Fingers crossed Vitamin D is my fix!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
imrj

Re: Fingers crossed Vitamin D is my fix!

Post by imrj » Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:05 am

uhmm...i heard about some way you can get vitamin D and naturally and FREE...its something called sumlight? sunlit? or something like that......

USMCVet

Post by USMCVet » Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:21 pm

Goofproof wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:52 pm
USMCVet wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:56 pm
Vitamin d is very important for immune system.

Just got my 50000 iu vitamin d2 in mail today. I've been taking 5000 d3 for a week or so now and I'm still tired but the awful body aches everywhere in body are gone! Also I have blood glucose meter because I've been borderline diabetic and noticed blood glucose is much better. 2 hours after eating it's better then when I faster before. So I'm definitely seeing benefits already.
Glad you think it is helping, hope it is. I've been taking 10,000 units D3 for 2 months tp pep up the immune system, not seen any effect positive or negative, but no ill effects either and as I said it's cheap, I also add Zinc Glycinate 30 mg to help the D3 do it's thing.

The only thing I've got from it is I'm still kicking, virus free, I started home quarantine 15 months ago, not been outside since, not going anywhere, living life in the slow lane.

I have not seen a help with blood glucose or body aches, it would have been Road Hard and Put Away Wet Too Many Times! :wink: Jim
I'm thinking my pains were from being deficient to begin with which is why I think it's helping. I haven't gotten covid either at this point but I'm still working. Wife work had a lot of cases but luckily we didn't get it.

With quarantine I'm sure a lot of people aren't getting the sun they need so I think the supplements are probably really helpful for a lot of people.

I also lost some intestines recently which I think isn't making it any easier to get vitamin d the natural way too.

Architect

Post by Architect » Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:17 pm

Hi friend, I to am a vet, thanks for your service. Happy to read your feeling better with Vit D treatment.

A few years ago, I developed muscle pain, weakness, exhaustion, my whole body hurt, just felt awful...... I asked my primary to test my Vit D after extensive research, my Vit D was low. Once on Vit D treatment, my symptoms began to subside after a few months. While at clinic, I was advised by a nurse to try a product called CoQ10 for muscles, I added the CoQ10. Always seek advice from medical professional.

All my muscle issues, disappeared, I was able to mow the lawn again.... I don't know which one worked, maybe both, but both helped tremendously.

Been diabetic for years, never experienced any muscle issues as type II diabetic, but fatigue I am well aware of. Uncontrolled diabetes can cause fatigue/exhaustion. Years ago, when my levels were out of control, I was exhausted to the point of passing out. Slept for an hour, felt fine afterwards. Been in the normal range since, occassionally I'll feel fatigued right after eating a meal (carbs)....

Wish you well friend.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:43 pm

I take many Vit and OTC minerals, also CoQ10 120 mg daily. I retired at 55 from a job that was a younger mans job, mechanic on heavy haulage equipment, 130 tons and up, lots of climbing and hanging by my tail, diabetes was taking it's game too, eyes and balance, working outside at 10 below zero, wherever they broke down.

5 years later, I had the Big One, as it turns out, it was the second one, the first was at work at 5 below zero while working outside alone, I had been climbing from truck to truck starting them, lucky I was on the ground when it hit, felt like a red hot poker, in my chest knocked me to the ground. I was 50 yards from the empty building, it was uphill, so I laid in the snow and maid snow angels for 20 minutes then made my way inside and finished my coffee then went back outside and started the last 5 trucks. These trucks cabs are 18 ft off the ground, lots of climbing.

The Quad By-Pass in 2005 didn't do well, I'm still kicking but not as hard or as often. :lol: Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire