Resmed airsense 10 change cdma/2g to 4G?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
corrado95

Resmed airsense 10 change cdma/2g to 4G?

Post by corrado95 » Fri May 07, 2021 7:24 pm

Hi
I have 2 machines.
In 2014 I bought the first machine in Sweden.
In 2015 I left Sweden and are now living in Thailand
In 2021 I started to get severe problem with my sleeping, about 30 problem every hour.
I thought my machine was the problem so I searched and found the best price was in US.
I bought a new machine. But i found out that it showed the same problem with sleeping.
I have now contact a doctor that have sleep apnea as speciality.
When i was at the hospital I meet staff at cpap department.
They told me about Myair and that I can use wifi to send data from cpap to pc or phone
When I check my swedish machine I can see that it don't connect.
When I check data I see that type is "2G" and operator is not my router operator
I think the machine have to be 4G to communicate.
When I check my US machine I see type is CDMA.
So now my question is, is it possible to change this to 4G so I can use Myair?
I am a technician, so perhaps I can do it myself, if I get information.
But perhaps it is not so easy, if this function is integrated in the motherboard and not a separate board?
Looking forward to your answers

palerider

Re: Resmed airsense 10 change cdma/2g to 4G?

Post by palerider » Fri May 07, 2021 9:12 pm

Myair is borderline worthless, unless you like getting pats oh the back because you participated.

It won't help you improve your sleep.

Oscar will.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Sat May 08, 2021 6:00 am

Older Air 10 devices use CDMA and newer devices use 3G.

The good news, the modem is removable.
The bad news, there is no reason to believe that swapping a newer modem into an older device will work, at least not without at least a firmware upgrade. There is no ResMed supported method for the end-user to update the firmware.

You can tell what technology a device uses by the IC ID on the back sticker. Older devices (about 2015) will have IDs that end in AIR10CDMA, newer ones: AIR103G.

RNeil

Post by RNeil » Sat May 08, 2021 10:25 am

You need to use a SD card in your machine. Your doctor can read the SD card and you can also use it with Oscar. You can also email files from the SD card.

CDMA is another name for 3G. It is obsolete and does not work in many areas.

The Resmed method of updating firmware is automatic via modem. But that doesn't work if the modem doesn't work.

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Sat May 08, 2021 11:05 am

RNeil wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 10:25 am
CDMA is another name for 3G. It is obsolete and does not work in many areas.
No, CDMA is not another name for 3G. It was introduced in the 2G Suite, but still supported within the 3G suite.
RNeil wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 10:25 am
The Resmed method of updating firmware is automatic via modem.
Not really.

ResMed is certainly capable of upgrading the firmware over-the-air, but it's only been done once and that was over six years ago. Realistically, when one brings home an Air 10 device you simply can't expect any kind of a firmware update.

greatunclebill

Post by greatunclebill » Sat May 08, 2021 12:28 pm

Two popular terms — 3G and CDMA — are often used in tandem when referring to wireless Internet and data access. When used together, the phrase simply reads — and is voiced as — “3G CDMA.” The term 3G signifies a specific group of standards the third generation (thus, “3G”) of cellular phones must meet to be designated as “3G.” Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA), however, is a technology that refers to the network type. Together, CDMA and 3G capabilities can provide consumers with high-speed access to a variety of content on wireless devices.

the older resmeds say cdma which means 3g. 3g is being phased out and soon none of the cdma 3g resmeds will no longer transmit. all 3 of our resmed's are newer and are 4g. they will transmit on the 4g lines while the older 3g will not.

please don't ask me to try nasal. i'm a full face person.
the avatar is Rocco, my Lhasa Apso. Number one "Bama fan. 18 championships and counting.
Life member VFW Post 4328 Alabama
MSgt USAF (E-7) medic Retired 1968-1990

kell420

Post by kell420 » Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:35 am

Mine just quit working yesterday I use My air to just follow my daily numbers. It's just more convenient to log into a website quickly look see how many hours I got usually when I'm not at home I check before noon. I need to get 6 hours minimum to meet FAA requirement. If I come up short I take a quick nap before noon catch up for that day sometimes I just sit there breath on it while watching a movie. I read somewhere if the FCC ID on the back ends in CD then it means have CDMA mine was working until yesterday Verizon is the CDMA company in my area they must have swapped out the transmitter in the one nearby. Just for fun I took the thing outside plugged it in an extension cord it did update I guess there is still a tower somewhere that its able to see I see the signal was -65 In my bedroom it's -95.

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:00 pm

Air 10 Label on CDMA devices:

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:57 pm

corrado95 wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 7:24 pm
They told me about Myair and that I can use wifi to send data from cpap to pc or phone
Save time and forget the useless MyAir. You can see more by getting into the clinician's reports on your machine's display. If your AHI is not satisfactory, start using OSCAR.

What is the exact model machine you are using now?
Last edited by ChicagoGranny on Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:59 pm

kell420 wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:35 am
I need to get 6 hours minimum to meet FAA requirement.
You are in a different situation from the OP. He needs to optimize his therapy, not demonstrate he is using the machine.

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:36 pm

The Sleep Report on your machines screen gives you MUCH MORE information than the My Air. You need to get into settings and change ESSENTIALS to PLUS.

kell420

Post by kell420 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:21 pm

ChicagoGranny wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:59 pm
kell420 wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:35 am
I need to get 6 hours minimum to meet FAA requirement.
You are in a different situation from the OP. He needs to optimize his therapy, not demonstrate he is using the machine.
I usually get 7 hours of sleep but the issues is if you get 5:59 minutes the FAA counts that against you only get 25% a year with under 6 hours. If I cut it close I'm not sure I can quickly verify from my phone if I need another few minutes the my air website does work okay for me. I have to maintain the data for the FAA so if I lose a SD card I know my doctor has it in their system as well. Sleep doctor told me yesterday I can get a new resmed 11 which will be coming soon that should resolve it.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:53 pm

kell420 wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:21 pm
I usually get 7 hours of sleep but the issues is if you get 5:59 minutes the FAA counts that against you only get 25% a year with under 6 hours. If I cut it close I'm not sure I can quickly verify from my phone if I need another few minutes the my air website does work okay for me.
It's incredibly simple and quick to look at the machine display to see how many minutes of usage is reported for the night. And there is no waiting for MyAir to be updated.

Stagnasty

Post by Stagnasty » Wed Feb 09, 2022 4:27 pm

CDMA and GSM are tow entirely different cellular standards. CDMA generally does not use sim cards. All GSM devises do. GSM standards have been 2g 3g 4g 4glte and 5g. They are entirely different setups. The older mobile devises in the Americas were generally CDMA while the majority of the world used the GSM standard. All the major carries in the US have transitioned over to GSM over the last decade or so. The airsense units made in the last couple of years should be 4g.