature of this forum in general. :wink: :P :lol:
-Jeff (AS10/P30i)

Accounts to put on the foe list: Me. I often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

raisedfist

Post by raisedfist » Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:36 pm

Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:58 am
Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:55 pm
And again, saying "well, you had an archaic piece of crap, here's the newer version of the same archaic piece of crap" without asking them "why are you looking at new things? is irresponsible and short sighted, what are you, a doctor?

*ask questions* and find out the circumstances, don't just rush to offer some suggestion.

Maybe the OP can breathe ok on their own and has CSA, in which case a different *type* of machine may serve their needs better.

Maybe a *VAPS would be better if they need breathing assistance.

We don't know (and probably never will).
Fair enough, what you say does make a lot of sense. Some people do prefer the dumb ST mode over *VAPS though, as varying pressures (while helpful) can cause disturbances.

My doctor tried to get me an ASV when I have a chest wall deformity which causes restrictive lung disease. He is a real nice guy, so I just ghosted him instead of giving him a piece of my mind. :D

PS Min 6, PS Max 18, EPAP Min 4, EPAP Max 12

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:20 pm

jnk... wrote: ↑
Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:47 am
Furthermore, I believe the OP likely learned much from this thread, even more than he or she would ever want to know about machines, terms, and the nature of this forum in general. :wink: :P :lol:
So, are you alleging that the OP is psychic? they posted, and never came back.

Whether or not jbgilm learned anything or not is another, unrelated question.