Is there a mask that doesn't irritate sensitive skin?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Peacenana

Re: Is there a mask that doesn't irritate sensitive skin?

Post by Peacenana » Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:24 pm

Thanks, Michgol and Deborah. I would like to learn more about the Bleep system. Pugsy was going to check my latest OSCAR data. Hoping to hear from her soon. Going to the equipment supplier tomorrow to see if there's anything else I can try. The masks either break down my skin or leak to the point where I feel exhausted the next day. I'm running out of steam.

dreamingofdreaming

Post by dreamingofdreaming » Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:55 am

I recently switched from the Dreamwear Nasal cushion to the Resmed Air Touch N20. It's a nasal mask that has memory foam that touches your skin. I don't feel anything on my nose or face. It's light and soft. I am using a liner with this to try and get more life out of the foam. It's currently my favorite mask.

Peacenana

Post by Peacenana » Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:51 am

The tech at the supplier recommended Gecko pads and I ordered one (they are pricey). It adheres to the bridge of your nose and to the sides. Went back to my old beneath the nose mask but the sore under my nose is back!! I tried putting a little cotton ball on the spot last night but it didn't stay in place.
I will try still another mask (DreamWisp) next with padding from pad-a-cheek and then I think I am out of options for the cpap masks. :(

booksfan

Post by booksfan » Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:36 pm

Peacenana wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:24 pm
Thanks, Michgol and Deborah. I would like to learn more about the Bleep system. Pugsy was going to check my latest OSCAR data. Hoping to hear from her soon. Going to the equipment supplier tomorrow to see if there's anything else I can try. The masks either break down my skin or leak to the point where I feel exhausted the next day. I'm running out of steam.
I use the Bleep as well and have found (fortunately) that it does not irritate my sensitive skin. The only skin issue I have is that you have to wash your face then use something around your nose to be sure you have removed all trace of oil, etc. Which means I had to change my routine with regard to moisturizer. As a female of a certain age :lol: , with sensitive skin to boot, I tend to baby my dry skin. Now after washing, I use a Bleep wipe (I find those work well for me, YMMV). Then I attach the ports. Once they are securely attached, I will SPARINGLY and gently pat on a light moisurizer, taking care to stay well away from the nasal area (ports).

Mask: Bleep Eclipse/Halos
Machine: ResMed AirSense 11 AutoSet

cpap626

Post by cpap626 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:04 pm

I am very interested in the Bleep system as well. Does it rest on your lower lip or mouth? It looks like it may, I really don't stuff on my upper lip thats why i have settled on the p-10. Anyone have any advice on this?

Deborah K.

Post by Deborah K. » Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:26 am

cpap626 wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:04 pm
I am very interested in the Bleep system as well. Does it rest on your lower lip or mouth? It looks like it may, I really don't stuff on my upper lip thats why i have settled on the p-10. Anyone have any advice on this?
No, the Bleep does not touch your lips or mouth.
Machine: Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset For Her
Mask: Bleep Dreamport mask system