Help Coudnt sleep during study

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
josearturodominguez

Help Coudnt sleep during study

Post by josearturodominguez » Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:16 am

Maybe slepted about 2 hours off and on at my sleep study last night with little naps waking me up by my snore , and little gasps of air i was too uncomfortable with all the cables and just rolled over all night anybody experienced that? Would that be enough to evaluate my condition ?What's next?

Julie

Re: Help Coudnt sleep during study

Post by Julie » Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:37 am

It's common to think you didn't sleep when testing, but usually you did more than you felt. Wait for results before worrying now.

CaptainRaven40

Post by CaptainRaven40 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:55 am

Julie is correct. A lot of people I have talked to feel the way you did.

josearturodominguez

Post by josearturodominguez » Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:02 am

Julie wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:37 am
It's common to think you didn't sleep when testing, but usually you did more than you felt. Wait for results before worrying now.
I was just thinking and thinking and couldn't have a good night's rest woke up to the bathroom 3 times , felt my snore a couple 😴times the rest of the night I basically rolled over bed most of the night. I feel very tired now ,The study started about 10pm to 5am

josearturodominguez

Post by josearturodominguez » Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:06 am

CaptainRaven40 wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:55 am
Julie is correct. A lot of people I have talked to feel the way you did.
Thanks , I guess it's a hurry up and wait situation I just feel my symptoms are getting worse and just want to get treatment I worry there wasn't enough data to evaluate my situation sometimes its scary to fall asleep.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:11 am

Depending on the results they don't need an awful lot of time asleep to establish a diagnosis. What you experienced is fairly common and you probably actually slept more than you thought but they can easily see if you were asleep or not and they can most often have enough total sleep time to make an accurate diagnosis. As little as 2 hours of total sleep (all those brief segments added together) is enough to make a diagnosis depending on what the results were.

Now you sit and wait for them to evaluate the results. If you didn't sleep enough to not make a determination you might have to have a repeat study but maybe with something to help you sleep better. But you probably slept more than you thought you did.

FWIW....I didn't sleep well at all with my in lab diagnostic sleep study and that was with Ambien to help me out and I had a similar experience....while the total sleep time was a little over 2 hours it was enough to establish a diagnosis and need and go from there.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

josearturodominguez

Post by josearturodominguez » Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:26 am

Pugsy wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:11 am
Depending on the results they don't need an awful lot of time asleep to establish a diagnosis. What you experienced is fairly common and you probably actually slept more than you thought but they can easily see if you were asleep or not and they can most often have enough total sleep time to make an accurate diagnosis. As little as 2 hours of total sleep (all those brief segments added together) is enough to make a diagnosis depending on what the results were.

Now you sit and wait for them to evaluate the results. If you didn't sleep enough to not make a determination you might have to have a repeat study but maybe with something to help you sleep better. But you probably slept more than you thought you did.

FWIW....I didn't sleep well at all with my in lab diagnostic sleep study and that was with Ambien to help me out and I had a similar experience....while the total sleep time was a little over 2 hours it was enough to establish a diagnosis and need and go from there.
Thanks will take it easy and see the results I will keep an update on the situation

josearturodominguez

Post by josearturodominguez » Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:47 am

My worry was that I was awake during most of my test , hopefully they can have enough data to go off with. Thanks everyone I will keep you guys updated

Greenpepper

Post by Greenpepper » Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:01 am

I had the same feeling - didn't think I slept at all. But they got all they needed.

Lucyhere

Post by Lucyhere » Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:32 pm

Greenpepper wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:01 am
I had the same feeling - didn't think I slept at all. But they got all they needed.
+1
Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset for her w/humid air/heated Humidifier
Bleep/P10

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:42 pm

Sometimes all that is needed is maybe 30 minutes of sleep depending on what happens in terms of the number of events.
Would be a drawback in terms of evaluating REM stage sleep but if someone has OSA and doesn't get much REM...the same situation is possible and there are ways to figure it out and deal with it.

Quit worrying...chances are they will have got enough sleep data to know enough to make a diagnosis one way or the other.
If they didn't...they will tell you and go from there. Nothing you can do at this point except wait and I totally understand the impatience to want to know and deal with it because you have a problem and want an answer.

Hopefully it won't take the doctor too long to evaluate the data and make a diagnosis or at least figure out if they need a repeat study or can proceed with the data they have.

The hardest part right now....patience. :lol:

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

ILoveFlowers

Post by ILoveFlowers » Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:55 pm

My sleep study was the most uncomfortable night of my life. And nobody warned me that it was going to be freezing, either, I would have brought thermals. I shivered all night! The tech told me they have to keep it cool or the glue won't hold on all those leads they stick on you.

I didn't sleep much, either, but luckily it was enough for the sleep doc to get the info he needed.
AirSense 10 AutoSet For Her
Airfit P10 mask

josearturodominguez

Post by josearturodominguez » Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:52 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:42 pm
Sometimes all that is needed is maybe 30 minutes of sleep depending on what happens in terms of the number of events.
Would be a drawback in terms of evaluating REM stage sleep but if someone has OSA and doesn't get much REM...the same situation is possible and there are ways to figure it out and deal with it.

Quit worrying...chances are they will have got enough sleep data to know enough to make a diagnosis one way or the other.
If they didn't...they will tell you and go from there. Nothing you can do at this point except wait and I totally understand the impatience to want to know and deal with it because you have a problem and want an answer.

Hopefully it won't take the doctor too long to evaluate the data and make a diagnosis or at least figure out if they need a repeat study or can proceed with the data they have.

The hardest part right now....patience. :lol:
Yes sir hurry up and ✋ wait
Just hopefully my symptoms can get takin care of

zoocrewphoto

Post by zoocrewphoto » Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:52 pm

I did a split night study. I woke up once to use the bathroom. I never reached REM during the diagnosis phase. But I was bad enough fast enough that I was put on cpap 2 1/2 hours into the night. So, depending on how bad you are, they could have enough to diagnose you, and possibly enough to diagnose you as severe. As long as it moves you forward, you can always work out the details with the cpap machine.

Who would have thought it would be this challenging to sleep and breathe at the same time?

cyberdreamer

Post by cyberdreamer » Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:15 am

I also felt like I didn't sleep but in fact I had slept a few hours and it was enough to diagnose me. I didn't even move during the night because I was afraid the cables would detach. :lol:
Machine: Airsense 10 Autoset (humidity 7, slimline hose) (5 years)
Mask: Resmed F30 (medium) (1 year)
Previous masks: Swift FX Nano (5 years); Dreamwear Nasal (few days); Swift FX pillow (few days)
Sleep study in 2016 with AHI 12 and some oxy desats