Report on Lunderg CPAP Pillow

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
sptrout

Report on Lunderg CPAP Pillow

Post by sptrout » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:44 am

FYI - - The OP's product is on Amazon today (10/13) for $60 (and the manufacturer's site is alive today also). Looks good to me. I like the adjustable height capability; the CPAP pillow I use now does not and I told my wife just a couple days ago that it is not thick enough for me as a side sleeper. I have been using it for a few years, time for a new pillow anyway. I think that I will get one and report back my thoughts.

The thread about the new Lunderg CPAP Pillow has been locked due to off the rail comments. In that thread I said that I would report back my thoughts when I received mine (quote from old tread above).

I received the pillow yesterday in a large box that also included other smaller items that I had ordered during "Amazon's' Big Prime Day sale. I actually received the items a day earlier than promised.

Out of the box the Pillow is impressive for both its size (bigger than expected) and the case/covering softness. Oddly, no instructions in the box only a note saying that all information was printed on the outside of the box. The Pillow comes with two cases and they are not identical as far as I can tell without opening the sealed package. I believe that the second case is designed to be used when the prime case is in the laundry, and I believe that is suppose to have a different "feel" will see sometime in the future.

Last night was the first night with the new Pillow. It replaces my older "Contour CPAPMax Pillow 2.0" pillow (I had also used the first version of the Contour Pillow). My CPAPMax Pillow was getting a little old and it was not thick enough to properly lift my head so that it was more correctly aligned with my spine/back. Well the new Lunderg Pillow fixed that problem! The Pillow is slightly wedged so a user can use either the thicker side that would be typical for a side sleeper, or the more narrow side for back sleepers. If ether is too thick for comfort there is a removal pad that will reduce the total height of the Pillow. I did not remove the filler so the height was at maximum, which was a big improvement over my older CPAPMax Pillow for side sleeping. I did briefly turn the Pillow around to the narrow side to try how it felt when laying on my back. Once again, very comfortable so I can easily use it either way. BYW - - The standard, as shipped, pillow case feels very nice, again much better than the CPAPMax Pillow.

I know one night's experience is not a long test, but the new Pillow felt great and did not cause any neck problems this morning. Unusual for me to be able to have no first night issues with a new pillow.

Bottomline as of today; the Lunderg CPAP Pillow is a great replacement for my old CPAPMax pillow.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B084R ... UTF8&psc=1

Mask Make & Model: ResMed, AirFit P10
CPAP Pressure: 6-9
CPAP Reporting Software: OSCAR/Sleepyhead & SleepHQ

Sheriff Buford

Re: Report on Lunderg CPAP Pillow

Post by Sheriff Buford » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:36 am

Interesting. I love the "old" Countour pillow, but as far as I can see, it isn't for sale anymore. I would certainly check this out!

Sheriff