Bleep Peeps Please Help

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Deborah K.

Bleep Peeps Please Help

Post by Deborah K. » Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:12 pm

I have been successfully using My Bleep equipment for about four months, and now suddenly I have a problem I cannot seem to solve. For four or five days I have not been able to successfully connect the right nostril DreamPort into the DreamWay unit. I snap the DreamPorts into the DreamWay part as usual, and test it by covering the end of the hose and blowing. But when I attach to the pap machine and the air starts I can hear and feel a lot of leakage coming out of the right side of the right nostril connection, not up where the tape is connected to the nose, but down where the port is connected to the DreamWay.

I thought maybe the DreamWay unit had somehow become damaged, so last night I used the brand new one I had received but not used yet. The same thing happened. I wondered if I had a damaged box of DreamPorts, but the left nostril is always connected well and does not leak. Also the leak is always only on the right side of that right nostril, not on the left side of that port at all.

Any ideas of what I should try now? Should I maybe try snapping it in using needle nose pliers? I just don't know. I love the Bleep system, and I really want to continue using it.
Machine: Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset For Her
Mask: Bleep Dreamport mask system

Dreaming1

Re: Bleep Peeps Please Help

Post by Dreaming1 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:36 am

Take two ports, leave the paper on them, snap them into both sides of the dreamway, connect to your cpap and turn the pressure on. Cap with your thumbs. See if you hear the air. Make sure all the hooks get connected and they are seated level. If still leaks, call Stuart and webinar.

Deborah K.

Post by Deborah K. » Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:20 am

Dreaming1 wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:36 am
Take two ports, leave the paper on them, snap them into both sides of the dreamway, connect to your cpap and turn the pressure on. Cap with your thumbs. See if you hear the air. Make sure all the hooks get connected and they are seated level. If still leaks, call Stuart and webinar.
Thanks. Last night I attached with the needle nose pliers I mentioned, and it worked. I don't know if that's a good idea, but I will continue until I learn something else. I may have to call Stuart after all.

khauser

Post by khauser » Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:40 am

I've noticed the ports have to be inserted fairly straight with respect to the connectors or it will not latch correctly and require unusual force. Rather than force it I'll remove and reinsert until I get it right.

If you are not getting the ports on your nose parallel (ish) this will make it harder to insert them straight.

Don't be shy about asking Stuart for help, he's really easy to talk to and very helpful.

loggerhead12

Post by loggerhead12 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:05 pm

Make sure the tabs on the Dreamway are between the two bumps on the soft silicone skirt below them. They won't connect right if they aren't.

Like this:

https://youtu.be/jzdJ0NXuS4c?t=107

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:11 pm

Okay....here's the skinny about those little bumps that we have to make sure the little arms are in between....
Per Stuart...they are there so that the port is rotated so that nothing digs into the person's skin. That's all those little bumps do...keep the port from being in a position to potentially irritate the person's skin.

They don't affect seal. I originally thought they did but they don't...it's a comfort thing.
They are there as a guide so nothing can dig into the skin.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

loggerhead12

Post by loggerhead12 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:20 pm

Well, dang it. I read that early on in the Bleep thread and went with it. I've been so convinced that the tabs had to be right that I can actually hear it leaking when they aren't. Now I have to come up with some other reason for that. ;-)

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:33 pm

ImRealPleezApproveMe wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:20 pm
Well, dang it. I read that early on in the Bleep thread and went with it. I've been so convinced that the tabs had to be right that I can actually hear it leaking when they aren't. Now I have to come up with some other reason for that. ;-)
:lol: :lol: I hear you. I was in the same boat. But I did do some experiments with the little arms inside the bumps and outside the bumps and leaks weren't affected one way or the other. At least I couldn't tell any and it wasn't that I didn't believe Stuart when he told me that but I am in Missouri and it is the Sho Me State and I had to prove it to myself.
My biggest leak troublemaker has always been not getting the ports "clicked" in fully. With time and experience it has become a much less of an issue and doing the hose to the palm trick to check for leaks has pretty much eliminated that potential leak.

Now it hurts nothing to make an extra effort to keep those little arms inside the bumps for the original reason those bumps were put there but it won't affect leaks like we first thought they would.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

edfreeman

Post by edfreeman » Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:47 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:11 pm
Okay....here's the skinny about those little bumps that we have to make sure the little arms are in between....
Per Stuart...they are there so that the port is rotated so that nothing digs into the person's skin. That's all those little bumps do...keep the port from being in a position to potentially irritate the person's skin.

They don't affect seal. I originally thought they did but they don't...it's a comfort thing.
They are there as a guide so nothing can dig into the skin.
The person in the other thread said that one of their little "arms" was on top of one of the bumps, making it tough to get it to latch since it sorta holds it out. I wouldn't have guessed it had an impact on the seal if the arms got outside the bumps, but I had initially had trouble getting it latched myself at first. These days I do it in the dark at the bed not even looking. Just feel for those latch releases to get it right side up, press up the right, hear the clicks, press up the left, hear the clicks and the machine starting, usually latched up right, but maybe once a week I have to get one more click out of one side. Pretty simple device, though quite brilliant.

Deborah K.

Post by Deborah K. » Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:27 pm

Thanks for your replies! For several nights I had to use the needle nose pliers, then last night I was able to get them in properly by hand. I don't know why I had trouble after four months with no trouble, but now I just keep the pliers handy and use them when needed.

Again, thanks for your help. :)