Dream wisp

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Driver1814

Dream wisp

Post by Driver1814 » Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:25 am

Is there a mask that anyone can recommend that's similar to dream wisp that doesn't ride on bridge of nose? Developing red marks/lines where it rest on bridge of nose.

Insurance is allowing me to order at the end of the month.

Thanks!

Pugsy

Re: Dream wisp

Post by Pugsy » Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:40 am

There are several under the nose cushion nasal masks that don't even touch the bridge of the nose area..
Plus even more that fall in the nasal pillow category.

Take a stroll through the options and see what's available.

https://www.cpap.com/plp/nasal-cpap-masks/ZT0yNjQ

Even when comparing nasal masks that do touch the nasal bridge area...not all will cause marks or lines. It's a big experiment finding the right mask.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Driver1814

Post by Driver1814 » Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:58 am

If I got the n30i is it compatible with hoses I already have?

Does n30i insert into nostril?

Thanks

N7ELN

Post by N7ELN » Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:00 pm

Hi. I started using Resmed Airfit N30. I have a sensitive nose, and I find the N30 to be more comfortable.

Deborah K.

Post by Deborah K. » Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:02 pm

The n30i is a band that sits right under the nostrils. It made my nose sore and it leaked for me. I switched to the p30i, which has nasal pillows which insert a little into each nostril. These worked much better and were more comfortable for me.
Machine: Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset For Her
Mask: Bleep Dreamport mask system

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:07 pm

Any mask is compatible with your long hose from the humidifier.

The N30i nasal mask uses what it called a cradle cushion...fits under the nostrils and nothing goes inside the nostrils.
https://www.resmed.com/en-us/healthcare ... rfit-n30i/

And just a point to clarify...even the nasal pillows don't go inside the nostril to the point of touching inside the nostril and if it does then it is fitted or sized incorrectly. The only part of a nasal pillow mask that goes inside the nostril is the teeny tiny tip of the inner cone and it shouldn't ever touch anything inside the nostril.

So nasal pillows have this tiny inner cone thing and it barely reaches inside the nose...nasal cradle cushion types of masks...there isn't even an inner cone at all.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Driver1814

Post by Driver1814 » Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:24 pm

How is the n30 with side sleeping and hose coming off nose?

Any leak issues with n30?

Thanks

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:27 pm

Sorry. I have no experience with it but I did use a similar Respironics version a while back just to try it and I sleep on my side primarily and had no issues. Took a bit of fiddling with strap tension to get it sorted out but that only took a few nights to figure out.

All masks can be worn in all sleeping positions. Now some might present a few extra challenges but it can be done.

Driver1814

Post by Driver1814 » Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:08 pm

Anyone have any thought or experience with Philips Respironics Dreamwear nasal??

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:20 pm

Driver1814 wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:08 pm
Anyone have any thought or experience with Philips Respironics Dreamwear nasal??
I used it briefly as an experiment when it was first released...the frame size that came in the package was a medium and that was too large for my small head (I am a petite female) and I didn't fall in love with the mask enough to get the small size frame to try it.
So I had some leak issues because the mask moved around a bit because of the frame size but it's an okay mask otherwise.
I did sleep with it for several nights. So the frame size is an important factor. It comes in 3 sizes...small, medium and large but most packaging starts off with the medium and the other sizes are special separate purchases.

One of the nice things about it is the fact that if you should ever want to try the nasal pillow version the frame and headgear is compatible with just one little replacement piece and you can essentially try a new mask just by swapping out one little part. Save some money as the part isn't horribly expensive.

Mask preferences are highly individual and to be honest...what any of us might think about this mask is really irrelevant. It's how you feel about it that is the most important thing.
When it comes to masks there are always lovers and haters of the same mask. What I might love...the next person might just hate and what they love I might hate. One man's treasure is another man's trash kind of thing when it comes to masks.

Driver1814

Post by Driver1814 » Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:44 pm

Will insurances typically allow you to switch out when your eligible for new supplies?

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:50 pm

Driver1814 wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:44 pm
Will insurances typically allow you to switch out when your eligible for new supplies?
Yes...insurance doesn't care which mask or brand or model. They pay by HCPCS billing codes anyway. They don't care at all what you get. They only care that the purchase is within the equipment allowance period.

Now do be careful and make sure the DME or supplier knows you want to change masks...be very specific or they will likely send you the same mask you got before....but they shouldn't care and for sure your insurance won't care.

Here's Medicares...most insurance companies will use this same replacement schedule.

Driver1814

Post by Driver1814 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:18 am

Good to know I'll make sure I order as much as I can. Nice to have backups.

Thanks

Chris8243

Post by Chris8243 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:07 pm

Driver1814 wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:24 pm
How is the n30 with side sleeping and hose coming off nose?

Any leak issues with n30?

Thanks
I go back & forth between N30i & Dream Wisp. I mostly sleep on my side & they’re both good for that. Seems like every mask I’ve tried has pros and cons. I find the N30i to be more comfortable, but it also sometimes slips off my head too easily during the night. The Dream Wisp doesn’t ever come off unless I take it off because of the way the straps are made.