Have you had a COVID-19 Vaccine or have an appt?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Bookbear

Re: Have you had a COVID-19 Vaccine or have an appt?

Post by Bookbear » Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:18 am

Second shot (Moderna) next Tuesday for my wife and myself.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:47 am

Finally got appointments for my mom, myself and my husband at local WalMart next Thurs the 18th.
Hopefully the ice we already have and the snow we are supposed to get this weekend will be gone by then or at least off the roads.
The county road I am on....nothing but an ice skating rink and it's not going to change anytime soon as temps won't even make it to freezing anytime soon. Brutal cold here in my area for several days is the forecast.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Bookbear

Post by Bookbear » Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:39 am

Paws crossed for you and family!

zonker

Post by zonker » Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:52 am

according to the skagit county website, we are in shortage of vaccines with no new ones due until the week of the 21st.

doesn't say which vaccine, but i really don't care. just get this jab in my arm!
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:16 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:47 am
Finally got appointments for my mom, myself and my husband at local WalMart next Thurs the 18th.
Good luck with the weather and the roads!

Lucyhere

Post by Lucyhere » Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:27 am

Pugsy wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:47 am
Hopefully the ice we already have and the snow we are supposed to get this weekend will be gone by then or at least off the roads.
:D
Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset for her w/humid air/heated Humidifier
Bleep/P10

D.H.

Post by D.H. » Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:47 pm

Got first one 2/9. Second one scheduled for 3/9.

This was in Walgreen's in NY State (not NY City).

I recently had a 65th birthday, which was the qualifying event.

Ased

Post by Ased » Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:33 am

got my fisrt dose Phizer first week in Jan and 3rd dose 3rd week of Jan.

l am a health care worker.

EK3377

Post by EK3377 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:24 pm

I got my first vaccine (Pfizer) 1/25, and just got the second dose this past Friday 2/12. I had a really sore arm for about three days after the first dose, but that was it. After the second dose, I felt out of sorts the day of the vaccine, and then mild fatigue and headache and some stomach issues the next day, and then it pretty much resolved by day 3. I have talked to quite a few people that have had both doses, and most are having a reaction to the second dose, but relatively mild where they feel under the weather, but are able to get through daily activities. A few people I have known had the more severe reactions others have mentioned on this thread. Also, the older one is, the less likely they are to have more severe side effects from the vaccine. Over vs. under 65 is how they measured side effects in the phase 3 trial, but anecdotally, of the people that I know, almost no one over 70 had any reaction to the second dose.

On the CDC website they list for both Pfizer and Moderna the percentage of people that had side effects and what was most common. Here's the highlights:

*More people have side effects after dose 2, than dose 1 (because your body recognizes the invader this time)
*If you're going to get side effects, it would typically occur (begin) within 48 hrs of receiving the vaccination
*Roughly three quarters of people get at least one systemic side effect (vs. local side effect - i.e. sore arm)
*The most common side effects outside of a sore arm for dose 2, for both Pfizer & Moderna, are Fatigue, Headache, and Muscle Aches
*The percentage of people who experienced side effects of each type was roughly the same for Pfizer and Moderna, though slightly higher for Moderna. (that said...have talked to people who had Pfizer and Moderna who had no side effects, and those who had more severe side effects)

If you couldn't tell, I did a little research :). Just wanted to share what I learned for anyone who might be interested. You can read the details straight from the horses mouth, so to speak, here for Pfizer:

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/i ... icity.html

And here for Moderna:

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/i ... icity.html

The advice I'd offer to anyone getting the second dose is to not schedule yourself to do very much either the day of, or the day after, so that if you do have a reaction, you're able to try and rest.

Best to everyone in scheduling your vaccine, and hopefully experiencing none, or the least unpleasant, of side effects.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:30 pm

My mom, myself and my husband got our first Moderna dose this afternoon.
Been about 3 hours...not even a sore arm yet but I suspect that might take a while.
We got it at our local WalMart. I had called last Friday and the first available was today.
The people scheduled for tomorrow will have to reschedule as they haven't got the next shipment yet...we were told.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:39 pm

I am scheduled this Saturday, at the hospital.
Since my reaction to flu shots is generally mild to aught, I am hoping for the same.
I got in because my pneumo is in the hospital medical center.
Hubby's cardiac doc is in a nearby building, but no luck for him.
Even after having a central retina artery occlusion just this last week!
The three Stooges work upstairs, I think.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:15 pm

Still no effects....not even sore arm and it's pushing midnight here.
My sister refuses to get it though....she won't listen to science and really believes that the vaccine will actually give you Covid.
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.
But then I have a feeling she drank a lot of the anti vax koolaid. Oh well.

Lucyhere

Post by Lucyhere » Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:11 am

Pugsy wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:15 pm
Still no effects....not even sore arm and it's pushing midnight here.

So glad you all got the vaccine! Your arm might be sore tomorrow, but no big deal. Especially happy for your mom!

We get second shot (Modera) next Tuesday. Daughter had second shot last Friday. She's an educator and hopefully will be back to work next month. Friday night she said she felt extremely exhausted and went to bed. Saturday was a stay in bed day for her. Chills, headache, everything hurt. Sunday she said she felt fine... went grocery shopping (w/two masks) and worked in her garden.

I keep reading that the second injection comes with more side effects. Can't possibly be worse than being on a ventilator!
Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset for her w/humid air/heated Humidifier
Bleep/P10

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:34 am

Lucyhere wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:11 am
I keep reading that the second injection comes with more side effects. Can't possibly be worse than being on a ventilator!
That's what I keep reading as well. Will see what happens. A day or two of not feeling 100 %....I will take that any day of the week over risking getting really bad case of Covid and being on a vent....or worse...not coming off the vent in a positive way.
The symptoms that are minor are just your body ramping up its defenses...the vaccine is doing what it is supposed to do...get your body a full army of anti biodies to fight off the virus if you catch it...so you don't have a severe outcome. The anti bodies win the war and not the virus winning the war.

I do think we probably had it back the first week of March but back then no test around here to confirm.
I was probably the sickest I have been in all my life those 2 weeks. Symptoms started Feb 29 and it was one week of being horribly sick followed by another week of gradually improving sick. Residual cough and shortness of breath for 3 months afterwards.
People ask me if I lost my sense of taste and smell... :lol: :lol: I said I didn't really know because we were too sick to eat anything or even try to fix anything to eat...and zero appetite.
I was really, really sick and it was miserable but never went to the doctor or hospital....I cannot imagine how sick I would have to be to get put on a vent....I sure don't want to risk it either.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:05 am

Pugsy wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:30 pm
My mom, myself and my husband got our first Moderna dose this afternoon.
I'm so glad for y'all!

I read some of the Pfizer trial results in the NEJM. After 12 days from the first dose, almost none of the trial vaccinated participants contracted COVID while many in placebo group did. Since Pfizer and Moderna vaccines work on the same principle, I would think y'all have good protection after 12 days. The booster is still important because it is thought that the protective benefits of the first dose will decline after a few months.

Here's wishing y'all good weather for the second dose!