ResMed AirSense 11 - A sneak peak

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
MeToo

Re: ResMed AirSense 11 - A sneak peak

Post by MeToo » Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:54 am

JaxTom wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:45 am
MeToo wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:27 am
FYI -- if you click on the first picture and scroll to the right, an arrow taking you to the next slide will appear. There are 10 or so additional pictures/diagrams. I missed that initially.

This is a really innovative design -- speakers with white noise, music, alarms, noise cancellation, voice command, a different filtration system, integrated hose and power cord storage for travel. They went back to the drawing board on this one...no wonder it took them so long. I imagine these accoutrements will come with a higher price tag.

I bet an Oscar app can be written for cell phone if necessary.
Except the one you are looking at is the figment of someone's imagination, not the Resmed S11.
Perhaps, but it took a team with the highest level of skill a lot of time to design this marketing piece for this specific machine. Why would they do that? Maybe it isn't the finished product that will hit the market...I'm guessing this is the A11 or it will be very close to it.

Does anyone have a projected date it will be available to purchase????? Or even an educated guess?

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:05 am

MeToo wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:54 am
Does anyone have a projection a date it will be available to purchase?????
You will know when ResMed wants you to know. They never ever let the release date leak out.
No one here has any way to know ahead of time and if they did they would have had to sign a NDA to test the new model.

And everyone...
this product is just a student project....it has absolutely nothing to do with what ResMed has actually done or released or maybe will do in the future.
https://www.behance.net/gallery/100181435/ResMed-Air-11
Now does ResMed pay any attention to this sort of stuff....maybe...maybe not but they won't ever tell you so no sense in even considering what it does or doesn't do.

Now the ResShop image leaked....that one is the most interesting for now since it is obviously a more complete final product image.
Might be interesting to find other images of it but I couldn't find any.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

MeToo

Post by MeToo » Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:13 am

Pugsy wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:05 am
MeToo wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:54 am
Does anyone have a projection a date it will be available to purchase?????
You will know when ResMed wants you to know. They never ever let the release date leak out.
No one here has any way to know ahead of time and if they did they would have had to sign a NDA to test the new model.

And everyone...
this product is just a student project....it has absolutely nothing to do with what ResMed has actually done or released or maybe will do in the future.
https://www.behance.net/gallery/100181435/ResMed-Air-11
Now does ResMed pay any attention to this sort of stuff....maybe...maybe not but they won't ever tell you so no sense in even considering what it does or doesn't do.

Now the ResShop image leaked....that one is the most interesting for now since it is obviously a more complete final product image.
Good info. Thanks. I just dug a little deeper and you are correct. https://www.adampozdro.com/
Oh well.

Janknitz

Post by Janknitz » Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:26 pm

DMEs would love to have everything that THEY want in the cloud and not have to screw around with ResScan or anything that involves a little extra work for them. Remember they think they walk on water and we are too stupid to even manage setting anything or understanding anything about our machines. They would prefer us to be kept in the dark so that they are more important.....and needed.
I think that the majority of CPAP users stay in the dark and don't bother to learn about their machines or treatment. So DME's are kind of right on that one.

But the real motivation is money. If they are the only ones who can control the data, they can CHARGE for accessing the data and transmitting it to insurers, and to doctors who don't want to bother paying the cost to get the software to access patient data.

Kaiser dictates what machine users get, so it's cost effective for them to have the software and access the patient data since they are only working with one brand. Whether sleep doctors will do this depends on the practice, and certainly primary care doctors who don't even understand the data are not going to do this. So the patient/insurer gets to pay the DME to do this.

I hope that my AirSense 10 lasts a good long time. I like it, I don't see the need for the "latest and greatest" and I'd have to pay out of pocket in any case because I'm still 4 years from Medicare. Even when I get to Medicare, I have no desire to pay a perpetual rental if I stay with Kaiser, so I will probably look for a good used AirSense 10 when I have to replace this one.
What you need to know before you meet your DME http://tinyurl.com/2arffqx
Taming the Mirage Quattro http://tinyurl.com/2ft3lh8
Swift FX Fitting Guide http://tinyurl.com/22ur9ts
Don't Pay that Upcharge! http://tinyurl.com/2ck48rm

BanjoPaterson

Post by BanjoPaterson » Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:42 pm

jdm5 wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:14 am
booksfan wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:05 am
Oh, dear, that IS a negative! That is a major drawback to my AirMini when I travel, I mean USED to travel :lol: ! (I've hacked the hose so I can stick use my Bleep and that has significantly minimized noise.) But otherwise it looks really cool! I wonder about noise, since they acutally address noise cancellation.
Again - the 2nd link is a mock up / student project. It's not real.
Pity - I thought it was both innovative and an excellent prototype.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:52 pm

Janknitz wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:26 pm
I think that the majority of CPAP users stay in the dark and don't bother to learn about their machines or treatment. So DME's are kind of right on that one.
Oh, I know this is true but my point is that the data should at least be available just in case it is needed and the summary data simply doesn't cut it when there's a problem.

My own DME (when I used them) once told me that he only has one other cpap patient (besides me) who wants to bother with the data....then I asked him if he ever bothered to tell people that the data was there....long pregnant pause and silence.
I then asked him how many might care if they knew it was there and available....then he said "point taken". :lol: :lol: He knew exactly where I was going with my thinking.

And don't get me started on the half assed brick cpap model ResMed that can't even tell centrals from obstructives which is kinda important thing to know since treatment for either is totally different.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:41 pm

BanjoPaterson wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:42 pm
jdm5 wrote:
booksfan wrote:
Oh, dear, that IS a negative! That is a major drawback to my AirMini when I travel, I mean USED to travel :lol: ! (I've hacked the hose so I can stick use my Bleep and that has significantly minimized noise.) But otherwise it looks really cool! I wonder about noise, since they acutally address noise cancellation.
It's easy to create something that lay people believe is both innovative and an excellent prototype when it doesn't have to work. That design is neither innovative nor excellent. It really is nothing more than a shell with a few silly parts within it to make it appear technical.

It's what you get, when you know a little about 3d modelling and your playing Engineer.

Physician

Post by Physician » Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:52 pm

The larger on/off button and in that location is excellent,

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:11 pm

If we look at the product that ResShop is showing the image of.....the on/off button is pretty much back where it was on the A 10 model and about the same size.

So I don't know if they really made that change or not.

Wait and see what gets released before getting too excited.

BanjoPaterson

Post by BanjoPaterson » Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:33 pm

Dog Slobber wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:41 pm
BanjoPaterson wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:42 pm
jdm5 wrote:
booksfan wrote:
It's easy to create something that lay people believe is both innovative and an excellent prototype when it doesn't have to work. That design is neither innovative nor excellent. It really is nothing more than a shell with a few silly parts within it to make it appear technical.

It's what you get, when you know a little about 3d modelling and your playing Engineer.
Good points. I've worked in software long enough to know the chasm between what's promised and what can actually be delivered.

GrumpyHere

Post by GrumpyHere » Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:52 am

Pugsy wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:05 am
Sorry, I made a mistake based on the "AirSense-11-AutoSet" portion of the the image name.

RespShop-37209-ResMed-AirSense-11-AutoSet-for-Her-10.jpg

After looking at it more carefully, it is the back of an AS10 AutoSet for Her.

My bad, I thought I had deleted that post before people read it.
ResMed Lumis Tx - VAuto mode

icon123

Post by icon123 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:08 am

Pugsy wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:52 pm
And don't get me started on the half assed brick cpap model ResMed that can't even tell centrals from obstructives which is kinda important thing to know since treatment for either is totally different.
Sorry to get you started... but what is this comment in reference to?

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:47 am

icon123 wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:08 am
Pugsy wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:52 pm
Sorry to get you started... but what is this comment in reference to?
ResMed's regular AirSense 10 CPAP model.....and the apparently coming AirSense 11 CPAP model

Remember the model names

AirSense 10 CPAP
AirSense 10 Elite
AirSense 10 AutoSet....and the for Her AutoSet.

There is a model called just the CPAP model....it's the bare bones most basic model.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:57 am

Folks...disregard my prior respshop comments about a leaked image from there....
I would go back and edit my comments but no time right now.

We haven't seen a final version of anything yet...all we have seen is a model with serial number that points to a 2017 manufacture date being released to the powers that be at the FCC or whatever which doesn't mean much. Just because it was submitted like that doesn't mean it represents the final to the public release. For all we know there might be other documents hidden we can't find.

You guys are putting the cart way before the horse here.

Wait until we actually get the real skinny from ResMed in an official release from them....it will come....sometime.
And I will shoot the next person who asks me "when"....no one that I know...knows. I am not a party to any of the secrets from any of the machine manufacturers. Nor do I know anyone who might be a party that might know.

GrumpyHere

Post by GrumpyHere » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:02 am

Read this on apneaboard
============
03-03-2021, 10:22 AM
RE: AirView

What data I have I cannot share. They were gathered solely for the purpose of developing OSCAR.

There are plenty of charts on this and other forums.
Get Airview, get a doctor's license, then talk to ResMed.
Doctors can use OSCAR, and very, very few actually do.
Airview has what you want but only for ResMed equipment, and you do not have access.
OSCAR has what you want except it is a PC based solution and you have the access, and not your doctor.

AirSense 11 will not enable both you and your doctor to look at the detailed data.

Gideon - Project Manager and Lead Tester for OSCAR - Open Source CPAP Analysis Reporter
============

Speculating here:
  • OSCAR will support AS11
  • AS11 probably still has a SD card (unless ResMed plans to upload much higher res data than they do now)
  • We will still have access to clinical menu (otherwise why waste effort in supporting AS11)
ResMed Lumis Tx - VAuto mode